June 2015 Moms

Poll: More Children?

edited March 2016 in June 2015 Moms
I know there are some of us that are pregnant again, some are trying, and some are done! What's up with June 2015?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Poll: More Children? 76 votes

Pregnant - Team Pink
0% 0 votes
Pregnant - Team Blue
2% 2 votes
Pregnant - Team Green
3% 3 votes
Pregnant - Too early to know
1% 1 vote
Actively trying right now
3% 3 votes
Will try within the next year
35% 27 votes
Will try in the future
28% 22 votes
If it happens, it happens!
9% 7 votes
Our family is complete, we are done!
11% 9 votes
SS, please explain!
2% 2 votes

Re: Poll: More Children?

• We have two DD's and will try again in the next few months for number 3.  I  think we will have 4 total, but we'll see what #3 brings :)
    By the way, I've been absent from commenting for several months, but I've been checking in and lurking a few times a week!  I was too lazy to figure out my password for a while...
  • We will be trying for number two in the next couple months. I am excited and nervous. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We will be trying in the upcoming months as well. I have a slight case of baby fever, but want to hold off a little longer. 
  • We have our 3.5 year old son, and our almost 10 month old twin daughters. We always said we planned on two kids, no matter boys or girls. Well, we're super pleased with our 3 beautiful children, and we wouldn't change it for the world, but we're completed as a family. We are done!

• Ah I'm torn. I have boy/girl twins- my husband wants another but I'm scared I might get pregnant with twins again. I was so sick basically my entire pregnancy so I don't know how I would do that and look after my kids at the same time. 
  • Ah I'm torn. I have boy/girl twins- my husband wants another but I'm scared I might get pregnant with twins again. I was so sick basically my entire pregnancy so I don't know how I would do that and look after my kids at the same time. 
    I am nervous about the same thing and I only have the one to take care of! I'm going to wait a few years so if I am really sick again LO will be a bit more self sufficient (I hope!) DH is fine with one. I sometimes worry I'd convince him to have just one more and somehow we'd end up with twins too!
  • I'd like one more, but will probably wait 2 to 3 more years.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
    I can't tell you what it's like being pregnant and having twins to take care of. However, like you, I was super sick most my pregnancy with the twins. My feet got super swollen and I hurt so bad I didn't want to move. Thankfully our son was 2 years old when I got pregnant and pretty able to do things himself. I still had to do a lot for him, and it was exhausting. But you push through and manage to be super mom. You lean on your husband for a ton of help! If you are even considering another baby, I'd go for it! If you get another set of twins, think how cool that would be. Yes, I know I sound crazy, lol. But then they'd all have a really close bond. If you only had one baby, the twins would be great big siblings. 

• I was 32 when I had LO, definitely want another but we're still struggling getting into the groove of things. LO still wakes 2-3 times a night and I'd hate to be pregnant and (not) sleeping like this. I also gained a lot of weight and still have 20-30 lbs to lose before I'd want to get prego. And DH is feeling very resentful of the attention I give to LO...LO got RSV earlier this month which is now bronchiolitis so needless to say he's absolutely 100% of my focus. Thinking we need to do some couples counseling definitely before we have another. Most of my cousins had their kids at 37-38 so fingers crossed I still have a few more years. Idk, it's been a real shitty month.
    This is me too!!
    This is me too!!
    This is my husband. I, on the other hand would love to try again even knowing I have a high chance of another set of twins.
  • I'm a SS!  DH and I change our minds every week. Gotta figure it out soon, though as we're old and time is not on our side!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• We definite want another. We don't use any type of birth control and havent gotten prenant yet. We booked a vacation to Cancun end of June.....so maybe we'll bring #2 home!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• She was our last, I am fixed now lol
  • heidiiwa said:
    DH is happy with one. I would like another if possible but not necessarily biologically mine. I'd like us to adopt a little girl at some point when we have more time and money. I'm already 41 and we're stretched pretty thin for time and money now. But I do love being a mom and would love to love another child. 
    IMO You'll never think the timing is right or you have enough money. I wouldnt want a newborn close to 50. Lol 
  • Next Spring well start trying.  We want at the least 3 and in no hurry to rush this part of our life.  
  • I'd like one more too but I'm not sure I should wait the 2/3 years I otherwise would.  I am 41 and the clock is ticking.  I'd hate to regret not having another but I'm very nervous about the prospect of 2 under 2!
  • andina05 said:
    I'd like one more too but I'm not sure I should wait the 2/3 years I otherwise would.  I am 41 and the clock is ticking.  I'd hate to regret not having another but I'm very nervous about the prospect of 2 under 2!
    You can do it! I had 3 under 3! Now I have a 3.5 year old and 10 month old twins. Stressful at times? Oh yeah, but totally worth it! 

• Same here, 42 and DD is already a handful. Scared of having number 2 but clock is ticking too. Well aware of pros and cons of a second child but afraid I'll regret it later. 
  • I can tell you what an only child told me. She lost both of her parents a couple of years apart. She had to handle all of their belongings and plan their funerals by herself. She said she'd never wish that on anyone. She has no siblings to stay close to. She told me and my sister in law (her daughter) to never stop at one. Just something to think about. 

• heidiiwa said:
    DH is happy with one. I would like another if possible but not necessarily biologically mine. I'd like us to adopt a little girl at some point when we have more time and money. I'm already 41 and we're stretched pretty thin for time and money now. But I do love being a mom and would love to love another child. 
    I've always wanted to adopt, since I was a little girl. DH was the "end of the line" so now that he has his biological son he wanted (cough, we aren't royalty wtf, cough!), I'm talking to him again about adoption. We shall see.

Do it! DH and i took an adoption class through our local children's hospital and it was fascinating. So many cool things to consider. Adoption is definitely on our radar for the future
  • found out in December we were pregnant again, then a week later found out it's twins. Found out last week they're boys. I'm destined to be a mom of boys and my heart is so, so happy for it. 
    Congrats! Welcome to the twins club! They're a blast! 

• found out in December we were pregnant again, then a week later found out it's twins. Found out last week they're boys. I'm destined to be a mom of boys and my heart is so, so happy for it. 
    Oh yeah! Congrats! Twins are such fun and so hard at the same time
  • It's too early for me to know (10+4) but were team green anyway :smile: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • For y'all that haven't gotten your period and are not preventing anything, are you testing every once in a while? 
  • @jessieR358 I still haven't gotten my period and we are not preventing and I haven't been testing.  But honestly we aren't dtd too often, I have no drive.  I feel bad for SO, lol.  Hoping as we start the weaning process things can kinda go back to normal.  I do want to get pregnant again, I would like to have another sometime next spring/summer.  
  • swiebe said:
    @jessieR358 I still haven't gotten my period and we are not preventing and I haven't been testing.  But honestly we aren't dtd too often, I have no drive.  I feel bad for SO, lol.  Hoping as we start the weaning process things can kinda go back to normal.  I do want to get pregnant again, I would like to have another sometime next spring/summer.  
    Lol yep to all of this! 
  • bwow615bwow615 member
    @jessieR358 I am also hoping LO starts Sttn so I can get some much needed sleep before/while pregnant with the next. Not sure I could handle these wake ups while battling morning sickness/heartburn.