July 2016 Moms

Self tanners

Has anyone found a safe self tanner to use while pregnant!?

Re: Self tanners

• Loading the player...
  • I agree, I wouldn't risk lathering on self tanner chemicals while pregnant to be tanned. Get some sun ☺
  • Yes...the sun is ideal...if we ever get some nice weather here on the East coast! 
  • I'd go with sun as well.
  • I like getting a spray tan for special occasions. However, not when pregnant. Mostly I am embracing my white skin. Seriously I am really pale. For makeup I have to buy a 1. However, I couldn't stand my white legs for Easter so I bought some nylons. 
  • The sun gets my vote as well. I have had several friends do fake tanners when they were pregnant, ones that they had used previously with zero issues. Well, since we all know that pregnancy can do funky things to our body/skin, they all had issues....from it only sticking in some spots and not others, to breaking out in bad rashes. 
  • My city can be a little crunchy and so we have tons of great spray tanning options like Organic Bronze Bar. I'm going to do a trial run soon for my baby shower. Otherwise I have been embracing the pale!
  • Consider me vain - but this past weekend I used the Jergens Natural Glow Quick-Dry Foam.  They have a nice three step system (exfoliant, foam, lotion), and I only had to use the first two steps once to get a "nice color."  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nerdchild said:

Just embrace it. My so-white-it's-reflective ass will happily be sporting a bikini and summer dresses. 
    This cartoon makes me so happy. :-D
  • agradi said:
    I'm sorry but... Really? Why the hell do you need to be tan while pregnant? I get wanting to look good BUT... All I can think of is Carly Simon singing "You're so vain"... Embrace the fact that you are pregnant, people will tell you that you're beautiful even if you look like shit. If it's something that you're soooooo hell bent on, I am gonna mirror PP and say small stints in the sun. Or ya know... Just say screw it and hit the tanning bed...
    I guess I should stop wearing mascara and doing my hair also...wouldn't want to be considered vain for making myself feel good about the way I look. 

Tanning bed...really?
  • agradi said:
    I'm sorry but... Really? Why the hell do you need to be tan while pregnant? I get wanting to look good BUT... All I can think of is Carly Simon singing "You're so vain"... Embrace the fact that you are pregnant, people will tell you that you're beautiful even if you look like shit. If it's something that you're soooooo hell bent on, I am gonna mirror PP and say small stints in the sun. Or ya know... Just say screw it and hit the tanning bed...
    I guess I should stop wearing mascara and doing my hair also...wouldn't want to be considered vain for making myself feel good about the way I look. 

Tanning bed...really?
    Hmm yeah, maybe you should stop and learn to love yourself for who you are instead of what you look like.

And you're not "feeling good about the way you look", you're making yourself feel better by faking how you look with artificial means. 
  • Y0urm0m said:
    agradi said:

Tanning bed...really?
    I would also avoid deodorant and toothpaste because that shit is full of chemicals too.
  • I was mistaken I thought this was a no judgement zone where women could go to ask each other advice...
  • @Soontobepartyofthree hi you must be new here based on your tone and lack of acknowledgement of the advice you were given. Advice is still advice even if it wasn't the kind you were looking for. Even in the poster you quoted she gave you the advice of using the sun instead of tanners. Time to lighten up and realize they are trying to encourage self love of yourself instead of feeling like you have to mask it with products. I don't think that's wrong or judgmental.
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Further more want more support ? Try giving it! We have moms on here going through real issues seeking real support and encouragement. Maybe instead of just using the craft thread and this try offering support first before seeking it. It tends work better that way as well. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @Soontobepartyofthree hi you must be new here based on your tone and lack of acknowledgement of the advice you were given. Advice is still advice even if it wasn't the kind you were looking for. Even in the poster you quoted she gave you the advice of using the sun instead of tanners. Time to lighten up and realize they are trying to encourage self love of yourself instead of feeling like you have to mask it with products. I don't think that's wrong or judgmental.
    Oh I happily took the sun advice...and even commented above on how perfect that would be if we were having nice weather here on the east coast.

I think calling someone vain instead of offering a suggestion is judgmental, but that's just my opinion.
  • Further more want more support ? Try giving it! We have moms on here going through real issues seeking real support and encouragement. Maybe instead of just using the craft thread and this try offering support first before seeking it. It tends work better that way as well. 
    I'm happy to offer support on topics I feel I can really give a good suggestion or opinion on. 
  • agradi said:
    Promoting self love in a world full of people who want thigh gaps, and to be a double zero in the waist... That's me being all kinds of judgmental... I'm sorry you see that as a negative. Actually... Nope. Not sorry one bit. Yes fake tans may be safe to use during pregnancy but, think about it this way... People are body shaming pregnant woman ALLLLLL the time because they aren't keeping their small frames, aren't perfectly tan, and pretty much because they are pregnant. Why would you want to promote the negatives behind something like that. Love yourself and everything that encompasses. Teach your kids that they should love themselves also. Show them that mommy doesn't need a fake tan, or make up even to be beautiful. My nephew tells my sister every day that she is the most beautiful woman on the planet, especially before she puts on make up because it's the real her. Isn't that what we all want to hear, and deep down KNOW?? 
    I completely agree with this.
  • East coast, we don't even start to have nice weather till almost may, people that start tanning or make themselves tan before may look weird on the east coast. Crayola crayons walking around. 
  • If you're looking for a spray tan, go with VersaSpa. It lasts longer than Mistic Tan. Both are 100% safe as long as you're not purposely inhaling the mist (I don't know why you would want to). Although I'm too lazy to leave my house to get spray tanned once a week lol. My personal fave is St Tropez mousse. It's about $42 at Sephora and will last me all year. Make sure you get the tanning mit to go with it, it makes everything A LOT EASIER. The chemicals are no more unsafe than those found in bodywash, lotion or sunscreen. The ingredient Sunless tanners use to give you color is just DHA and is most commonly derived from sugar cane. Sun gives you cancer. Sugar is just delicious. Nuff said!