Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check in 3/25

We are nearing the end of march already!!!

How far along are you? 

Team blue/pink/green?

How are you feeling?

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What is your astrological sign? Do you think the qualities of your sign are accurate for you or do you think all that stuff is a bunch of BS?

Re: Weekly Check in 3/25

• Loading the player...
  • BernieRaeBernieRae member
    edited March 2016

@createillumination will you tell us the results of the elective sex scan?! Sounds like you're pretty sure already, but it's exciting that you'll get confirmation soon!

How far along are you? 13 weeks and some days *see rant

Team blue/pink/green? Pink

How are you feeling? Pretty good

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) We had a belated 12 week appointment with the OB on Wednesday. I have an early 16 week appointment coming up on 4/11.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I know this is not a big deal, but the EDD my OB is going by is based on my LMP instead of when my IUI was and what my measurements were during my early ultrasounds. This is a difference of only between 2-4 days. I know it's not standard to change it unless it's a week off or more. Still...I can get very preoccupied with what's true and accurate. I've been saying that my due date is 9/27 based on my IUI and measurements and now that feels like a lie since the OB is saying 9/29. I want my first tri to end next Tuesday and not next Thursday!  :)  I talked about it briefly with my OB, but decided to just let it go with him, but I may revisit it down the line since it does affect when I would have my C-section scheduled. Writing all of this about a 2 day difference is now making me feel nutty!  

and one more semi-rant... I didn't have (nor want) a wedding shower, but I think baby showers are nice and would have liked to have one. Our family and closest friends all live in the Chicago area. We'll be back there for a week in June and MIL has offered to throw us a shower. Unfortunately the only weekend day that we could do it (we're at a family wedding the following weekend) is Father's Day. We may still be able to do something with a few family member and friends that won't be celebrating fathers day, but I'm disappointed that we won't have an opportunity to get together with more of our friends and family. 

GTKY: What is your astrological sign? Do you think the qualities of your sign are accurate for you or do you think all that stuff is a bunch of BS?

I don't think much about it now, but I loved reading about it when I was in high school. I'm on the cusp of Scorpio/Sagittarius. I used to associate more as a Scorpio because I thought I was moody and mysterious, but I think that was just teenage hormones! I'm much more like a Sagittarius except that while I do enjoy adventure and feel reinvigorated by it,  I can happily go long stretches without it and enjoy being a homebody. 

• How far along are you?   15wk3d

Team blue/pink/green?  Team one blue and one question mark!

How are you feeling?  Like I'm 30 weeks pregnant.  I know my OB thinks I'm a lunatic, but everything feels so different this time around that it's like being pregnant for the very first time!  I never had Braxton Hicks contractions with my other two pregnancies, but I started having them this week.  At 15 weeks!  After I freaked out and made an OB appointment, my OB said it is normal with twins.  What???

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)  When I went to the OB (see above) I had my kids with me because they were on spring break and my husband was in important meetings that he couldn't miss.  They did the Doppler and I thought my kids would be amazed by hearing the heartbeats.  They were completely and totally unimpressed!  Other than that, I'm anxiously waiting for my anatomy scan in exactly 4wk5d.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  None today

GTKY: What is your astrological sign? Do you think the qualities of your sign are accurate for you or do you think all that stuff is a bunch of BS?   Aquarius.  To be honest, I had to look up the qualities of Aquarius because I have generally felt that stuff to be "a bunch of BS."  However, when I read the full description, I was like, "wow, that's totally me."  Ha!  Obstinate, emotional, quick-witted, impulsive and creative.
  • @BernieRae My OB has the same policy of basing the EDD off LMP and it drives me crazy! I have short cycles (25-26 days) and was temping/checking OPKs so I know with 99% certainty our conception date, which is almost like having IUI timing. That date is 3 days earlier than what my OB uses, and my ultrasound measurements put me another 2-3 days earlier than that. I'm such a stickler for details that I decided to ignore their EDD and just use my own, which I'm basing off my chart. I don't care what's written in my medical chart as long as I have it straight in my own head. That way even though my OB says my EDD is 6/10, I won't be at all surprised if baby arrives well before that date.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • How far along are you? 25 weeks and 2 days feeling large and in charge!

Team blue/pink/green? Technically team pink although I have a ton of navy and green for her! I found out when I had a cell-free DNA test at 10 weeks.

How are you feeling? Still doing pretty well! I have days when I have tons of energy and other days when I feel super lazy. Today I am right in the middle... and Baby Amy is SUPER ACTIVE today.

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) Nothing big in the works just waiting for my April appt. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    In raving news, Baby Amy is really active. She does this thing where she pushes her little feet hard against my side and if I push back she kicks me! Hahaha! At least I think I'm feeling her little feet. 

I'm into it mainly for fun. I am a full on Taurus and yes to all of that. Stubborn, erring on lazy, connected to the earth (man), opinionated and simply georgeous! Yes, georgeous. I had my birthchart done when I was a kid and that has been freaky accurate for me.
  • @BernieRae My OB has the same policy of basing the EDD off LMP and it drives me crazy! I have short cycles (25-26 days) and was temping/checking OPKs so I know with 99% certainty our conception date, which is almost like having IUI timing. That date is 3 days earlier than what my OB uses, and my ultrasound measurements put me another 2-3 days earlier than that. I'm such a stickler for details that I decided to ignore their EDD and just use my own, which I'm basing off my chart. I don't care what's written in my medical chart as long as I have it straight in my own head. That way even though my OB says my EDD is 6/10, I won't be at all surprised if baby arrives well before that date.

I had this issue, but I'm a late ovulator, so it was to my benefit.  I was charting, using OPKs obsessively, and felt serious ovulation pains because of the Clomid, so I feel reasonably certain when we conceived and it was on CD17.  In my case, I was fine going with my LMP date because it was several days earlier than my actual date.  If it was later, I would feel exactly the same as you and @BernieRae.  Every day counts in pregnancy!
  • Thanks @redheadbride15 and @ssoccerball. I'm glad I'm not the only one to get caught up in this detail. I'm just going to stick with my 9/27 date and try not to let what all the forms say get to me! 
  • @BernieRae of course I'll share with you guys, you all are my peeps now and I wouldn't have it any other way! 

I'm sorry about the due date debacle that's not nice when you know you're right and people try to tell you otherwise! 

I love everyones responsesto the GYKY!
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks 4 days

Team blue/pink/green? we wont know for a while yet, but will be finding out.

How are you feeling? Ugh I have a head cold, congested stuffy nose, its the worst. Other than that I had some mild nausea this week but nothing too crazy.

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?), only my 4 betas which were all good. My first US isn't until 4/7

Rants/Raves/Questions: The ladies on my BMB are all bummed that there isn't much snark or drama. I'm sitting over here thinking thank god! But I keep my opinion to myself since I don't want to create drama, ha ha. Maybe I'm just old an boring ;)

I'm a Leo. I definitely find some qualities accurate but I could read each sign and find something in them I relate to. I think its mostly bogus and more of a self fulfilling prophesy than anything else.
  • Congratulations @redheadbride15 I feel you on that one I'm terrified of GD. Go eat allllllllll the sweets!!
  • @createillumination -- this Saturday? As in TOMORROW?! Woot woot! Can't wait to hear how it goes and what you're having!

@redheadbride15--congrats on the results! I have no tips on controlling a sweet tooth. Mine was OUT of control with my son. Like eat an entire (big) bag of jelly bellies in one afternoon out of control. And I didn't just do that once, either. 
  • @Sporty1216 Saturday as in tomorrow! You guys will know before lots of family and friends do ;)

@redheadbride15 when I came back from india and had to do a parasite clense which involved NO sugar for 30 days. I would chew on shredded coconut to deal with my cravings. Maybe eat a little something sweet then find something like coconut to occupy you? I'm telling ya it takes a lot of effort to chew any significant amount of shredded coconut! 
  • How far along are you? 22 weeks tomorrow

Team blue/pink/green? Pink <3

How are you feeling? Oh the heartburn!!! It started a few nights ago and now it's days, too. I may have to switch from Tums to Zantac. I'm toughing it out for now.

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) Glucola test on 4/13. Not at all exciting. But baby girl will be viable on 4/9, so that's exciting. My cousin's wife had a baby at 24 weeks in October. I certainly don't want that to happen, but it's crazy to think that in two weeks my baby will be the same size/age hers was when she was born.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Did I mention heartburn? Gahhh! Also, when I sit, my boobs and my stomach squish together. I've always been a B cup, so that is a really weird sensation.

GTKY: Gemini, but I don't believe in that stuff. I do get daily emails of my horoscope for entertainment, though. :)
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I took my glucose test 10 days ago, I'm going with the theory that if they don't call it must be good news, right? Congrats @redheadbride15!

Your baby moon sounds just amazing @mamafesto, I'm very jealous!

Loved seeing everyone's bumps this week!!

How far along: 28+4, team pink!

feeling great! Counting my blessings, last week the sciatica was bad for half the week after the week before being a huge relief post chiropractor. Saw chiropractor Wednesday, and I feel awesome.  My brother came down to visit, my hubs had the day off, so we spent the day walking around Nashville, nice to have the baby out and about, and to have a change in routine for the day. Plus I'm pumped to have my brother here!

baby news: having appointments every 2 weeks, checkup up on Tuesday.

my astrological sign is Sagittarius, going to look up what that means now. I do remember in high school I would love reading the horoscopes in ym and seventeen;) I'm definitely an honest, generous, extrovert...well extroverted sometimes, I definitely need my alone time or I'm a mess. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi Everyone!!

How far along are you?  17w4d

Team blue/pink/green? Team blue x 1 for sure, waiting till Level II on 4/6 to find out the other.  :)

How are you feeling?  Pretty good.  Still not sleeping well, so I'm tired.  See rant below.

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)  18 week appointment, ultrasound, and endocrinology appointment next week.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  My rant is that my HIPS hurt so bad at night.  I end up rolling from side to side every 30-40 minutes because I wake up with them hurting.  I bought a 3 inch cooling gel memory foam mattress topper and it isn't working!!  Any thoughts?  I remember my hips hurting with my first, but not till I was about twice as far along.  

GTKY: What is your astrological sign? Do you think the qualities of your sign are accurate for you or do you think all that stuff is a bunch of BS?   Sagittarius - I have NO idea if the qualities fit me or not, but I like reading my horoscope.  :)  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @emsmama15 if you can tell me more about about your hip pain I might be able to give you some tips or easy prenatal poses to do to help. Do you ever do chiropractic? I know a lot of mama's swear by it but it's not everyone's cup of tea. Feel free to PM me if you want too. I'm sure this pregnancy is a whole new ball game being twins!
  • @createillumination I LOVE coconut. This is a great idea! I like the raw chunks of it. Haven't thought to buy any in a while. It's expensive. Whole Foods gets half my paycheck sometimes, I swear...
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d

• How far along are you? 
    20wks 3 days

Team blue/pink/green?
    team green but finding it hard to stay that way. 

How are you feeling?
    highs and lows. On iron due to anemia. Boobs are hurting, leaking and burning. Oh joy. 
    But also feeling kicks more. 

just had the anatomy scan last week. I go on Monday for my next spot. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

im a cancer (so is hubby)

i do do feel some of it is true. But I don't believe it's set in stone. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @createillumination Congratulations! Welcome to the club. I think boys are awesome :)
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Congrats @createillumination ! Little boys are awesome indeed. My guy has been more wonderful than I ever could have guessed. Hooray!
  • @createillumination I get hip pain at night too. I take two Tylenol and it helps.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Ugh, the bump is causing me issues again! I couldn't post anything the other day. Most days I can't even access the site from my laptop. I can read posts from my iPad but can't post. And I can't download the app on my phone because my android is too old. I miss being a bigger part of things!! But know that even if I'm not posting, I'm reading everything and keeping up-to-date with you all.

I'm 20 weeks, 3 days

TEAM BLUE!!!

I'm feeling okay-ish. Have been feeling a strange barfy feeling which feels different than the MS I had all first trimester. Had a horrible headache the other day and have lost my appetite a bit. I'm also starting to really worry that I'm not feeling the baby kick yet. I just feel like there should be some definite kicks by this stage.

Next OB visit on Friday, April 1st. Can't wait to go and hear the heartbeat and get reassured that everything is okay. I worry so much.

Rave: DH is busy making a big Easter brunch: GF quiches, sweet potato hash, bacon. Yum, yum yum!! I also finished painting my old baby dresser with one of my best friends who was visiting. It was the dresser I used as a baby and then several of my cousins used. It's great to re-use something that has so much history. We painted it green with yellow drawers and it looks SO GOOD! I'd totally post a picture but the Bump only lets me post using the very basic html so I can't even add pics, but maybe on a day when the Bump is behaving? (It's really so annoying).

I grew up learning all about astrology because my mom was super into it. I find it a lot of fun!!! I don't like the basic generic sun sign Horoscopes, though, mainly because millions of people share the same sun sign as you so they aren't really that personal or in-depth. I really like doing the full charts and seeing how all the different signs interact. I've also gotten pretty good at guessing friends' key elements, such as whether or not they have a fire moon, Venus, Mars, etc. It freaks some of my friends out! When I sit down and think about it, I know there's no real logic or science behind it and I do agree that you can read into pretty much anything, yet at the same time when you dig into the deeper aspects of it (such as reading specific configurations that only your chart has), there are some parts that just really ring true (as in: "OMG, who's been spying on me???"). I also find it extremely helpful when learning to navigate different relationships with different people, such as changing my communication style based on some key signs a person may have. I know some people who are WAY more into it and actually won't do certain things on specific days because of some aspects (such as "I can't buy a house on this day because the moon will be conjuct with my mars..."). I think that's a bit over the top . As far as me, I'm Scorpio and have some strong Libra and a lot of key fire planets. So I'm quite a mix of elements :-). My Libra actually shines through the most at first so people are quite surprised to find out I'm a Scorpio (although my DH definitely knows!!!).

ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • @createillumination somehow I missed your announcement last time I was here. Congratulations!

@jilligan14 I get a little nauseous sometimes in a different way now, too. For me it seems to be everything pushing up on my stomach. I'm also finding that I'm very hungry in the morning, and not very hungry for dinner. I think it's my body's way of keeping food from refluxing when I lay down at night.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• just had my 16w appointment and thankfully she found baby's heartbeat right away this time! Galloping along at 145 BPM. Phew! Next appointment is the anatomy scan. I can't believe how fast this seems to be going this time. 
  • How far along are you? 10W1D

Team blue/pink/green? Will find out hopefully soon!

How are you feeling? Other than lacking energy, really pretty good

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) First OB appt/US on Wednesday! So excited & nervous.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Just feeling happy these days. Never really thought I would be in this place & I'm so grateful!

GTKY: What is your astrological sign? Do you think the qualities of your sign are accurate for you or do you think all that stuff is a bunch of BS? Capricorn - A lot of the qualities seem to be fitting, but I'm not 100% a believer.
  • @createillumination, a very belated congrats on your baby boy news! Boys are wonderful (and tend to be very snuggly little mamas boys, which I find very endearing)!
  • How far along are you? 16 wks/2days

Team blue/pink/green? DH and I aren't finding out, we want to be surprised (hoping for being on team pink though)

How are you feeling? Generally good but still get tired and exhausted after doing household work or even as simple things as getting groceries. Doesn't exhaustion go away during the second trimester ? 

My quadruple marker test is on April 11th - another 2 weeks of not knowing whether the baby is ok or not, the wait between ultrasounds is so excruciating 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Also can anyone give me some feedback on whether slight cramping is normal for 16 weeks ? There is no spotting or anything, just lower back pain, also not feeling the baby move or even flutter - should I be worried ( I am a FTM)
    Also I haven't popped much, there is a bump but it's small in comparison to all the pictures I have seen of women who are also 15-16 weeks ( sorry I am going crazy, I have had no nausea or normal symptoms, I just want the baby to be healthy 

i am a libran, and I am not much of a believer in astrological signs, it was a fun thing, my friends and I used to indulge in when in school, long time ago 
  • Hi @krupali78 ! The wait between visits is so hard! 

I told my OB that I feel some "hardening" of my uterus--maybe like the occasional contraction--and she said it was normal so long as it wasn't painful or coming in strong, regular patterns. I don't know if that helps with your cramping question...but maybe?

also, the bump I have now at 16 weeks is more like what I had at 20+ weeks last time. Everything is bigger faster this time around for sure! A girlfriend of mine who had her baby in January didn't show at all really until after 20 weeks. Every body is different. 

The same thing for movement. I think it is common, especially for a first time mom, not to feel movement until 20 weeks or later. I feel the occasional pop and tap, but it is very inconsistent and I think I only recognize it as baby because I've done it before...

anyway. Those are my experiences with those things. Hang in there! It sounds like you are doing great!
  • @krupali78 I agree that the wait between appointments is so hard! Especially in 2nd trimester when you can't feel baby yet. Good luck with your quad screen! In terms of your questions, mild occasional cramping is normal, but you should talk to your OB if it gets worse. It's also not typical to feel movement until 18-20 weeks at the earliest when you're a first time mom, sometimes even later! And I didn't have a bump until at least 20 weeks. I could dig up my old bump photos, but I know that my belly was flat as a wall at 16 weeks. I did a lot of joking "where's my baby hiding?". Every woman carries their pregnancy a little differently. I've been told by many people that I don't "look" as far along as I am, but baby is growing perfectly according to all my scans.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • @krupali78 -- I'm a FTM and here is a picture of my bump when I was 16 weeks. The bumps on my bmb vary greatly. Some showed a lot at 16 weeks and some didn't show at all!

I started feeling pokes at 17 weeks, but my friend (who is very thin) didn't start feeling hers until 20.

TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• This was me at 17 weeks - NO visible bump at all. But baby measured at the 70th percentile during my anatomy scan the following week! 
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Oh my gosh, @krupali78 ! Pregnancy totally turns us all into wrecks at one point or another. I broke down crying today over finding a sitter for my kiddo at the last minute. I normally handle stuff much better, but when pregnant, all bets are off!

Take It easy and try to get some rest and relaxation in when you're able. Easier said than done, I know!
  • @krupali78 I've been nervous a bunch of times during this pregnancy. You're completely normal!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)