May 2016 Moms

FFFC 4/1

2»

Re: FFFC 4/1

• I'm half tempted to leave work early today. Why? It's 85 degrees outside with a feels like temp of 92 and I would much rather be at home in my pool than being hot and uncomfortable at work. Apparently the AC sucks here. I'm over the heat already and it's only going to get worse. :( 

And also bc I absolutely cannot get comfortable in my chair today. I have a back support on my chair, which usually does the trick, but today no matter what I do I cannot get comfortable.
  • Loading the player...
  • missnc77 said:

I used to work in a tanning salon and I think they were SO HAPPY when I left because I refused to tan. I'm super pale and always just burn. ALWAYS. But I was good at my job so they never could find a reason to fire me. The whole reason I took the job was because I was a freshman in college and if it was slow/I finished all my work they would let me do school work while on the clock. 
    @bookelf221I'm clearly suffering from my lack of sleep. I read that as "But I got a boob job so they never could find a reason to fire me." I had to do a double take.
    LOL! That is pretty funny, though I did have a chest reduction while I was working there - but I don't think that had anything to do with me keeping my job. ;-)
  • My FFFC is my shower is tomorrow and I don't give a rat's butt how my hair looks.  Okay maybe that is over stating it a bit.  But basically my mom is on my case about how I'm going to do my hair.  The only problem is I have carpal tunnel so bad in my dominant hand that I can barely brush my hair as it is I have it in my other hand as well, but not as bad as the dominant hand but it still hurts.  I can hardly get a good grip on much of anything without excruciating pain in my hand.  She knows this and yet is pitching a fit about me wearing my hair like I always do (she does not want me to wear my hair like I normally do) b/c there will be people there we have not seen in a long time.   I finally lost it on the phone with her and was like what do you suggest I do?  I can barely brush my hair and you want me to make it look so and so.  How do you suppose I do that?  Are you going to do it for me?  That's right I didn't think so.  Then she was like I don't know but so and so will be there.  

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • I haven't been eating cold cuts or sushi while pregnant, but that's just because I don't care for either.

I have been drinking coffee. Lots of coffee! And green tea, and caffeinated sodas, and all the caffeine ever, and I feel fiiiine. Honestly I don't think I'd be doing anywhere near this well without it.

So yeah, I am all for independently examining the evidence supporting various pregnancy prohibitions and then drawing your own conclusions about which are worth following.
  • Someone left a HUGE sheet cake on the table in the breakroom on my floor.  I had a piece, and it was so delicious that I had to go back for another!  I had been eating so healthy this week that I should feel disappointed about it, but I really don't care! 
  • I ate an entire bag of potato chips by myself yesterday for the first time in my entire life! 
    *do I get credit for them being organic kettle chips made w/olive oil??? 
  • vinerie said:
    I totally April Fool-ed my husband today and I laughed and laughed. 

I texted him this morning: "I knew I was feeling off today...and I think my water just broke. Calling the doctor now."

He calls me immediately all panicked "I'M COMING HOME NOW!! WHAT DID THE DOCTOR SAY?"

Me: "He said this is serious. We need to get to this hospital. He also said we could just stay at home and that things might be okay if you give me foot rubs tonight." 

.....Long pause.....

Him: "Wait, what?"

Me: "Yeah, we're having an April 1st baby unless you give me foot rubs tonight."

And then he got it. I laughed and laughed. He did, too. Apparently after reading that first text he ran out of his office and told his secretary?! So I could hear her in the background laughing. 

He told me I owe him, and I am going to pick up pizza from our favorite little local place tonight as a treat. And some nice bourbon so he can have a good drink tonight to relax! 

I don't know if I should be happy that he sprung into action so quickly, or sad that he fell for the joke so easily! 
    Seriously? How little respect do you have for your husband? Also glad that joking about having a serious labor and possible preemie is totes funny to you. Go walk into a nicu and readjust that "humor". 
    My FFC is that I thought @vinerie 's joke was hilarious. I also find this hostility towards her joke to her husband hilarious.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• My FFFC is that almost texted my hubby with the same joke as @vinerie, but forgot about it by the time I got near my phone, pregnancy brain strikes again. I also know that my husband would have not have been upset about the joke. Course he's got trust issues so knowing it was April 1st he'd wouldn't have taken me a face value anyway. 

A couple more, I still hate the term "gift grabby". It just makes me think of someone stealing gifts from people like the hamburglar and running away. In my world Gifts are generally given freely, not as obligations,  and the giving is enjoyed.
    Also in topics like FFFC, or WTF Wednesdays I prefer reading new posts to replies and I often skip the ones with quote boxes. Especially if there is 3 or 4 boxes and the original post is in one vertical line and impossible to read. 

( And one boo for myself, I just had to delete 3 random "likes" from my post. Because I guess somehow while writing this I became a teenage girl. )
  • Merciel said:
    I haven't been eating cold cuts or sushi while pregnant, but that's just because I don't care for either.

I have been drinking coffee. Lots of coffee! And green tea, and caffeinated sodas, and all the caffeine ever, and I feel fiiiine. Honestly I don't think I'd be doing anywhere near this well without it.

So yeah, I am all for independently examining the evidence supporting various pregnancy prohibitions and then drawing your own conclusions about which are worth following.
    It's actually supposed to be cut down for your baby not for how it makes you feel. I drink caffeine as well pg but have cut down. I wouldn't be able to function without it.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• My FFFC is that DH was gone for most of the day so I declared today to be an easy day. I've been so beyond exhausted and with 3 very active boys I'm glad I got them all down to nap/rest. The funny thing is that DH thought I had been working so hard on the house because when he got home it was pretty damn clean and he was like "wow, the house looks awesome. Someone has been super busy". Barely. I can't pick anything up off the ground and had the kids do it and put it away. I did clean my room but I did most of the prep work for that yesterday so it was easy today. Of course I just let DH praise away and he thinks I went crazy cleaning.  :D
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • arj14arj14 member
    I woke up this morning extremely tired so I rescheduled my OB appointment for Monday.  Also I was getting kitty cuddles.  No regrets.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker