SA results normal April 2016
3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
Uterine polyp removed July 2017
Round 1 IVF January 2018

Re: UO Thursday!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsdaddario - I was born n raised Catholic as well. We didn't get married in the church though. Just curious....Are you planning on baptizing your future LO? We haven't baptized DS cuz we really don't practice and we disagree with a lot of the current Catholic issues (being anti-homosexual, against BC and abortion, and not having taken enough efforts against abusive priests) so we are very torn on baptizing DS or a future child because we feel hypocritical. However, being baptized and all of that makes it easier for DS/future children to be a future Catholic if that's what they want. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hate bananas.  I also hate banana flavoring of any kind.
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • Options
    RatParade said:
    I love peeps and cadbury cream eggs and all those super sugary sweet candies that most people grow out of.  My tastes have not matured with my age.
    I love all of it, too!  High five for tastes not maturing out of the simple sugary stuff!

Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    I can't watch reality shows without getting angry. The only "reality" show I watch is Dancing with the Stars.
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• Options
    Now I really want a Cadbury cream egg, but I guess the Laura Secord egg that I'm eating right now will have to do.

I don't like sushi.
  • Options
    Megzb510 said:
    @mrsdaddario - I was born n raised Catholic as well. We didn't get married in the church though. Just curious....Are you planning on baptizing your future LO? We haven't baptized DS cuz we really don't practice and we disagree with a lot of the current Catholic issues (being anti-homosexual, against BC and abortion, and not having taken enough efforts against abusive priests) so we are very torn on baptizing DS or a future child because we feel hypocritical. However, being baptized and all of that makes it easier for DS/future children to be a future Catholic if that's what they want. 
    This wasnt addressed to me... But I think we are in a similar boat.  

I was raised Catholic (baptized, first communion and confirmed) but I don't practice.  I too was turned off by the close mindedness of the church (at least our specific church...).  I specifically remember the sisters that taught our Ccd classes berating someone because they brought up abortion just to even discuss and debate.  It was not up for discussion and she was explicitly told not to think that way.  Whatever your particular stance, It seriously rubbed me the wrong way to be told how and how not to think and I've never gone back.  That and we got serious side eye from the sisters when we had to miss Sunday services because we were active in sports and school.  

DH was raised Russian orthodox but the main reason he doesn't practice is because he never got around to finding a place when he moved away for college and afterwards.  

We've had the discussion before that if we dont teach our future LO about such things as religion then how else will they learn it??  I am not comfortable going back to the Catholic Church, esp if they are going to teach the LO that their aunt (my sister) is going to hell because she is a lesbian.  I will not have that. 

We'd like to find a place where when we show up they say "welcome, we hope you like it here" instead of what my old church would say, " and just where have you been? You should have been here". We want a place that teaches that God just wants you to be good and to be happy.  We want a place where we can developer relationship and be encouraged to discuss and debate things we may not necessarily agree with. And we'd like our LOs to grow up with the exposure to it, but then be able to make the choice to practice or not. 

Weve been to to a few "contemporary" Methodist services with a close friend.  There were couches and guitars I involved and with both DH and I raised in strict Churches, it was a little weird To us lol. We have takes about finding a place that fits us... But still has a somewhat more formal service lol.  Old habits die hard.  

Also... (After all those words lol) we celebrate Easter but don't practice.  It's more of a time to make a special effort to get together with family, along the lines of thanksgiving. 

• Options
    whiska said:
    RatParade said:
    I love peeps and cadbury cream eggs and all those super sugary sweet candies that most people grow out of.  My tastes have not matured with my age.
    I love all of it, too!  High five for tastes not maturing out of the simple sugary stuff!

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    TheJeriluTheJerilu member
    edited March 2016
    Sparty18 said:
    I'll start off with an Easter-themed UO - I love marshmallows, but I think peeps are gross.

I hate peeps too! Just thinking about them makes me want to puke.
    @Sugargirl1019 @Sparty18

I don't like eating Peeps all by their lonesome, but I will confess that they make really good stovetop s'mores if you have a gas burner (better than regular marshmallows, even).  Campfire s'mores are marshmallows all the way though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Options
    Weve been to to a few "contemporary" Methodist services with a close friend.  There were couches and guitars I involved and with both DH and I raised in strict Churches, it was a little weird To us lol. We have takes about finding a place that fits us... But still has a somewhat more formal service lol.  Old habits die hard.  

@furbabymom2007 That's super weird to me - I was raised Methodist and we were essentially Catho-lite. Very formal, observed Lent and the works.  Biggest difference was open communion, no kneeling, and little to no Latin.  Even visiting other Methodist churches when I was young was a similar atmosphere, and I loathed going to other Protestant denominations due to the "contemporary" vibe that you describe (I'm far more comfortable in mass).

I'm no longer practicing, so I can't speak to the current state of the church, but maybe it's just that particular service?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Options
    Since we are on a dessert-ish theme, my UO is that I don't like nuts or coconut flakes in ANYTHING sweet. It just ruins it for me.

Example: my husband brought home a key lime pie last night since we had a delicious slice on vacation, but once he took it out of the bag, I saw that it had sliced almonds on the whipped cream near the crust. Grossed me out. Why must you ruin a good thing with nuts?!?!? Ughhhh. The texture grosses me out the most, I think.
    YASSSSS down with nuts in desserts!

I love nuts.  They're delicous and... nutty.  But hell hath no fury like I do after biting into a brownie with surprise walnuts.  My only exception is a nut-centric (heh) dessert, like pecan pie.  Even then, I'd usually prefer basically anything else.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Options
    @TheJerilu I think they do have a more formal service...  My friend just goes to that because of the LOs.  We showed up for the blessing (not a baptism? Not sure how that works) a few years back and were dressed in what we would consider church attire (me in a dress and simple heels and DH in a button down a tie) and felt waaaaay over dressed. 
  • Options
    thj101 said:
    How is that POSSIBLE?! I eat at least one banana a day. LOVE bananas. 
    I hate and all banana types things. I can only eat about half of one before I want to puke. My puppy is on board with me and hates them too. I made him treats and he just licked the peanut butter but refused to eat the part with the banana.
    gross pocahontas raccoon no way disgusting
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Options
    thj101 said:
    I hate and all banana types things. I can only eat about half of one before I want to puke. My puppy is on board with me and hates them too. I made him treats and he just licked the peanut butter but refused to eat the part with the banana.
    That is so crazy to me because my puppy loves bananas! Every time we move the blender she comes running because she knows a bananas about to be opened for a smoothie. Too funny that our dogs are just like us!

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    TheJerilu said:
    Since we are on a dessert-ish theme, my UO is that I don't like nuts or coconut flakes in ANYTHING sweet. It just ruins it for me.

Example: my husband brought home a key lime pie last night since we had a delicious slice on vacation, but once he took it out of the bag, I saw that it had sliced almonds on the whipped cream near the crust. Grossed me out. Why must you ruin a good thing with nuts?!?!? Ughhhh. The texture grosses me out the most, I think.
    YASSSSS down with nuts in desserts!

I love nuts.  They're delicous and... nutty.  But hell hath no fury like I do after biting into a brownie with surprise walnuts.  My only exception is a nut-centric (heh) dessert, like pecan pie.  Even then, I'd usually prefer basically anything else.
    I am a freak about it. There could be a hint of one in something, and I have to spit it out. No pecan pie for me! That's the epitome of nutty dessert!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    @pennstatecait Sorry! I just can't with them... The texture, and the flavor is like a rotten sweet flavor to me. ugh.....
    Together since 2007
    Trying for #2!!
  • Options
    I have no UO's today but I'm nodding along with everyone else's!  

@mrsdaddario @Megzb510 @furbabymom2007  I'm an atheist but was raised in the Catholic Church by parents who thankfully weren't strict about it beyond the milestones - for me, through communion. I went to Catholic school through sixth grade but have come to realize that I've been a non believer since I was a child. I'm just not wired for the kind of belief necessary for a religious experience, I think.. Anyway, if all of my grandparents were still alive, I think I would have baptized my kid - but they're not, so I won't. And morally, I find many faults with the Catholic Church, so I'm glad I don't have to wrestle with that decision. 

@thj101 banana is disgusting. Fistbump. 

@gonetothesea  coconut is disgusting too!  I stay away from nuts (some make my mouth itch - oral allergy syndrome) so they totally ruin a dessert experience in my opinion!  
    Me - 30  DH - 36
    Married 10/12/13
    TTC #1 since 10/15
    Chart!
  • Options
    @Megzb510 @furbabymom2007 @QueenSunscreen

I didn't have strict religious parents. The baptism, communion and confirmation were important(ish) to them, but after our confirmation we were free to do/believe/think as we wished. I think it was mostly because my father's parent's were extremely religious and it was important to them that my sister and I did the whole church thing.

As I've gotten/get older I do think about it more and more. Not so much 'do I believe in God', but more so like, am I missing out on a great community and relationships by not going. And I definitely don't mean to Catholic Church because you won't ever find me in another as long as I can help it. (For a lot of the reasons you've mentioned @Megzb510 and also because it's too serious) My best friend married into a religious family, she was raised Catholic, he Christian. But his church is very "hip", they play upbeat music and have fun with it. He even wants to be a youth pastor.  THAT is the kind of church I wonder if I'm missing out on.
    DH on the other hand, he doesn't even KNOW if he "is a religion" LOL. His mother went to Catholic school and hated it so much she vowed never to raise her children in a religious atmosphere. So he's never even stepped foot into a church.  We recently had the "am I missing out on "fun church"" discussion and he couldn't understand it at all. Finally I just told him I think it's more to do with the relationships, and interactions which he understood. Chances are we'll never baptize LO's or even attend another church. Though I would absolutely not be against any decision my children would want to make. And I do agree with @furbabymom2007 , I do want to at least teach them WHAT religion is. 
  • Options
    Together since 2007
    Trying for #2!!
  • Options
     Accidentally quoted something and now the box won't go away....

Getting in on this religious discussion.  I grew up Mormon.  DH is technically Methodist, but doesn't identify with any church.  I go back and forth with practicing my faith (currently not), but we decided when we got married that we would not baptize any of our children when they turned 8 (baptism age in the LDS church) or at any age in any other church.  Once they're old enough to decide for themselves, we will support whatever decision they want to make.  My side of the family has all typically married within the church, so I'm the first "black sheep" so to speak that married a non-member.  DH was concerned about it being a big deal and it really hasn't in the 9 1/2 years we've been together.

Also, for all you banana and nut haters out there...I will take them all and make some banana nut bread.  Yum! :)

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    I LOVE Cadbury eggs!

I guess my sweets-themed UO is that I really don't care for sweets much as a whole (Cadbury eggs excepted).  I thought the chocolates were way better in the UK.  I bought like 30 Twirls while we were there and ate them while sipping good Scotch.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited March 2016
    I'm going to jump in on this somewhat popular opinion about religion. DH and I are both religious but neither of us belong to a church or anything. He grew up in the Catholic church and I grew up in the Baptist church. We have our problems with both and pretty much every other denomination. We've talked about and have decided that while we may or may not (we're still somewhat undecided here) have our children somewhat involved in church activities as a way for them to make friends and such but we definitely want to be the ones to teach them religion. We have have no plans to baptize our children. Not because we think baptism isn't important. Just because we feel that it is a decision the child should make for himself/herself when he/she is old enough. We can share our beliefs and teach what we think is important but in the end everyone has to decide for themselves what to believe and how to live.

I suppose my real, truly unpopular opinion here that is tangentially related is that DH and I plan to homeschool our children. At least while they're young. At some point when they start getting older we'll probably let the children decide if they would like to continue to homeschool or actually go to middle school/high school. And, of course, if at some point it became apparent through yearly standardized testing that the children were getting behind we'd hire tutors or send the children to a school.

**TW: Eating disorder, depression, suicidal ideation mentioned**
    I just really hated school and it made me incredibly depressed. I spent most of my childhood and teenage years incredibly depressed wanting to kill myself. And I felt like I was always on an endless quest to be more thin and more attractive so people would like me. I'm 5'8 and ended up starving myself down to about 90 pounds. Granted at the time I think I may have still been 5'7, but still. I still thought I was fat and was still trying to lose weight. I honestly believe that all the being teased by other children contributed to my eating disorder and my depression. I just really took everything the other children said to heart and thought I was really just fat and ugly and worthless. I had so many days where on my way to school we'd drive past a tall building and I'd think "I could go to class.... or I could go somewhere like that and just jump." DH had a bit of a tough time in middle school/high school also and ended up similarly depressed. We just don't want to subject our children to that if there is an alternative.

Also on an unrelated UO someone mentioned: coconut flakes. They're absolutely disgusting and I refuse to eat anything with coconut flakes. My grandma used to make these amazing bunny cakes for Easter every year when I was little. I absolutely loved them. They were adorable and delicious. The only downside was she'd always cover the bunny cakes in coconut flakes to make it look like bunny fur. So gross. I'd just scrap off all the flakes (and pretty much all the icing trying to get the flakes off) and eat it that way.

Edit: Formatting.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    thj101 said:
    That is so crazy to me because my puppy loves bananas! Every time we move the blender she comes running because she knows a bananas about to be opened for a smoothie. Too funny that our dogs are just like us!
    I think this is the most offended I've ever been by an UO! Bananas are literally a staple of my diet! Though I can get on board with hating banana flavored things. Artificial Banana flavoring is disgusting. Though I think this hatred can mostly be blamed on a bad experience in high school with a bottle of 99 bananas. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    I knew I was forgetting one: I don't care for makeup. I typically don't wear it.

I only wear it for very special occasions. DH says he'd rather I not wear it and I'm lazy. I'd say it's a total of maybe 5 or 6 times a year. I also have little to no makeup because I hate spending money on things I don't use. But I'm also not very good at makeup because of this.
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Options
    @mrsdee15 - chocolate IS better in the UK, especially the Cadbury brand.  Someone told me once that there were different additives in the US version that makes it taste different.
  • Options
    @mrsdee15 - chocolate IS better in the UK, especially the Cadbury brand.  Someone told me once that there were different additives in the US version that makes it taste different.
    That makes sense!  It was the same for lager - I usually am not a fan of it out here, it tastes metallic to me.  But in Europe that style beer was amazing.  A friend said it has to do with what they can and cannot add to it, I wish we had more like that out here!
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
  • Options
    UO: I don't like Oreos. 

Boo on Peeps & Cadbury Eggs. It's all about the Robin's Eggs!  

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    On the religion topic, I'll offer maybe a different view from others. DH and I are both practicing Christians, although Protestant, and I think many of you mentioned Catholic backgrounds. We fall into a more non-denominational category, as there isn't one specific denomination that we agree with 100%. We also enjoy a more laid back service or gathering, but I think some of the more formal or liturgical services can be beautiful in their own ways. Before we moved we attended a more laid back church that also included some liturgical elements to the Sunday services, and we loved it. We're actually looking for a similar church in our current city.  

Also, regarding peeps: grossest things ever! My mom actually used to put them in my Easter basket every year growing up, and I would gently remind her that I really didn't like them, and then the next year she would buy them again! It became a joke after a while. 

I also agree on the no nuts or coconut in dessert opinion. Can't stand them! 

But bananas: love them!
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016