Pregnant after 35
Options

Weekly Check in 3/25

2»

Re: Weekly Check in 3/25

• Options
    @krupali78 - As pp have said, there's a huge range in when women begin to show and in how big their bumps get. Prior to pregnancy I frequently had times after eating a lot of fiber or before my period when I would bloat and look pregnant. It's just what my body does so no surprise I'm showing early. I told  a coworker today about my pregnancy and she said that I look the way she looked when she was 7 months pregnant. She also said that with the way she carried, she wore regular jeans the whole time! I was actually hoping I wouldn't show until closer to 20 weeks so that I felt like I had more flexibility about when I shared my news. I reluctantly decided that I would rather people know now so that I don't have to hide my belly and/or wonder what peolple are thinking...
  • Options
    I second and third what everyone else has said @krupali78!  It's so hard and the wait between appointments is so long!  I wanted to mention one more thing regarding movement.  I didn't feel consistent movement until 20+ weeks with my first and I had a posterior placenta.  Do you know where your placenta is?  If it's anterior, movement may be felt even later.  Now this time around, I felt the babies at 14 weeks and now, at 18 weeks, I feel them multiple times per day - but I also know what it feels like!  Oh, and I didn't "pop" until 21-ish weeks with my first.  I remember sending my mom a picture and she'd seen me the previous week.  Her response was "where did that come from!?"  HAHA!  Hang in there mama.  The prize at the end is worth all the frustration and worry!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emsmama15I think it's posterior pl enta but I am not sure, will check with my doctor next time I visit, thank you for your insight, it was helpful

@carrieandroy good to know I ain't alone during this time, thanks much

@BernieRae thank you for being so understanding. Will keep in mind your advice

@Sporty1216 I have promised DH to take a chill pill and be more relaxed and not so nervous all the time

thanks everyone
  • Options
    @bernierae I'd want to pop that coworker in the nose!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    Yeah! I'm with @CarrieandRoy -- what a weird/rude thing to say! Don't people know that the ONLY acceptable thing to say to a pregnant woman regarding her body is some variation on "you look amazing!" (Which you do, by the way)
  • Options
    Yeah I had a coworker tell me the opposite the other day - that at 7 months I'm the size she was at 4 months. And every time she sees me she comments on how "tiny" I am. Sure, being told you're "huge" (or having it hinted at) is really rude, but I also find being called "tiny" is very disconcerting. I'm a solid size 12 with an athletic build, 160lb pre-pregnancy. I have never been, nor will I ever be "tiny". My OB tells me that the fetal growth is on target, and that's all I care about. Everyone else needs to keep their mouth shut.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    When she was saying all of this to me I really didn't think anything of it. As I typed it out though I realized that her comments sounded a bit judgy or even boastful even though I didn't take offense. Comparing body size under any circumstance is a slippery slope. I guess people think it's somehow acceptable during pregnancy even if they would never discuss such things normally. And then again when the baby's born. People make unsolicited comments about how big or small the baby is at birth and as the baby develops during the early years.
  • Options
    Oh, and people will (oh so unwisely) also make comments on your post-partum bod and how tired you look or how well-rested you look or whatever.  Whether in the form of a "compliment" or not, just leave it alone people.  Once again, I'm pretty sure the only thing anyone ever needs to say is "you look amazing."  :)
  • Options
    When I first started posting bump photos on facebook at 16 weeks, people kept commenting that I didn't even look pregnant. That was annoying, because I was proud of my new bump. Once I started showing more, the comments became about how "that's nothing -- wait until you're 40 weeks!" (Umm...yeah...I'm aware that your belly doesn't stop growing halfway through the pregnancy. And I've seen other pregnant women before.) But I've had two lovely compliments from women at my gym. One said I look fantastic and she's impressed that I still do the workouts and the other said you can't even tell I'm pregnant from the back and that I probably hear that all the time. Those ladies know just what to say!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)