May 2016 Moms

Memory book

Are you starting a memory book? 
If so, what will you put in it?
I've taken photos of my bump from the very beginning- those will go on the book as well as the ultrasound pictures. 
Also a snap shot of my belly painting that a friend did for me. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Memory book

• @araecasey aw thank you! At least your DD had a good time with the stickers!! 
     ;) 
    This is is my first baby so everything is a big deal for me. I'm sure with the second - God willing - I won't be the way I am now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MsIanMsIan member
    I'm starting one soon actually. I'm probably gonna buy the book today or tomorrow. I have taken pics of my belly intermittently, and we have our maternity photos, and I took snap shots of all/ most of our ultrasound pics. I think we still have the card where I told H that we're having a boy. And pics from my baby shower that's happening this weekend. The hospital is also going to do footprints and will give us one for the book if we bring it. That's all I've thought of so far.
  • I'm starting a scrapbook that already has ultrasound pictures and I'm going to include some bump pictures and baby shower pictures as well.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I started a baby book when I first got pregnant and worked on it during the first and part of second trimester. Will continue to work on it and add the 4D ultrasound pictures we had gotten done. 
  • @Dasha420 that is an amazing belly pic!! Your friend is very talented!! 
  • I have a journal I've been writing to her in every so often and am going to start a scrapbook with bump pictures and the ultrasound pictures as well.
  • I bought one right after I got my BFP.  I've stuck the ultrasound photos, pamphlets from the doctor, etc. in it.  It is separated by trimester and has spaces for notes, but I haven't filled anything out so far.  I plan to print all of my HDBD pics and put them in it.  Maybe I'll get a chance to work on it while on maternity leave since I'll have family in town to help with LO.
  • I have a journal that I meant to write in around when I got my BFP, but I only ever managed to a handful of times. I may try and turn it into something where I write about the first year with her instead. I'm getting a baby book for sure and I would love to do a scrapbook, but in regards to the scrapbook it will probably never get done. The stuff for our wedding one is still sitting around 4 years later. Someone I know also did this thing for their baby where they took a picture every day for a year and then ended up getting a book made with them which sounded kinda cool, so I may try and do something like that instead.
  • I plan to write a letter to my LO before she is born, and I have a pregnancy memory book as well that I've filled out here and there (some of the writing prompts did not interest me, or did not apply). Like the PP mentioned, I am also planning on taking a photo of LO each day of her first year of life and having it made into a book.
  • I have a pregnancy journal that I wrote in quite religiously until about 16 weeks (it still doesn't know that we're having a girl). I put our earliest ultra sounds in it and talked a lot about my excitement and nausea. I don't think I'll go back to it. My mom gave me a baby book that I do plan on keeping. My own baby book that my mother kept is something that I have enjoyed looking at my whole life and that makes me feel loved and important - it is something I really want to do for my LO.
  • On my 'to-do' list:  'Finish Julia's baby book'.  ...this is my 2nd child .... she's 5!  I have a lot done though - just need to dig up/print more pics to put in it.  My son's is finished.  I think they're great to have - I like books where they lay most things out for you.  If I had a blank book I wouldn't do nearly as good of a job.  For this pregnancy my sister gave me a 'My Pregnancy' memory book and it's partially filled up but I need to put pictures in it. 
  • On my 'to-do' list:  'Finish Julia's baby book'.  ...this is my 2nd child .... she's 5!  I have a lot done though - just need to dig up/print more pics to put in it.  My son's is finished.  I think they're great to have - I like books where they lay most things out for you.  If I had a blank book I wouldn't do nearly as good of a job.  For this pregnancy my sister gave me a 'My Pregnancy' memory book and it's partially filled up but I need to put pictures in it. 
    I love the name Julia.  Totally on my girl baby name list.
  • @2.red.heads This is about where I am too. DS's baby/1st year book set (I had to split it into 2 books) is halfway finished. I wrote a letter to him each month reflecting on the new things he had done, how we felt, etc. and took a gazillion pictures. He's turning 2 next week, but I'm hoping to have the second half of the book set finished before this baby comes. It's definitely wishful thinking, though. 
  • I've been journaling along the way with this pregnancy. I did the same thing with my son's adoption process. I started many baby books for my first but none are finished. Didn't even bother buying a memory book because I really doubt I will keep up with it! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I started to journal and kept it going for the first few months but I stopped somewhere around my nasty kidney stone episode where I threw up so hard from pain that I popped blood vessels in my eyes and face. I decided I didn't feel like reliving that and then a lot of other things got thrown into that pile.  I also got pretty depressed for a while and lost interest. I regret it now.  I do have a lot of photos though and various notes I have scribbled or messages to my aunts back home that I can reference. 

I love premade baby books but it would end up with so many empty 'family' pages that I might find it too depressing.  I planned to make a scrapbook but at this point all I am doing is making a baby box.You know, decoupage that outside of that sucker to look real nice and fill it with items from the pregnancy and memorabilia from her first few years. I would love to make a scrapbook but I have never tried before and think I would like some practice and to develop a style before tackling an important one like this. 
  • edited April 2016
    1st baby has a pregnancy book without any pictures (only ultrasound pictures) and a notebook where I wrote things down monthly from birth until now. Hours worth of work but great stuff in there!  
    I do have on my to do list making a photo book of the pregnancy and first year. So I did take pictures. 
    That child has a baby box filled with things of interest from their first years and also a birthday book I write in at their birthday every year. 

2nd baby (this baby) has a pregnancy book also without pictures (only the ultrasound pics) and I have written a lot in it. To do so this time around I have had to stay up very late writing to the baby to carve out time. But I do want it to be filled in and complete just as the first child's is.
    i will not have time for a journal matching baby #1 with a toddler and newborn and DH who works until 10:00-11:00 pm every night.  

Unfortunately I don't have as many pregnancy pictures this time around but I still will want to make a pregnancy and first year book with this baby. Someday. 
    I will purchase the birthday book like for baby #1 and also keep a small memory box for them for things of interest. 

If if we have a 3rd I can't imagine the same volume written memories because I am already struggling to find any time to write anything as I am busier than I have ever been in my entire life in this season of life.