December 2015 Moms

Re: UO Thursday

• I feel ya @Mother0fDragons    I hate being late. And with a baby I'm pretty much either just on time or late. I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion, but it's unpopular with myself. Haha. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate shopping for makeup. I have to buy foundation today and can never find my shade.

I love my maternity t shirts and still wear them.

Coffee somehow makes me more tired.

DWTS is overrated this season.

Not sure if these are UO's or just rants lol.
  • I've never liked DWTS, Real Housewives (of any city), or The Voice.

I watched The Real during my maternity leave and liked it. God help me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • EEB88EEB88 member
    @esscapelle I liked the real for awhile but one episode they were talking about how it is a wife's duty to have sex with her husband and that if you don't he'll just find it somewhere else. 

Way to be a feminist. Not. Look, I like having sex with my husband. He's good at it. But it's not my job. If my partner is fulfilling my emotional needs or providing for our family or heck unloading the dishwasher why would I want to have sex? And if I'm only doing it to stop him from seeking pleasure else where then why would I want him as a partner anyway?

(Steps off soapbox)

Maybe this should be fffc? Haha
  • I dislike the worst dad outfits thread (and a couple others). Yea, there are some doozies but can we stop perpetuating this idea of fathers as the inferior partner/parent? 
    DH has a better sense of style than I do. DD is always looking funky when I dress her. Perhaps a crazy outfit thread would be more acceptable. :)
  • I dislike the worst dad outfits thread (and a couple others). Yea, there are some doozies but can we stop perpetuating this idea of fathers as the inferior partner/parent? 
    Yaaassss. Half of the outfits aren't that bad. Like the green shirt/grey pants outfit. I would put my baby girl in that.
    That outfit was more girly that the camo outfit DD wore two days ago. 

I literally just chuck DS in anything, my SO takes time and plans his outfits which is cute! So definitely agree.

• Probably not an UO, but I just found out I'm starting my new job on Monday, and I can't wait to go back to work.  DS is 19w old, and as much as I love that I spent this much time with him at home, I was never meant to be a SAHM.  I need more adult, non-baby related conversations in my life.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • taysun said:
    I dislike the worst dad outfits thread (and a couple others). Yea, there are some doozies but can we stop perpetuating this idea of fathers as the inferior partner/parent? 
    Yaaassss. Half of the outfits aren't that bad. Like the green shirt/grey pants outfit. I would put my baby girl in that.

I have this too. Pretty sure it's gender neutral. 

DS only matches on the three days he goes to daycare. The other four days im lucky if he has pants on. 
  • taysun said:
    I dislike the worst dad outfits thread (and a couple others). Yea, there are some doozies but can we stop perpetuating this idea of fathers as the inferior partner/parent? 

DS only matches on the three days he goes to daycare. The other four days im lucky if he has pants on. 
    It's been warm enough most days lately I say "screw pants. We'll all be pantsless". Then other days there's the stuff that doesn't quite go with anything but f it because you have it, you're wearing it.
    Huh.  I contributed to that thread when DH put clothes on backward,  but I never thought of it this way. I was just thinking it was funny,  but DH is amazing doesn't need to be mocked on the Internet.  I'm genuinely glad you said something. 

For the record,  I can barely dress myself and DD gets called a boy a lot when I dress her. Thank goodness for the ready outfits from Carter's. 

My UO is that I don't like posting pictures of DD on social media that isn't pretty well protected/limited to people I know personally.  But sometimes I question that because I'd love to show her off more  ;)
  • mhuber223 said:
    Huh.  I contributed to that thread when DH put clothes on backward,  but I never thought of it this way. I was just thinking it was funny,  but DH is amazing doesn't need to be mocked on the Internet.  I'm genuinely glad you said something. 

For the record,  I can barely dress myself and DD gets called a boy a lot when I dress her. Thank goodness for the ready outfits from Carter's. 

My UO is that I don't like posting pictures of DD on social media that isn't pretty well protected/limited to people I know personally.  But sometimes I question that because I'd love to show her off more  ;)
    I'm the same way, I did a Facebook clean sweep before having DD and check my privacy often on fb to ensure there arent
    many that show up in my feed.
  • taysun said:

Ds wore that same outfit yesterday. Camo is unisex. 
  • taysun said:

QBF

The phrase "dad is home, pants are off" has become a thing in our house.  DH apparently can't be bothered to put them back on Rhys once he gets home and has diaper duty.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited April 2016
    Yes.  
    SO has better style all around than I do in a lifetime. He picked out all my maternity clothes and picks out Henry's outfits when we're going somewhere nice. If left to my own devices I would have looked frumpy and gross while pregnant and Henry would never match or be naked more then he already is. 

ETA my own UO...

I can't stand the new FB like buttons. I don't need 3 separate notifications when some reacts to something. It's annoying as hell. 

• I can't stand the new FB like buttons. I don't need 3 separate notifications when some reacts to something. It's annoying as hell. 

Stuck in box.

They confuse me. If I read something sad, is it still socially acceptable to "like" it now?  Do I have to click the sad face?  Just why?  
  • I like the like, love, and sad faces on fb. I think the haha, wow, and whatever else are overkill. Sometimes a sad face is nice to show someone you're thinking of them without having to comment or looking like you aren't just scrolling past. But I agree that getting multiple different notifications based on reaction is silly.
  • I dislike overalls. I don't think they're cute.
  • I dislike overalls. I don't think they're cute.
    They're such a pain to do anything with.
    I think these two things are completely separate. Well at least in my world. My husband is an INCREDIBLE father. For the first 11 weeks of her life he was home & literally did everything but nurse her. He was better at soothing her when her tummy hurt, he got her first smile, he got up every single time she did at night to change her & get me water, then he burped her & put her back to sleep. I've written about him on the daddy brag board.

It really bothers me when people say things to him that insinuate he is a lesser parent. Like if they ask if he is "babysitting" Sophie, or if he thinks he can handle it when I leave the two of them to run an errand or whatever. He's her dad, he's parenting, not babysitting. You'd never ask if the mom is babysitting. And yes he handles it all way better than I do! The man has the patience of a saint and he is SO loving.

But, let me tell you, he is in no way the fashion forward one in this house. The outfit was hilarious. And to be fair I'm actually the one who put her in it. But he took her pants off (which matched the sweatshirt) exposing the clashing onesie underneath. Even if he had put her in it, I don't think someone's fashion sense (or lack thereof) makes them an inferior parent. 

• My UO is that I can't stand those businesses where your friends have "parties" online or in person to sell stuff, jewelry, candles, clothes, makeup whatever. I just don't like the idea of being guilted into buying something I don't need because I want to be a good friend. 
    Pretty sure that's the popular opinion. I have yet to meet someone excited about these. 
  • pupsicle23pupsicle23 member
    edited April 2016
    My UO is that I can't stand those businesses where your friends have "parties" online or in person to sell stuff, jewelry, candles, clothes, makeup whatever. I just don't like the idea of being guilted into buying something I don't need because I want to be a good friend. 
    Pretty sure that's the popular opinion. I have yet to meet someone excited about these. 
    My SIL is a consultant for three of those businesses and has parties for other ones. So she's pretty excited about them.  

ETA I'm not.
    I think these two things are completely separate. Well at least in my world. My husband is an INCREDIBLE father. For the first 11 weeks of her life he was home & literally did everything but nurse her. He was better at soothing her when her tummy hurt, he got her first smile, he got up every single time she did at night to change her & get me water, then he burped her & put her back to sleep. I've written about him on the daddy brag board.

It really bothers me when people say things to him that insinuate he is a lesser parent. Like if they ask if he is "babysitting" Sophie, or if he thinks he can handle it when I leave the two of them to run an errand or whatever. He's her dad, he's parenting, not babysitting. You'd never ask if the mom is babysitting. And yes he handles it all way better than I do! The man has the patience of a saint and he is SO loving.

But, let me tell you, he is in no way the fashion forward one in this house. The outfit was hilarious. And to be fair I'm actually the one who put her in it. But he took her pants off (which matched the sweatshirt) exposing the clashing onesie underneath. Even if he had put her in it, I don't think someone's fashion sense (or lack thereof) makes them an inferior parent. 

The part to me where it stops being separate is when people assume "oh, daddy must have dressed you today" when they're a mess and/or things don't match, regardless of who actually chose the outfit. 
  • I know it's Sunday but what the hell. My unpopular opinion is I like waking up early. Today dd woke me up at 4am. She's fallen back to sleep, everyone else in my house is asleep but I am happily enjoying drinking my coffee & watching the news in peace. I'll sleep tonight (hopefully)