Birth Stories

Possible Pregnant Immediately After Miscarriage!?

Hello lovely ladies! It has been a while since I've been on The Bump- I have been naturally working on missed miscarriage #2 (I was 6w along) since the end of October. My heart goes out to all who have experienced this horrible loss 3

I have been getting blood tests done at the end of each month, and my HcG levels still have not reached 0 yet. My levels have been: December 2015- 1300s, January 2016- 801, and February- 720. I received the results from my latest test ( it has been a month since receiving Feb's results) and it has gone up a point: March- 721. o It was my Doc's Medical Assistant that called with the results. She asked if I had unprotected sex at all since the last test, and I have. She said she is going to speak with the Doc and call me back.

I am totally nervous. My first MC was the end of December 2014 (11w along), I had D&C the following January 2015. I'm nervous because I know D&C may be necessary if my HcG stops going down. However, I am more nervous about possibly being pregnant and the health of the baby.

Has anyone had experience with conception right after MC? 

I am so blessed to have the love of my life, my DH, est. November 2008.

BFP#1 Nov 2014, Missed MC at 11w, D&C on 01/06/2015

BFP#2 Sept 2015, Missed MC at 6w, Methotrexate injection 3/25/16, released from Doc 5/17/16

BFP#3 Oct 2016, Chemical

Re: Possible Pregnant Immediately After Miscarriage!?

• I have not had experience with this but I wanted to tell you good luck! I hope everything works out for you!!!
  • Thanks so much @jamiesc58 - I am still awaiting the call from the Doc, this wait is killing me!!

BFP#2 Sept 2015, Missed MC at 6w, Methotrexate injection 3/25/16, released from Doc 5/17/16

BFP#3 Oct 2016, Chemical

• Loading the player...
  • Update- I finally got a call back from the doc. My HCG has been the same (give or take 1 mIU/ml) for over a month. I am going in for some blood testing today, after which I will start medication to induce expulsion. Honestly I am ready to try something different. After 5 months of constant cramping, fatigue, other phantom pregnancy symptoms, and random bleeding, I am very ready to be well again. At least we are moving forward :) 

BFP#3 Oct 2016, Chemical

• Another update- I guess since my numbers hadn't budged in a month the doc determined there must be remaining tissue. I went in Friday the 25th and got a Methotrexate injection. Not much has changed since then. I have had a few more cramps, a little more discharge/spotting, but nothing major. I am going back Monday to do another hCG test. I'm hoping it is substantially lower, if not 0!

BFP#3 Oct 2016, Chemical