July 2015 Moms

Odd toys!?

n3na94n3na94 member
edited March 2016 in July 2015 Moms
Hi mamas! I decided to make this thread so we can share a little about what odd things your baby likes to play with or keeps him entertain?

I'll go first, While changing my baby boy's diaper I usually give him something to play with but I found that he loves to play with his booger sucker, it's a  green one the hospital gave us when he was born lol and he loves it so much, he cries when I take it away, aww my baby! :blush: 

Re: Odd toys!?

• My daughter loooooves mugs. I let her play with them once I finish my coffee/tea, but she tries grabbing for them before I'm done so I have to be super careful.A
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • My son loves homemade rattles. We put beads/wood beads in water bottles and he thinks it is the funniest thing. He also loves jenga pieces and shoe strings(we have to be careful with those). He would rather play with these toys than the ones we have bought. 
  • Loading the player...
  • samurrutia89samurrutia89 member
    edited March 2016
    My son loves homemade rattles. We put beads/wood beads in water bottles and he thinks it is the funniest thing. He also loves jenga pieces and shoe strings(we have to be careful with those). He would rather play with these toys than the ones we have bought. 
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    Random boxes, water bottles, catalogs, and her playmate. She loves taking her playmate apart. We call the edges "lightning swords". And then on the indise are dinosaurs. 
  • Our daughter likes measuring cups. :) I think it is because she is fascinated with food and when we cook or bake she likes to watch us haha
  • Shoes! She Ioves to play with her shoes. If she sees my shoes (or any shoes) on the floor she crawls as fast as she can to get them. So gross! Don't put shoes in your mouth!! Baby shoes are ok but not ones that actually walked in the ground. 
    And pretty much anything that isn't a toy she wants. Out of the whole pile of toys she will find anything that's NOT a toy. Spoon, cup, lids, dog food... Errrr that only happened once. Oops!
  • Water bottles. Other people's feet. My camera or phone if I'm trying to take a picture. Curtains. The edge of the rug in the living room (??). Spoons. And dogs. 

She likes all of those things more than the toys we've bought her XD 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
  • kyrenora said:
    My daughter loooooves mugs. I let her play with them once I finish my coffee/tea, but she tries grabbing for them before I'm done so I have to be super careful.A
    LO is always going for my steaming cup of coffee. She's actually grabbed it once and spilled it all over my lap. Thankfully it didn't get on her, but OUCH. I don't drink it when I hold her anymore XD. I guess I was stupid for doing it in the first place, but I didn't want to wait until she was done with her morning bottle before I could enjoy my morning mug. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
  • micshi said:
    Water bottles. Other people's feet. My camera or phone if I'm trying to take a picture. Curtains. The edge of the rug in the living room (??). Spoons. And dogs. 

She likes all of those things more than the toys we've bought her XD 
    My son also loves taking pictures. We FaceTime my parents when they are at work and he loves it!! He knows the beeping sound when it's connecting and gets all excited!! Lol
  • LO Loves remotes also! or grabbing the straw outta my yeti. 
    He also loves pulling apart his mat and chewing on the letters
  • My LO loves whatever I'm drinking, she tries to take it away from me.. not fun when it's hot coffee! She also loves remotes. We gave her the dvd one and call it hers now lol Shoes too! This morning she had my flip flop in her mouth - gross! 
  • She likes whatever we are most interested in, so -- a book, our food, the telephone / remote control / laptop, etc. 

She has an immense interest in the vacuum cleaner!

She and the cats will chase a laser pointer dot for hours.
  • My baby loves the vacuum too!
  • Magazines, measuring spoons, clicker, paper pretty much anything that he can get his hands on that is not a toy!!
  • We also just started giving him empty milk or juice containers to play with for a little bit before we toss them. He's a big fan.
  • Door stoppers. I sometimes worry that she will hit herself with one, but she loves the "boing" noise they make.
  • Yes! Door stoppers! I've had to remove all of ours. Because she pulls the cap off then unscrews the spring off the wall. It's like living with a raccoon!
  • I loved reading all of these posts!!!

my LO loves curtains, our cell phones, remotes, the screws on the sides of his high chair, burp cloths, plants and the doggies 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Yes! Door stoppers! I've had to remove all of ours. Because she pulls the cap off then unscrews the spring off the wall. It's like living with a raccoon!
    @corndogrobot and @wheresilenceismusic

My baby boy loves the door stoppers, he also unscrews the caps so I have taken them off but he loves the sound of them. I take move him away from them and in less than 5 seconds he army crawls back to them lol they're too smart!! :blush: