2nd Trimester
Options

Any correlation between active inside-babies to outside ones--stories?

Maybe some second time moms can weigh in one this. I've consulted the internet, of course, and have read that there isn't a lot of correlation between being active inside the uterus and having your child be very active outside. I'm wondering if any STMs care to weigh in anecdotally.

My daughter is crazy busy inside there always. I could feel her kicking (tiny ones) since she was about 15/16 weeks, always moving during U/Ss, and now she is kicking harder than I would think her feet could kick, doing flips, etc.

Sorry if there are other threads on this...not an easy one to search for title wise.
*****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga

Re: Any correlation between active inside-babies to outside ones--stories?

• Options
    Three kids and not one has been the same inside as out active wise. All three pregnancies were different as can be and all three kids are as well. 

• Options
    I'm a FTM so I'm not 100% sure, but my mom & MIL have said that they did notice a correlation between the two. apparently my SO used to get very active around 4am while in the womb. when he was born, he would always wake around that time for a feeding. with me, i would be active & then inactive in 4hr intervals. it was the same after i was born. i think it's different for everyone, honestly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No correlation IMO.  My son was a very busy inside baby.  I never really did kick counts because he was just constantly on the go!  Once born he has been more quiet and reserved.  He prefers to watch others when in big groups and he has been really easy around the house.  We have done the basics for baby proofing but we can still have a lot of things around that I know other families couldn't get away with! 
  • Options
    My DD was moving ALL the time and had colic, so I would say definitely yes for me! But...my baby sis had colic too and my mom said she hardly ever felt her move.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It did for me. My first was crazy active when I was pregnant with him. When he was born he was active, never slept and had colic. He's still very active as a 3 year old. My second son almost never moved. It was a little scary because I didn't feel him often. He was a calm and quiet baby, slept a lot and really easy. I took that kid everywhere! He's still a bit like that, but at 18 months he's beginning to be more active (and refusing to listen). 

It'll be interesting to see if baby girl follows the same pattern. This little one is a bit more of a mover and kicker, but so far not crazy. 

• Options
    I work as a bartender with all evening shifts. He would rest while I was working, then have a party in my belly when I settled down. My LO was born Wednesday and he is definitely more active and alert later in the evening and super chill in the mornings. 
  • Options
    "Any correlation between active fetus and active baby -stories?" Might get more answers with this. 
  • Options
    I work as a bartender with all evening shifts. He would rest while I was working, then have a party in my belly when I settled down. My LO was born Wednesday and he is definitely more active and alert later in the evening and super chill in the mornings. 
    Congratulations!!!!!!! :smiley: .

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess it's a toss up and could go either way. so much for reading into the future!
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Options
    My 1st didn't move around a lot. He was always a pretty good sleeper and slept through the night fairly early. Now at 3 years old, he still likes his sleep, but he's very active during the day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For me, nope.  Inside movement did not equal outside movement at all.
  • Options
    I've read in the womb babies are more active at night because during the day your movements lull them to sleep. At almost 12 weeks old, I can't say if there was a real correlation other than movement definitely puts DD to sleep and she was always less active when I was pregnant and active myself. 
  • Options
    My son was insanely active inside and now he is outside! My friend has three girls and the first two were very active inside and still are and the last wasn't and now she's very chill. Not sure if it's a coincidence but it was true for me and her!
  • Options
    For my mom, yes!

With me I was more still, and I was a fairly self-contained, not rambunctious, shy kid. My brother(10 years younger) constantly moved so much so that she couldn't sleep while she was pregnant and he would always be on some sort of nerve or something that would wake her up as soon as she fell asleep. My brother has always been wiggly and even if we are all in the kitchen talking at my mom's house he will be like walking in circles around the island as he's talking. 

I do definitely think feeling relaxed and calm during pregnancy and labor COULD contribute to the baby being like that (but of course some kids will march to the beat of their own drum no matter what). Less stress on mom and baby is certainly a good thing to strive for though! I've been doing prenatal yoga 3 times a week and listening to hypnobirthing relaxation tracks daily in trying to be as relaxed as possible.
  • Options
    My DD was super busy in the womb. Like insanely busy for 75% of the day. And she was always awake and bouncing around in there around 10pm until 1-2am. When she was born, for the first 6 weeks she was awake from 10pm until 1-2am. However, when it came to her actual energy level, although she was super busy in the womb....and is the most low-key kid ever. She has always been very chill, will sit and look at books forever as a baby (until this day), and is very go with the flow. I thought that she would be hyper by the way she was in the womb, but she is now four years old, and isn't high energy at all. 
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    I have 2 kids and both of them are the same outside as they were inside. DS always kicking and hyperactive. He is just jumping off walls as we speak. DD was really mellow inside and still is outside...
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Options
    My little one moved around a ton around the time I would go to bed, and since he's been born he is most awake during that time. We don't go to bed until 3am.  :s
  • Options
    DD had hiccups all the time in the womb. And they did not stop once she was born! For the first 6 months she had the hiccups at least once a day, it was crazy.
  • Options
    little_brenlittle_bren member
    edited March 2016
    DD was VERY active and sassy in utero (kicking things that I'd left on my stomach, sending them flying across the room).

eta: forgot to say that she is all those things. A tough baby and a very active and sassy toddler. Very smart though :-)

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I was sure DD would come out a soccer player. I started feeling her around 14 weeks and by 16 weeks DH had felt her. She never stopped moving after that it seemed. She was a pretty alert and active newborn. Then she learned to crawl and walk while holding on to stuff and she doesn't stop moving all day. When we open her door in the morning shes usually jumping in her crib. She's quite opinionated already too at only 10 months. She's always let us know exactly what she thinks of something. 

This baby (17 weeks) is a lot more laid back in there. I've only felt maybe two hard kicks and only the occasional flutter. It kind of worries me sometimes when I compare the two, but I'm hoping there is a correlation and this baby will just be more laid back. 
  • Options
    My DD was extremely active, and still is. This one isn't active but who knows.
  • Options
    My DH said his mom said when she was pregnant with him , he didn't kick much, and with his sister , she kicked all the time.  
  • Options
    I noticed small correlations between activity in and out with both kids.  But it was more related to feeding times than personality.  For example, with both kids I would get up every night to pee between 3 and 4.  Sure enough, that was their longest nighttime feeding session once they were born.

My son did recognize songs we played to my belly once he was born and they calmed him.  So there's that.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Options
    My mom did say with both me and my brother the "schedule" we were on remained consistent once we were born. I was a night owl, and he was up early.

• Options
    Meh. My daughter never had a schedule of movement and wasn't particularly wild in the belly. I'd say she's still pretty average with her movements...although sometimes she does like to kick me when I'm nursing her to sleep at night.
  • Options
    DS was very active and would punch/kick me regularly. Not much has changed.