Heidi
Rachel
Pearl

DD#1 born 12/30/2015
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DS#1 born 02/19/2013

Re: too outdated!?

• I don't think they're too outdated. A lot of mom's today are Hilary's, Amber's etc. and so they are picking different names that don't seem as common to them. If you choose one of these names I would be shocked if your little ever had a classmate with the same name. The only negative thing I will say about using a name that was popular in the 80's or 90's is that while age discrimination shouldn't happen, it does happen. If an employer sees a resume with one of these names (in 25-30 years, when the time comes) they might assume she's much older than she actually is and pass her up for an interview. I could be overthinking it though.
  • Cheyenne I just don't think this is a classy name at all 

Diana love as a mn

Hillary I met a young Hilary recently and liked it. However usage right now might get you Clinton references which could be a love or hate thing depending on personal views

Amber most I know are my ge so early thirties. Don't love or hate it

Heidi love love love

Rachel like

Pearl really like especially as a middle name

• Loading the player...
  • Love Rachel and Diana
  • In general I just don't like Cheyenne or Amber - makes me think of a stripper. The rest I actually like. You might get some surprised reactions but I don't think that's bad. I met a 6 year old Jessica which surprised me but I didn't think of it negatively. Jessica is my name as well.
  • I really dislike Cheyenne, and finds its usage on the disrespectful side.  

I like Diana,  Heidi, Amber and Pearl though. I think they are all nice, solid names.
  • I love Diana, Hillary, Heidi and Rachel. I don't love the other three but they're not horrible. Amber and Cheyenne do feel a little 80/90's to me. 
  • I was born in the 80's and know someone expecting a little girl. I agree these names were popular in the 80s and 90s but wanted to hear your opinions. Thank you all. 
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• I like Heidi, Rachel, and Diana.  The rest are NMS.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• I really like Diana, Rachel, and Heidi. Pearl is good in the mn spot. Agree with pp that Hilary/Hillary may be seen as a Clinton reference right now.
  • I love Heidi. 
  • Pearl and Heidi are great!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• 4N6s4N6s member
    They're all fine! 
  • I'm a Cheyenne and I've always gotten compliments on my name.  I think all the names are fine on your list. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • I don't think they're too outdated. A lot of mom's today are Hilary's, Amber's etc. and so they are picking different names that don't seem as common to them. If you choose one of these names I would be shocked if your little ever had a classmate with the same name. The only negative thing I will say about using a name that was popular in the 80's or 90's is that while age discrimination shouldn't happen, it does happen. If an employer sees a resume with one of these names (in 25-30 years, when the time comes) they might assume she's much older than she actually is and pass her up for an interview. I could be overthinking it though.
    The assumption that she'd be older can work both ways on a résumé - in some cases you're probably right, but in others an "older" name can give the impression of her being more experienced/mature when that would be an advantage.
  • I do feel some are outdated, with the exceptions of Diana, Heidi, Rachel and Pearl.

Although I will confess that before I had children the girl names I loved most was Kaya Cheyenne.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Love Diana, Hillary, Heidi, and Rachel. Pearl is great as a middle name. Amber feels a little 80s to me, and Cheyenne is NMS.
  • Amber is the only name on the list that I associate with a time period (80s). My favorites are Rachel, Pearl, and Heidi

• I think all but Pearl are dated. Pearl is "grandma chic" and ADORABLE. I was told "Sophie" is grandma chic lol (DD's name)

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• alyssa0714alyssa0714 member
    edited March 2016
    Definitely have an older feel, but I think Heidi and Rachel are okay. Not my favorites but not bad.