Cloth Diapering
Options

Cloth diaper mamas who use wool

for overnights I want to try using prefolds and wool with a hemp booster. Where should I put the hemp? Inside the prefold, or underneath it next to the wool?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cloth diaper mamas who use wool

• Options
    Should I still use a cover?
  • Options
    Try putting the hemp in both places (different nights) to see which location gives you the best results with your child.  Pip is such a light wetter that I never needed to add inserts to his flats and prefolds.

As long as the wool is adequately lano'ed (and thick enough) and the diaper has adequate absorbency no other cover is needed.  However, you can put wool over PUL if desired - I have put longies over a pocket just for warmth this winter.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok I'll try both. I bought babeegreens brand. Hoping its adequate!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I like to lay hemp on the open prefold then fold it up inside with the back of prefold spread out. This way it's all together rather than having the hemp shift around inside wool, which can fit loose and still work so we always sized up. 
    ETA we snappi the prefold so it's all contained :)
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    Both my girls are heavy wetters. For prefolds overnight I have successfully done a PF with a tri folded PF as an insert, a fleece liner to wick wetness away and a hemp doubler btw the wool siaker and the diaper. I much prefer fitteds and wool for overnight though.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.