August 2015 Moms

Increased pooping

My 7 month old has recently been pooping every diaper which has led to extreme diaper rash. I change him as soon as I notice and slather on diaper rash cream. Has anyone else experienced this? What have you done to cure it?

Re: Increased pooping

• irohspupilirohspupil member
    edited March 2016
    Is it diarrhea or a normal BM?

ETA: if it's diarrhea I think it's a good idea to give LO's pedi a call. You don't want your baby to get dehydrated. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my boy got that too that I attributed to a new food I introduced, but then turned into a GI bug that lasted 10 days! Poor kids butt was just about blistered, I felt horrible. The desitin (or anything with zinc oxide) was the best thing for him. And doing just "binder" foods like bananas and rice cereal. Sorry momma! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Normal bm
  • Bordeaux maximum strength butt paste was a life saver for us when lo got a bad diaper rash from pooping frequently during a formula transition. 

Also airing their bottoms out and making sure the diaper isn't on tight. You may have a few more poosplosions until the rash is cleared up, but it seems like having the diaper on tight around their waist causes chafing and makes the rash worse. 
  • Lo may be teething. My mom said all of her kids got diarrhea right before a tooth came through.  My pediatrician suggested a&d ointment over zinc oxide for really bad rashes. She said it has a better moisture barrier.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • missliz53 said:
    Bordeaux maximum strength butt paste was a life saver for us when lo got a bad diaper rash from pooping frequently during a formula transition. 

Also airing their bottoms out and making sure the diaper isn't on tight. You may have a few more poosplosions until the rash is cleared up, but it seems like having the diaper on tight around their waist causes chafing and makes the rash worse. 
    I just purchased that and it is working wonders! Thanks.

• Yes!!! That stuff is magical, and coconut oil is amazing too, especially for yeast rashes. (Yes, I will push coconut oil for just about everything. Why? Because I use it for just about everything and it really DOES work for just about everything in my experience)
  • My DD was just the same and the two bottom teeth made their grand appearance. Unfortunately her bottom looks like it was burned! It was so bad that she cried her eyes out if she sat for more than 5 mins.  I got a special bum cream made by the pharmacy it has loads of zinc oxide in it and something to help with the pain. Now everytime I see little bumps on her bottom that's the first thing I grab.