August 2015 Moms

Parenting Fails

Who else has failing moments with LO? 

Today I picked up LO after her early morning nap and realized she had a dirty diaper.  I then realized it wasn't my morning breath I was smelling when I was putting her to sleep. Did I really put her to sleep in a poopy diaper? Oh well. Diaper cream will make it all better. 

Pretty sure her falling off the bed last week was a pretty big fail too. :neutral: 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
DD: Aug. 15
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Parenting Fails

• This happened before Christmas, but H sat on L.

We had a couple of friends over, and H set L down in his recliner, while he did something. When he came back, he just sat down without thinking. As I am watching, I start to yell and H gets up pretty quick. But, L was still sat on by his father in front of witnesses.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Husband let him roll off the couch even though I told him a million times he can't leave him there alone !
  • Loading the player...
  • ^ Ouch to both!

Oh, and I spilled a whole bottle on L Bug one early morning around 4am because I didn't put the cap on all the way. 

• @Kate08Young OMG Sitting on the baby! That's too funny. 

Last night I got home and my husband was sort of freaking out because LO had gotten a nosebleed.  (Apparently this is common?  But we've never had one before, so...).  Instead of calmly googling "my baby has a nosebleed, what do you I do?", he just got a bunch of tissues and let the baby drip all over the place.  Sigh.  
  • Ugh this morning I was running late for work and rushing, i set LO down on the couch and by the time i turned around he rolled off on the floor.  :( I felt terrible but he was fine, more scared than anything.
  • I'm with you guys on L rolling off the couch. But honestly, I think if anybody says that hasn't  happened to them, they are either lying, or ridiculously hawk eyed and on a high horse (that I hope they roll off of).
  • DD had what I thought were two spider bites on her torso one morning, didn't think much of it.  Several hours later DH dropped her of a daycare with full blown hives on her torso and legs and neglected to tell daycare.  Later he told me that he had tried to tell me earlier in the day but all I recall hearing was "the spots are still there" and not "they are growing and worse."  Daycare called 20 minutes after drop off and said "You need to pick up your daughter NOW."  Turned out to be a drug rash from antibiotics for ear infection but Urgent care had us assuming it was chicken pox overnight until we could get her into her doctor.
    Haven't had DD fall off an elevated surface but my stepson fell off the bed at 5 months with DH and DH mentions it every time I attempt to sit her on the couch or bed unattended for a minute.  Otherwise it would probably have happened by now.  She was having a rough time getting to sleep one night and finally fell asleep on the center of our queen bed.  I was content leaving her there until I was ready for bed later but DH wouldn't allow it.
    Married 9/23/11
    BFP #1   9/7/14 MC confirmed 9/17/14
    BFP #2  11/20/14   EDD 8/4/15
    Baby girl born 7/22/15
    BFP #3 5/6/17  EDD 1/19/18
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/54d2f7

• Thanks for the laughs- You all are making me feel better! Baby has rolled off surfaces twice- which is a huge mom fail because I should have learned from the first time. First the couch,  then he woke up from a nap and rolled off our bed a week later. My heart sank because I heard him fall from downstairs and he didn't scream right away. He ended up being fine, just surprised himself (I swear I ran upstairs in world record time!)  I also rammed his head into his bedroom doorway a few days ago. They just grow so fast, I used to be able to hold him sideways and clear the doorway with all kinds of room. Anyway, he was bawling and of course I felt terrible. It's not really funny until you read other people's experiences and realize it happens to everyone. My husband always tells me "it's fine for now, but remember this when he fails 4th grade math!"  I can't stop laughing that people have sat on baby! You guys are cracking me up
  • So the parent of the year award goes to me. I earned it tonight. I knocked a sign off a wall and it hit LO on the way down. LO is going to have a nice black eye tomorrow. :-(
  • I accidentally bumped DD's head on the corner of her crib as I sat in the glider to feed her & there was a bit of a thump sound. She cried for just a few minutes but I felt horrible. In my defense the room was pitch black dark.
  • Middle of the night rocking baby back to sleep in the glider chair and I fell asleep. Baby rolled right out of my arms into the floor. Baby cried for a few minutes then back to sleep, but I cried for like 2 hours! Ah, it was awful. 
  • Ugh... and these sort of things will continue as the kiddos get older. I bonked my 3 year old in the head with the car door. I felt so bad and just kept telling him I was sorry.
  • Going to the grocery store recently, I thought LO could sit up well on his own (he can at home).  I put him in the cart and he immediately tilts forward really fast and bangs his head on the handle bar and starts screaming in the store.  Ugh -_-.  He calmed down after a few minutes but heads definitely turned to see what was going on. 
  • Pretty sure all these fails about baby falling off the couch could be solved by not letting baby lay on the couch unattended at all...

This is crazy to me.  Babies roll, couches are high...am I missing something and everyone lets their baby just lie on a couch? What happened to playing with baby on the floor????
  • @Livvyloo87 accidents happen. 

• Yea, and then there's negligence.  
  • Sure, make a joke about it if it makes you feel better about it
  • There is nothing to feel bad about. We can't all be the 'perfect' hawkeyed mother that you are, but we have absolutely nothing feel bad for.

• First time I put bubs in his bumbo booster seat I didn't take note of the gap left between the back of the booster and the chair back because there is a space to hold the tray when not in use.  Well he was bopping around looking for daddy who just kissed him and walked out of the room and he drilled his head on the back of the chair. Not 10 minutes later he decided to explore the sides of the seat and the chair straps and he drilled his head on the corner of the table that he was apparently too close to. Double whammy.
  • irohspupilirohspupil member
    edited March 2016
    @stow2009 oh goodness!  :D I can't tell you how many times I've done this to DH. I'm just waiting for it to happen to LO :#

• Last night I earned both mother and athlete of the year award.  Baby playing on the floor, I found the dogs ball and tossed it away from the baby for him to fetch,  except my crap aim caused it to hit the open laptop screen, bounce off and bounce back toward baby & me. Dog sprung into action,  leapt in the air,  knocked sitting baby over with his back paw and scratched his face. Thankfully,  he must have barely clipped him and the scratch is only about 3/4 of an inch long on the cheek.  Missed the eye and anything vital....
  • Bickey11 said:
    Last night I earned both mother and athlete of the year award.  Baby playing on the floor, I found the dogs ball and tossed it away from the baby for him to fetch,  except my crap aim caused it to hit the open laptop screen, bounce off and bounce back toward baby & me. Dog sprung into action,  leapt in the air,  knocked sitting baby over with his back paw and scratched his face. Thankfully,  he must have barely clipped him and the scratch is only about 3/4 of an inch long on the cheek.  Missed the eye and anything vital....
    This is bound to happen at our house.  We have two toy-happy boston terriers.   Glad the dog / baby collision didn't result in anything more than a scratch!
  • Bickey11 said:
    Last night I earned both mother and athlete of the year award.  Baby playing on the floor, I found the dogs ball and tossed it away from the baby for him to fetch,  except my crap aim caused it to hit the open laptop screen, bounce off and bounce back toward baby & me. Dog sprung into action,  leapt in the air,  knocked sitting baby over with his back paw and scratched his face. Thankfully,  he must have barely clipped him and the scratch is only about 3/4 of an inch long on the cheek.  Missed the eye and anything vital....
    I cannot tell you how many times this has happened at our house. Or the dogs are on the bed, and I tell them to get down. They follow directions, but step on/close to L so he freaks out.

• onaedonaed member
    lololol that one actually had me cracking up @stow2009