June 2015 Moms

Baby gear and products - February!

The old thread is long gone.

So, anyone got a recommendation for good cabinet locks?

Good umbrella stroller?

Re: Baby gear and products - February!

• We got these latches from Amazon for pretty much everything.  They're great so far and don't require screws or anything permanent.  We have them on cabinets, the oven, toilets, etc.

I still really need an umbrella stroller, especially because we just switched to the convertible car seat and I need something quick to carry her around in. I hope someone has some good recommendations. 

• We are also looking for a good umbrella stroller... we are going on our first family vacation at the end of March and I think we have our minds set on the gb qbit.  It folds up really small and should make traveling a bit easier since it's so lightweight and compact. It's an easy one hand fold and it folds down on top of itself into a small sqaure.  It appears that it would actually fit in the carry on luggage overhead bins.  We have looked at it a few times at babies r us.  I think we are going to get it next weekend!  And we will be getting it in blue :)
  • Loading the player...
  • We got the $20 Babies R Us umbrella stroller to take on vacation, and it was great. We're moving this week, so I'm also in the market for cabinet and drawer locks.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • I really like the uppa baby g lite umbrella stroller. My mom likes it so much she won't take it out of her car so i hardly ever get to use it! She watches LO a couple days a week. I keep saying I'm going to buy another one since she seems to want it. It's so much easier than lugging my britax b agile stroller every where. 
  • Has anyone found a good umbrella stroller with straps that go over the shoulders?  I had gotten a $20 one at target for DD but the straps just go over her waist and she kept sliding down in it so I stopped using it. Would love a good recommendation for one with shoulder straps!

• Has anyone found a good umbrella stroller with straps that go over the shoulders?  I had gotten a $20 one at target for DD but the straps just go over her waist and she kept sliding down in it so I stopped using it. Would love a good recommendation for one with shoulder straps!

Uppa baby ^^
  • Did people already post about what convertible carseat they are getting, and why? I've read Lucie's List and online reviews for hours and still don't know.

If I do the Toys R Us trade in, are they knowledgeable at the store? Do you try it in your car, or otherwise get to test it?

It's overwhelming me...
  • I just got the safety 1st grow and go 3 in 1. I bought it at 8:30 pm when they were about to close so nobody really could help me, but I knew that was the one I was getting. We tested it in the car yesterday and it fits good, I probably will take it to the police station but the closest car seat techs are 30 mins away so when I have free time I'll try to get over there. I would have asked to test it if t wasn't dark and cold before leaving. 
  • I got the Graco 4ever. DH installed it this weekend and I'm going to go by the fire station tomorrow to make sure it's installed correctly.
  • We're pretty set on the chicco next fit zip. We have the chicco key for now and we really like it. I love that the next fit zip zips all the way around the outside to quickly lift off and throw in the washing machine!
  • fridaysdancefridaysdance member
    edited February 2016
    We ordered the safety 1st guide 65 since I have a subcompact car. My little one screams about seats so we figured out which would fit and took her to the store to test for one she didn't yell about. We're planning a few long trips and want her comfortable.
  • I'm having the same dilemma with car seats.  I plan on taking LO to bru this weekend to try out a few.  We already have the 4-ever all in one (haven't tried it yet), but we need to get 2 more, one for our other vehicle and one for him to use while he is with my sister during the day. All of these reviews are great to see and very helpful. 
  • ohh @virginiaunicorn11 there is also a website called carsets for the littles that has a lot of good reviews on it... 
    https://csftl.org/

• Did people already post about what convertible carseat they are getting, and why? I've read Lucie's List and online reviews for hours and still don't know.

If I do the Toys R Us trade in, are they knowledgeable at the store? Do you try it in your car, or otherwise get to test it?

It's overwhelming me...

We just bought the Evenflo Platinum Safemax at BRU with 25% off a trade in (a friend gave me their old car seat to trade). We still have the infant car seat, my mom will keep it in her car. 

We got the Safemax mainly because it's roll-over tested and it looked cool tbh. It's a 4-in-1, 5 lbs-120 lbs. LO kept getting so sweaty in the infant one and the Safemax has some nicer non-sweat padding, it was worth it for that alone. And our infant seat was not very light in the first place.

LO really seems to like the new car seat, he's psyched his Otto the Octopus teether can go in the cup holder!
  • We recently installed these cabinet locks and so far I'm really happy with them. 

LO is recently mobile, so they haven't been fully baby strength-tested yet... but they were really easy to install and, while it takes a little getting used to the magnet, are pretty easy to use. 
    From Mom's Choice - don't think you can see it in the pic. I liked this set because it came with lots of locks (probably more than I'll use at one time, but it's nice to have replacements if needed) and two keys, so I can keep one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom.  

Drill Free Magnetic Cabinet  Drawer Locks 8 Locks2 Keys - Free Shipping - Comes With Amazon A to Z Guarantee - Uses Super Strength 3M Adhesive For Baby Proofing - 5 Minute quotNo Toolsquot Installation
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• We just got the clek fllo car seats for the twins, it has amazing reviews and is one with extended rear facing. I got the tokidoki space pattern which I think is super cool. I was really sad to put the bucket seats away :(  

Also, can we talk about the ikea high chairs and how amazing they are?? I got some to keep at my parents house and I'm really annoyed I didn't buy them for my own house. They. Are. The. Best. 
  • I just got the Clek Fllo, too. I got the plain black color because it was cheaper, but my boy loves it! And so do I.

I might get the infant insert thingy or something else for his head when he falls asleep, but he loves sitting up high and looking out the windows. We just installed it for a 10+ hour car ride and it was a total game changer. He didn't sleep as much, but he was able to keep himself entertained much more than when he was in his Graco Click Connect. 

• We just got the clek fllo car seats for the twins, it has amazing reviews and is one with extended rear facing. I got the tokidoki space pattern which I think is super cool. I was really sad to put the bucket seats away :(  

Also, can we talk about the ikea high chairs and how amazing they are?? I got some to keep at my parents house and I'm really annoyed I didn't buy them for my own house. They. Are. The. Best. 
    Just curious. What makes them so amazing?
  • @virginiaunicorn11 Yay!!! I was thinking about getting the infant insert thingy too but then I figured out that the headrest does go pretty low- you just have to fiddle with it. Try to see if yours goes any lower before you get one. 
  • @staceyfern well to start they are only $14.00 and they are just so light and so easy to clean, the seat is moulded into a perfect little shape and the height to tray ratio is perfect. The legs come off really easy too. 
  • I have really been struggling with which convertible seat to get. I hear the clek is very heavy and hard to install. What did y'all think? 
  • APagoAPago member
    We bought the clek foonf. It is heavy, but you're not taking this one around with you. And it wasn't hard to install. The foonf is slightly larger than the fllo, I believe the fllo is narrower if you're worried about the size and it fitting in your vehicle. I did lots of reading and by far my favorite option of the clek is the ability to keep my son rear-facing for longer. It also is a really sturdy car seat, and actually looks really nice too. All win-wins in my opinion!
    FTM - EDD June 16 2015
  • I have really been struggling with which convertible seat to get. I hear the clek is very heavy and hard to install. What did y'all think? 
    My Fllo is heavy but we don't plan on moving it often. I am a person who is terrible at installation of anything - I leave holes in my wall when I hang pictures, etc. It took me a while to install the Fllo the first time, but I did it fine on my own and if I have to do it again, it won't take long. I carried and installed it myself when my husband wasn't home. The installation reviews almost put me off of buying it, but I'm glad I did.

I have nothing to compare it to, so no idea if other seats are better, to address your concerns.

Our Fllo is in the middle seat and you can still comfortably fit an adult on both sides of it. The narrowness is what sold me, as we take many long road trips with the whole family (parents, brother, etc.). It is well reviewed and I found the reviews to be very accurate.
  • So we have a different issue, we need a convertible seat that isn't so "deep" that DH doesn't have to pull his seat up to the steering wheel - any suggestions?
  • So we have a different issue, we need a convertible seat that isn't so "deep" that DH doesn't have to pull his seat up to the steering wheel - any suggestions?
    I don't know if this solves your problem but it's the other one I was looking at, and is supposedly "small". Not sure about depth
  • KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited March 2016
    So we have a different issue, we need a convertible seat that isn't so "deep" that DH doesn't have to pull his seat up to the steering wheel - any suggestions?
    Seriously? It ate my comment.

Anyway, my DH is normal tall at 5'11" and we test installed the 4ever at farthest recline and it still fit ok. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For anyone needing a "portable" high chair, we just got the Summer Infant pop and sits for the twins. I hated going over someone's house and having no where to sit the girls to eat. I LOVE them! much more than Ciao! Baby since these have a hard tray as opposed to a floppy tray where all the food goes flying. Attaching the link for those interested  :)

https://www.summerinfant.com/pop/popnsitportablehighchair