April 2016 Moms
Options

Insomnia check in

Re: Insomnia check in

• Options
    Hey I'm not surprisingly still awake too! I think I may have corrupted fiancé's sleep schedule now, because he is still awake too >.>
    It's nice you have company! Sometimes I see/hear my husband sleeping soundly and I'm so bitter after so many hours awake that I lightly poke him! Then I'm like "oh heeeeyyyy you're awake!" 
  • Options
    Hey ladies! I suppose I'll join the party too. It's 2:14 here in middle Georgia. I woke up to pee, and I'm just going to stay up until 2:40 when it's time too cook DH breakfast and get him off to work! I give him props for clocking in at 4:00a.m  five days a week. You couldn't pay me enough.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a job I had to be at at four AM everyday, and couldn't leave until two PM everyday. It was definitely hell. (Be nice to the morning crew at Panera ya'll.)
  • Options
    Slept really well last night ( yipee!) but tonight seems like another late night for me. We'll see. Love the morning pastries at Panera... Yummm.
  • Options
    DH does shipping/receiving at Lowes from 4-1, Mon-Fri... He spends all morning unloading washing machines and stuff! I'd be afraid of blowing my back out. 
  • Options
    I know you guys have probably already read the articles about how interruptive the light from our phones are to our sleep cycle. We're not supposed to look at it within an hour of wanting to go to sleep, let alone read it in the middle of the night when we wish we were sleeping.  Just a reminder.

And for the record, I do it all the time, even though I know it's terrible. :-/
  • Options
    emgee27 said:
    I know you guys have probably already read the articles about how interruptive the light from our phones are to our sleep cycle. We're not supposed to look at it within an hour of wanting to go to sleep, let alone read it in the middle of the night when we wish we were sleeping.  Just a reminder.

And for the record, I do it all the time, even though I know it's terrible. :-/
    I know. I've read that. However I'm awake whether I'm on my phone or just tossing and turning aimlessly...
  • Options
    Damn heartburn is seriously ruining my life.
    tums are not cutting it 
  • Options
    I just can't turn my brain off. This is my first child and am due next week, just feeling so anxious makes it hard to relax and sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time.
  • Options
    Tell me how it's fair that the 9 month pregnant woman that has to be at work to EARN MONEY at 8:30 and is already sleep-deprived has to get up at 1 am and stay up to 3 with a sick child, while husband,  who has to be at school at 11 am, gets to sleep the whole time?!?

I am so done with life.
  • Options
    So I'm supposed to be waking up in less than two hours >.<
  • Options
    Can't sleep. Contractions. They're going to check my cervix again here in a couple. If there's progress, I'm staying and getting antibiotics.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @Knottie9983816 & @fbanke42 Good luck to you both!! I know it must be so exciting! I still have 5 weeks til the due date.. Keep us updated!
  • Options
    Well I did fall asleep for a few minutes. Had a nightmare about having a c section (go figure) and now I can't sleep again. Tomorrow is going to be so long :cry: 
  • Options
    MamaRoniMamaRoni member
    edited March 2016
    The only time in my life I don't have insomnia is when I'm breastfeeding.  That is the best sleep ever.....
  • Options
    Been up since 4am feeling my LO stomp and kick around. We're in this pattern where we have our mother and son "talks" ( I talks, he kicks) I love it.  <3
  • Options
    This birth ball is squeaky. DH is trying to sleep, so I don't think I'm getting the full benefits of it because I don't want it to make a noise and wake him up.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Been up so nice 1 and its 4:30. Tried to fall back to sleep but no luck. Why are my ankles aching so much?! 
  • Options
    A coworker asked me this morning if I had a black eye. No, that would be the dark circles from not sleeping, but thanks. Guess I need to up my concealer game. 
  • Options
    1:15 am is the perfect time to organize my Pinterest boards, I guess.
  • Options
    My SO was out of town the last two nights and I was really looking forward to some quality sleep.  That bit me in the butt.  I had terrible back pain no matter what position I was in.  At least I could complain about it each time and not wake him up!
  • Options
    Insomnia is the worst. I'm up crying now for no reason. It must be from not sleeping.
  • Options
    In that stage where I'm deciding whether to get up and watch horrible TV (my 9 year old can work Netflix, but I've never tried!) or try to sleep. We have to drive 1.5 hours tomorrow - today - to my sister's for Easter and I don't want to be a zombie. 

Also hoping this LO chooses not to come tomorrow/today, even though holiday babies run in my family. 
  • Options
    I now have DD's stomach bug. Waking up to hurl is not something I am a fan of. Andplusalso, I am paranoid that this is somehow going to send me into labor. I need time to rest up from this bug before I can handle that 
    kids with flags
  • Options
    Up as well...ugh. So tired however
  • Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    edited March 2016
    @Missingchampagne Your post is so comforting because so many nights I need to 'tuck in' DH so he doesn't go to bed at 5 or 6am which makes him get up late, then push through the day super tired. He often annoys me by staying up till morning on Fridays/Saturdays when we have appointments the following day :neutral:  I'm a happy camper if I can get him in bed around or before 3am, which is when I usually get up for a bathroom break.

@brenlo42 Hope you keep yourself hydrated! That's how I got admitted last week. Contractions from either the stomachbug itself or dehydration from the bug.
  • Options
    @kimey1 I'm right there with you. DH is usually up till at least my second bathroom break of the night (around 3-3:30) on the weekends. And that's with me pestering every wake up that he needs to go to sleep, we have stuff to do etc. Then getting him up for said "stuff" is a nightmare. He's 34! 

He was in bed tonight at 1:30 and I joked that the clock must be broken if it says 1 on it! 

Luckily in the last 2 weeks he's been a little more considerate bc I'm having a hard time picking up our 2 yr old. But it hasn't happened easily and not every night...

But you are not alone!
  • Options
    It's 3:26 AM here in Georgia.. Laying in bed eating m&ms, and I feel something sticky in my nightgown. So my nipples are officially leaking. Like, real full-size water drops. I'm only 35+4. I didn't know it happens this early. Oh well, I'll put my boob pads to use!
  • Options
    @Ljljljl I have randomly leaked since 24 wks. Rarely both at the same time. 36+4 and I still don't leak all the time or at least not full on drops (I can see the dried up stuff). 
  • Options
    2:20 and can't sleep after so many weird dreams, husband snoring, and a weird painful cramp in my tummy that only lasted for like the longest full minute. DH decided it would be fun to tease my nipples...yeah not fun to be teased with labor pains later. 
  • Options
    No matter what I do I wake up every morning at about 5-6 am with some kind of discomfort. If I'm lucky when dh gets out of bed I sleep a couple more hours and that keeps me going!
  • Options
    N.b- I steal all his pillows ;)
  • Options
    Up since 2:30. Now reading Ina May's birth stories... It's nearly 5. Timing what could be contractions? Not sure, but they're consistent about every 9 minutes. Probably too early to tell.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options