April 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 3/23

Re: WTF Wednesday 3/23

• Options
    I have to wonder wtf about what some of my guy friends and family are "liking" on social media these days. Um I don't want to see these half naked girls...um also don't you have a girlfriend/wife and a child? I'm just going to friend ppl to post baby animals :)

wtf DMV my license expires today and I renewed last month. You took my money but I haven't received anything! It better get here this week!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wtf these nose bleeds are out of control. i'm over it!
  • Options
    WTF boss. Stop giving me more new things to do. He freaks out when I get close to my due date and wants me to squeeze a ton of stuff in, which just stresses me out and makes me physically feel worse because I'm over exerting myself trying to get everything done. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    WTF full moon....couldn't you wait until next week, on spring break, to appear? My students are WAY off!  Also, WTF...30-40 degree temps in the mornings this week...get the hell out of here....it's spring, damnit.  
    WTF DD & DS.  Why would you make a pact to give up dessert for 2 months, and DH for saying we are enforcing it....while I was not home.  Pregnant mama gets a vote, two actually.  and we vote NOPE. I have failed the past two nights, and thoroughly enjoyed my raspberry sherbet.  
    WTF dogs who keep breaking out of the fence and literally knocking on the storm door throughout the night.  Just go play in the moonlight.  Quit waking me up. I do enough of that on my own.

imageimage
  • Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited March 2016
    @briterfly84 Dat full moon, tho, OMG! I swear that had something to do with the epic failure of a night last night with DD...! I mean, 2 year sleep regression is one thing, but WTaF was up with her insanity last night? When I left DH to take care of it (the man stated "is there really anything wrong with sitting in there until she goes to sleep every once in a while?") and locked myself in the bathroom, I came out with this knowing look on my face and told him simply "...full moon". 

And to answer his questions..yes. Yes there is. That is probably why you ended up sleeping in her room with her...again...after the miserable failed attempt to get her to sleep when she was awake from 1-2:30am. And yes, the other reason there is something wrong with it is starting next week I'm home alone with her all day. So you aren't just creating a problem for yourself at night (because we all know that if you MAKE the problem at night, you are HANDLING it throughout the night...) but you're creating a problem for me during the day. A problem that is going to difficult to handle in epic proportions when there is a newborn in the house...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    WTF HR??  How hard is it to get me a freaking temp?  I get the first girl was a no go, but now the boss wants to meet the candidates before he picks one.  It's not going to happen with the snow storm and holiday this week, and he is out of the office next week and early the following not returning until the 7th.  Which means 9 days before my official due date.  I need more than a few days to train and my coworkers are about to have a heart attack.
  • Options
    Wtf, why is it that my SO feels the need to squeeze my tata all the time. It friggin hurts. On that note though, I think my family is ready to pull there hair out with all my complaining.  Just tough it out people! 
  • Options
    Wtf mom... You can't just bring up this friend you have who took anti depressants during her pregnancy and point out all the issues her baby is having now and expect me to not have an opinion. When taking SSRI's there is only a 3% chance of the baby developing birth defects from the mother's continual usage of them during pregnancy. Sorry she fell into that incredibly tiny margin, but when I tell you how badly I wish I was on medication during this entire pregnancy, your one friend's experience doesn't need to come into play. The Dr I'm going to, that you love so much, (and I hate) wouldn't let me take them anyway. Apparently "depression is a disease of perception" and I should just "change my attitude for the sake of the baby's health." Or some other bollocks he gave me when I first starting seeing him, and was suicidal.

No I don't want to hear how proud of me you are for getting through this pregnancy without meds, because I did need them and didn't have access to them. It wasn't a puritanical choice for me to just tough it out for the sake of the baby like you are making it out to be. I've struggled for nine months at this point with serious bouts of depression, and at certain points I was very suicidal. How are you praising me getting through that like I should get a freaking medal or something??? And then having the audacity to tell me that I've "kicked my indulgent habit" because I'm becoming a mother, and that involves putting a child before yourself.

Yes mom. I know that is a huge part of parenthood. Which has caused me a lot of anxiety because there were a lot of times where if I wasn't pregnant and I was feeling like that I would have just done it. I don't feel as bonded with the baby because of the resentment built up from those experiences, and you asking if "I'm going to be able to deal with taking care of the baby" is a super fucked up thing to ask me out of the blue, the day before I get induced.

Like are you just trying to stress the baby out of me today???
  • Options
    WTF annoying male coworker... you've never been pregnant, you've never had kids.... your suggestions/opinions/thoughts don't matter! I don't want to hear about how uncomfortable I must be in the car, or how much sleep I must be missing out on... I'm going through it! I KNOW!!! And I certainly don't want to hear about how it's only going to get harder when she's on the outside... Shut your face, leave my sight, and let me work! BAHHH!!!
  • Options
    AEG84AEG84 member
    WTF, DH. If you are sitting less than 10 feet away from the puppy, you should notice if she is chewing on things that she shouldn't be. While I was in the bathtub last night, she found one of my two bras that currently fit, and chewed the damn thing up (which means she had it for 5-10 minutes). DH was on his phone in bed, paying no attention. Then had the nerve to compare her chewing on his socks (none of which have been ruined, and many of which he leaves laying all around our bedroom) to her chewing up my bra. No. Now I'm wearing a black bra under a pink shirt at work because that was my only option. Real professional looking up in here. :o
  • Options
    WTF MIL. I'm so sorry MY c-section is affecting you so deeply, but drop it! You're making me feel like it's my fault the baby is in the wrong position. 

• Options
    Jules08Jules08 member
    edited March 2016
    [...] The Dr I'm going to, that you love so much, (and I hate) wouldn't let me take them anyway. Apparently "depression is a disease of perception" and I should just "change my attitude for the sake of the baby's health." Or some other bollocks he gave me when I first starting seeing him, and was suicidal. [...]

I may have missed the back story, but why have you not switched providers?!

I have a friend who went off her meds last fall to start trying to have a family, and she ended up committing suicide in January.  For how much you've said that you've struggled, I agree with @fbanke42 in that you should look for a new provider for your PP care as there a HUGE hormone changes that will occur.

• Options
    Jules08 said:
    [...] The Dr I'm going to, that you love so much, (and I hate) wouldn't let me take them anyway. Apparently "depression is a disease of perception" and I should just "change my attitude for the sake of the baby's health." Or some other bollocks he gave me when I first starting seeing him, and was suicidal. [...]

I have a friend who wet off her meds last fall to start trying to have a family, and she ended up committing suicide in January.  For how much you've said that you've struggled, I agree with @fbanke42 in that you should look for a new provider for your PP care as there a HUGE hormone changes that will occur.

Medicaid options here are really slim. I was being seen by the midwives here but they dropped me when they discovered I have depression before getting pregnant. They labeled me as high risk and wouldn't accept me because of it. (I still don't get that one) I did find a birthing center I would have rather gone through but my fiancé convinced me it would be better to stick with the Dr we had been seeing because switching Dr's on Medicaid is a serious pita... This was also around December so I agreed we should just ride it out.

I should probably look into being seen by my primary postpartum and finding a therapist as a stand by option. Nothing like throwing a bunch of crap on my plate at the very last minute >.<
  • Options
    Jules08 said:

I have a friend who wet off her meds last fall to start trying to have a family, and she ended up committing suicide in January.  For how much you've said that you've struggled, I agree with @fbanke42 in that you should look for a new provider for your PP care as there a HUGE hormone changes that will occur.

Medicaid options here are really slim. I was being seen by the midwives here but they dropped me when they discovered I have depression before getting pregnant. They labeled me as high risk and wouldn't accept me because of it. (I still don't get that one) I did find a birthing center I would have rather gone through but my fiancé convinced me it would be better to stick with the Dr we had been seeing because switching Dr's on Medicaid is a serious pita... This was also around December so I agreed we should just ride it out.

I should probably look into being seen by my primary postpartum and finding a therapist as a stand by option. Nothing like throwing a bunch of crap on my plate at the very last minute >.<
    At least with PP care it's not something you'll really have to worry about until 4-6 weeks after LO is born. That gives you some time to relax and get in some baby snuggles before searching for an OB or a therapist. You may also find some relief from depression issues while breastfeeding because of the hormones being released to produce milk. I would definitely recommend getting someone lined up before you start birth control though. I got nexplanon 6 weeks PP with DS and the hormones from the implant actually ended up making my depression a million times worse. I'm hoping the IUD won't have the same effect on me PP. I know that once I got off of the implant and  my body had time to settle, my mental health improved. Before DS, getting on BC actually helped with my depression issues. 

Bodies are weird and can't make up their minds.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Jules08 said:

Yes, thank you for reminding me.  I do remember this now!

How frustrating, but great job getting to this point so far.  I cannot imagine how difficult not having meds to help control must be.

I would start looking at setting up appointments now with your PCP and or therapist for right after birth to help you evaluate where you are.  If you decide going back on meds is the right decision for you, then they can help you regulate and adjust to get you back to the right place as quickly as you need.  I'd rather have an appointment that I can cancel rather than add that to the list of things to do that could potentially get pushed, KWIM? 

• Options
    Wtf to my boss who asked me again if Im dialated. Because I work midnights, I never see her except once in a while in passing. I certainly dont have a close friendly relationship with her, why does she thimk its appropriate to ask me such a personal question? Speaking of, why do people in general think its appropriate to ask pregnant women anything about the state of their vagina/cervix?? Rude!

also wtAf to the random woman who was subbing at my D's school. She was making small talk with him asking how I am doing etc, then asked and I quote "how much weight has she gained?" W......t.....f??? Neither of us know this woman, why would she ask that? He of course did not tell her, because he's a smart man, lol.
  • Options
    WTF Panera Bread? I am always so disappointed with the sandwiches there because from the descriptions I assume that any sane person would serve that kind of sandwich warm and then I end up with a cold ass sandwich. :( They should have warnings on their menu.
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 depression and anxiety were once explained to me as diseases of perception and it actually helped me grasp them as concepts. People who are clinically depressed have a tendency to live in the past while very anxious people tend to live in the future - both issues with perception of the here and now. However, they are NOT things that you can just go for a walk and get rid of (as my mom likes to say). Any doctor who believes that you can suck it up is a quack, IMO. I don't know how you deal with being pregnant, hormonal, unmedicated, AND your family, because I am relatively stable and still want to stab the eyes out of the well-meaning yet insensitive family members who are convinced I have problems that I don't. Hats off to you, girl. 
  • Options
    WTF insurance company. I told you to stop connecting me to the machine and still you made me a broken record repeating things 4 times and I never got to the right agent. I seriously detest american insurance companies. It's always a game to get any kind of question answered. You either don't have insurance and get screwed, or pay and still get screwed. I need answers why I need to pay $3500 OOP. Why have none of my hospital bills been taken out of the deductible?!
  • Options
    WTF Panera Bread? I am always so disappointed with the sandwiches there because from the descriptions I assume that any sane person would serve that kind of sandwich warm and then I end up with a cold ass sandwich. :( They should have warnings on their menu.
    The paninis are hot. You can request any sandwich be made hot though, for future reference;)
  • Options
    kimey1 said:
    WTF insurance company. I told you to stop connecting me to the machine and still you made me a broken record repeating things 4 times and I never got to the right agent. I seriously detest american insurance companies. It's always a game to get any kind of question answered. You either don't have insurance and get screwed, or pay and still get screwed. I need answers why I need to pay $3500 OOP. Why have none of my hospital bills been taken out of the deductible?!
    One of the ways insurance companies like to screw people over is by having things not applicable to your deductible. A lot of the time (in my experience) anything under "preventative care" won't be applied to your deductible. Do you have a copy of you explanation of benefits? Can you get a copy online? Sometimes it will explain what does and doesn't count towards your deductible. It was for that reason I ended up temporarily switching insurance companies and providers. They may also reset your deductible on the 1st of the year, so many of your old bills may not count for this year.

Anniversary

• Options
    @TKaiser91 Why does it always seem like there's one doctor who knows what they are doing and another who doesn't--and you have to see and get opinions from both? That's seriously dumb. Glad things got figured out though. I would have been pissed to find out that information after the fact when you were already being induced.

Anniversary

• Options
    @fbanke42  very true! At least I didn't go in at 5 in the morning on Friday and then find out induction isn't needed and I can go home. That would have made me very cranky 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    TKaiser91 said:
    @fbanke42  very true! At least I didn't go in at 5 in the morning on Friday and then find out induction isn't needed and I can go home. That would have made me very cranky 
    That would be murder worthy. 

Anniversary

• Options
    Wtf dh having a meltdown every night coming home At 10pm, and wtf mother complaining too all the time. hello!! I'm so big I can't breathe properly anymore and have to hold the back of the toilet seat with my arms to be able to pee and poop!
  • Options
    Wtf to the car of teenagers who parked in the new/expecting mothers space at the grocery store. I typically don't use it but just needed to run in quick for a few things and it was snowing out and ended up having to park at the back of the lot! I gave them the look as I waddled by! 
  • Options
    The paninis are hot. You can request any sandwich be made hot though, for future reference;)
    oooh, but what I hate about their sandwiches is the menu makes them look all fresh and delicious but they are PRE-MADE. 

Not cool, yo.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    oooh, but what I hate about their sandwiches is the menu makes them look all fresh and delicious but they are PRE-MADE. 

Not cool, yo.
    None of their sandwiches are premade. Unless you count them making them that morning as premade? Also, if you want a freshly constructed panini custom order one (like no onions) because then they have to make one from scratch.

Now the soups arrive frozen and are thawed in the back in case that freaks you out...
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

Not cool, yo.
    None of their sandwiches are premade. Unless you count them making them that morning as premade? Also, if you want a freshly constructed panini custom order one (like no onions) because then they have to make one from scratch.

Now the soups arrive frozen and are thawed in the back in case that freaks you out...
    Really? I once ordered a panini with no tomato on it and they told me they couldn't do that because they all came pre-made.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    sarahufl said:

Not cool, yo.

Really? I once ordered a panini with no tomato on it and they told me they couldn't do that because they all came pre-made.
    Wow! They must have been really lazy or a weird franchise ... My husband worked there for years at two different franchises and they always make them fresh especially if someone wanted a special order. They are required to make it exactly how you want it. "Give the man the pickle"!
  • Options
    @fbanke42 Yeah. So far the plan I chose this year has been great but it's really hard to say since it takes 2-4 months for the insurance company to send me the bill so I may end up with a huge bill once baby arrives. I just want to get an estimate of how much of the hospital room expense will be covered. Why can't they just connect me? Pfft.
  • Options
    korpatch said:
    sarahufl said:
    sarahufl said:

Not cool, yo.

Wow! They must have been really lazy or a weird franchise ... My husband worked there for years at two different franchises and they always make them fresh especially if someone wanted a special order. They are required to make it exactly how you want it. "Give the man the pickle"!
    The franchise I used to work for used to be that way, but corporate cracked down on them for it and now they HAVE to make you a new one. Honestly if you get the least little bit snippy with the cashier they should just do it anyway because no one wants to deal with a call to corporate or a bad survey score. (All bonuses are tied to survey scores)
  • Options
    korpatch said:
    sarahufl said:
    sarahufl said:

Not cool, yo.

The franchise I used to work for used to be that way, but corporate cracked down on them for it and now they HAVE to make you a new one. Honestly if you get the least little bit snippy with the cashier they should just do it anyway because no one wants to deal with a call to corporate or a bad survey score. (All bonuses are tied to survey scores)
    I literally have not ordered a sandwich from ANY Panera since then because that just bothered me so much.
  • Options
    korpatch said:
    sarahufl said:
    sarahufl said:

Not cool, yo.

Oh geez, the customer service pickle video!  I've never heard it referenced outside of my old job.  We had a pickle Christmas ornament that was awarded weekly for exceptional service.  That pickle was the source of endless mockery!