July 2016 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

2»

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Options
    I'm the TW. Today was day one of moving for us and I way overdid it. I didn't take breaks like I should have and I think I lifted too much. I am full of regret. And back pain.
  • Options
    My TW is my golden retriever puppy. She was outside playing for a while and when I let her in she had somehow dug up an old planter and rubbed her face all in the dirt! And we have A LOT of melting snow right now, so her face and feet were sopping wet with mud water. She came running in the house, jumped on the couched, jumped on me and got mud everywhere! I had to give her a bath and now my back hurts from bending over the bath tub while wrangling a big puppy. She is making everything smell like wet dog and my house is a disaster! Good thing she is cute....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just got home for the first time today at 10pm and husband decides to immediately yell at me for turning on the kitchen light when I go to plug in my work phone umm a) it's the freaking kitchen not the bedroom b) you aren't even in bed! C) leave me alone if you can't me nice I went to work and then to work for my friend part time and had my ms kick in again tonight but he wouldn't know that because he couldn't even ask me how my day was the TW! Ugh! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    TW is the phlebotomist that took my blood last week. When she put the needle in I felt a sharp pain in my vein about 5 inches below where she stuck me. It was only one vial so I didn't say anything (didn't want her to have to stick me again). I didn't think much of it but today I was doing weight for shoulder/arms and my vein feels like it's getting caught and then releasing--- DH thinks she hit a nerve but I'm not having any numbness or tingling, just a weird twinge if I make a particular motion. I honestly don't know what to do about it. 
  • Options
    My body is the TW today. My normally reliable burrito place steered me wrong last night and I was up all night paying the price. And all day today. To top it off I have been way over doing it on floor renovations and be between that and bending over to vomit, my back is destroyed. I am basically just a sack of misery today. 
  • Options
    TW is the phlebotomist that took my blood last week. When she put the needle in I felt a sharp pain in my vein about 5 inches below where she stuck me. It was only one vial so I didn't say anything (didn't want her to have to stick me again). I didn't think much of it but today I was doing weight for shoulder/arms and my vein feels like it's getting caught and then releasing--- DH thinks she hit a nerve but I'm not having any numbness or tingling, just a weird twinge if I make a particular motion. I honestly don't know what to do about it. 
    I had that a few months ago after some bloodwork. No numbess or tingling, just a twinge down my arm. I asked my phlebotomist friend and she said it sounded like a pinched nerve and should resolve itself. It did after a week or so. If it doesn't go away within a few more days or it goes numb I'd get it checked out, but you're probably fine. 
  • Options
    rnyland1 said:

AB34 said:
    @ab34 I assume he's going forward with the suit, though...right?
    So HR handed the suit to his Director of Nursing, and they had a sit down meeting with her and his supervisor (who he filed the suit against). His complaint was that the care coordinator had been angry, aggressive, and verbally abusive toward him. They basically told him it was all his attitude and his attitude (stressed out, asking for help on the floor) made hers excusable. They told him he could suck it up, move units, or quit. 

When the HR lady and the Director of Nursing fired him, he brought this up and the HR lady denied ever having been notified of the harrasment charge. DH was like, well I printed out the email so I have proof. They didn't seem to care. They had come up with a statement by his co-worker saying he had said a bunch of things earlier that day that he hadn't. This is the same coworker who told DH she gave them an ultimatum earlier that day saying she wanted 5 days a week (aka DHs position) or she'd quit. 

TL;DR it's basically their word against his. 
    I think a lawyer would love to take this case. 

a lawyer might take the case....but when we tried to go forward with a suit against my DH's former employer we basically gave up after a while, because our lawyers couldn't make a deal without us going to court.  So, in other words, we ran out of money to pursue the case because going to court would have been very pricey.  It was also a similar situation (their word against my DH's). I've had some other legal issues in the past and will tell you that a good lawyer is extremely expensive and they typically won't lift a finger until their retainer fees are paid and/or replenished. However, a good enough lawyer can sometimes work as an intimidation factor (worked for me in one instance) for the other party to back down about something. @AB34 you should go for it if you want just be prepared for the potential cost.
    And all of these reasons right here is why I have legal insurance.  If we didn't we would still be trying scrape money for our sons adoption.
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker