Pregnant after a Loss

Weekly PGAL check-in 3/21

Thought I would get us started for the week.  Another week down ladies!  

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD? 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: 

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring?

Re: Weekly PGAL check-in 3/21

• 2. How far along are you? EDD? 
    7+6

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    I can not wait till Easter.  My family isn't religious at all but Easter is one of our favorite holidays.  Really what's not to like?  Candy, deviled eggs,  basically a treasure hunt and in my family wifle ball.  Holidays can be so hard after loss but I've got two of the greatness nephews who bring nothing but happiness to me.  I also think being pregnant for this holiday is making me more excited for it.  Thanksgiving and Christmas were rough. 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: 
    First Ultrasound on Wednesday.  Very excited but also very scared for any bad news.

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring?
    Flowers blooming after the white/grey/brown of winter.  Nice to have color again!

• 2. How far along are you? 8w4d EDD? October 27 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: Had our first ultrasound today! One baby measuring right on track with a strong heartbeat! Such a relief!

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Hearing baby's heartbeat! The u/s tech measured it today but we didn't get to hear it.

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? Everything coming back to life! I love going out to my garden to see what it growing.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @waterfall213   Yay!  Good news!

@EmmieAnn22   Let us know about your ultrasound.  I'm nervous for mine too.
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
    BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

• 2. How far along are you? EDD?   6+5, November 9th-ish

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: First trimester exhaustion is kicking my butt.  I've been going to bed at 7:30 every night, and I closed my door and took a nap during my planning today.  Not sure my principal would be too happy with me if he knew that.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Ultrasound on Monday!  I'm so so so so nervous.  I can't stop thinking that it's not going to go well.

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? Leaves coming back on the trees so I don't see my neighbors anymore.
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
    BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

• 2. How far along are you? EDD?   11w3d, EDD October 7 but will likely c-section sooner

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: My mother makes me ragey.  Someone please explain to her that it's MY pregnancy.  Please?  ;)

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to:  Friday is a big OB/scan day.  We're really close to MMC milestone day so I'm terribly nervous even though I know the liklihood of getting bad news at this scan like last time is practically nil.

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring?  Hiking Season!!!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD? 26+3, June 24

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: rants; crazy hormones kicked in this week. Like the crying for no reason ones. I feel like I could just cry all the time! Lol 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: glucose test Friday, looking forward to being done with that. Then a week from this Wednesday is my last day at work. I'm going on maternity leave early. I'm ready!!  I have a 3&4 year old I'm looking forward to spending time just the three of us (or 4 including DH) before baby gets here. 

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? There is a magnolia tree in my neighbors yard that is just huge and gorgeous. I've been watching the pink buds get bigger and bigger every day. Can't wait till they open. That and just everything blooming in general. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): I am new to the check in but not new to this board :) 3 mmc before this rainbow baby :blush:  this is the farthest I have ever been able to carry so everyday is a new day.

2. How far along are you? EDD? I am 13 weeks today measuring about 4 days ahead of that with a EDD of sept 26

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: I think someone should invent a thingy that I could hook up to my belly 27 and just look at my babe. I think it would ease my anxiety. I have a home Doppler and I find the HB just find but I am such a crazy person lately I find myself going "maybe that is just the placenta and there is no HB"... I hate that I can't control my though process and not go there....  

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: We have an appointment tomorrow and we will be to see our baby love and today I called and booked my early gender look at 15 weeks 1 day for 2 weeks from now and I am so excited for that as well. I am so ready to be about to call our baby by its name.

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? I can wear my nike running shorts outside and be comfy. I hate wearing real clothes all winter long.
  • @rkrichey I was crazy crying during week 18 but it went away. Hopefully it's temporary for you too!

@cammlyn I found some nice maternity running shorts on fortwofitness.com
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• 1: Intro: I'm Lauren, formally user boots&co, a recent grad from the ttcal boards 

2: I'm currently 4+4

3: rants/raves/randoms: I told my mom I'm pg already (because I was trusting her), and now she's already told my whole family "for your safety". It's made me very uncomfortable as I've had two losses and I find them to be very private. I've been robbed of that big moment I wanted if it works out. 

4: next milestone: my first u/s apt in two weeks. FX for a heartbeat. 

5: I'm excited to start getting outside again and taking my dog for a walk. Spring is one step closer to my favorite season, summer. 
  • zrainzrain member
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): Hi! II'm so happy to be here. DH and I are both 29 and both nurses. We've been TTC#1 since August 2015. I had a MMC in February and got pregnant again my first cycle after our loss.

2. How far along are you? EDD? 4w5d, EDD 11/23

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: I'm feeling so incredibly calm and happy. Leading up to my BFP I was feeling crazy and filled with anxiety. I was scared I'd be too nervous to enjoy being pregnant again. Amazingly, I'm not nervous at all. I'm in this zen state where I feel happy and excited, and still aware that something might go wrong, but I know I'm doing everything right so there's no need to worry. Whatever is going to happen will happen and I'm going to enjoy each day that I'm pregnant.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: I see my midwife in a week and two days (next Wednesday), so it'll be nice to have it feel more real. I'm going to wait a couple weeks at least for the ultrasound. I found out I was going to miscarry at 7w2d last time so that's the milestone I'm looking forward to getting past

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? I love spring!!!! I love all the flowers that are blooming, bulbs and trees. I love sunshine. I miss the sunshine...
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• Thanks for starting this @EmmieAnn22 I had a bad day at work and had a migraine so I couldn't get on here. 

How far along are you? EDD? 8w1d EDD 10/31

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: I started brown spotting Friday and it's been hanging around since. With my loss, this happened at 6 weeks but turned to bright red rather quickly so I'm actually staying pretty calm. Baby was measuring small last week so I have another US Wednesday, so I think that's why I'm not going nuts. Working over the weekend was a nice distraction. 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: US on Wednesday, and then probably double digits. 

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? I like to run outside. I'm going to check out @CarrieandRoy 's recommendations! 
  • @LaurenDarling I'm so sorry your mom told everyone. I can't believe how many people on these forums go through that. It should go without saying that the pregnant person gets to share their own good news.

@Wishilivedinflorida fingers crossed for your appt tomorrow!

How far along are you? EDD? 21w3d, July 30

Rants/Raves/Randoms: I need to start making baby prep progress, so I might call the insurance company to ask about breast pumps today. And I'm taking a pediatric CPR/First Aid class on Saturday.

Next milestone you are looking forward to: Viability

GTKY: Ironically, Florida is having a cold snap right now. When I think of spring, I actually think of growing up in Ohio. We had tons of daffodils in front of the house that bloomed in the spring. I used to bring bouquets to my teachers.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Ok, first check in, or post of any kind. Been lurking for about 11 weeks!  
    I had miscarriages in Dec '04, Oct '13, and Feb '15 at 10-12 weeks, where the baby had stopped growing at six weeks. I also have a very healthy son born April 2008 - zero complications with that pregnancy.  So he's almost eight and may hopefully finally end up with a sibling.

Due Sept 14, currently 14w6d

R/R/R: the reflux is killing me! I went back on a prescription I'd been off for almost two years to treat it and it is still not keeping up!  I lose my voice from waking up with acid in my throat, and not having a voice is not an option when you are a singer and singing teacher! I sleep on a pile of pillows to have an almost sitting angle and try not to eat before bed - except the raging acid has me hungry ALL the time.

Next milestone: going public! Because of our history and some other life stuff going on, we haven't yet announced - most of our friends and family know but are keeping it under wraps. But it's getting more challenging to dress that way!  I can't wait to tell my son - he will be thrilled, but at seven years old, it's not fair to try and make him keep a secret.  

spring: I love being able to have the windows open and a little breeze blowing through.

• 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):
    Hi, I'm Chloe. In November I had s MMC diagnosed at 10 weeks, baby stopped developing at 8 weeks.
    2. How far along are you? EDD? 5 weeks,3 days

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: I woke up at 4 am today and read some sad news about another PGAL-er. I can't help to feel like this going to be me in 2 weeks. I cried for a few hour this morning. H is out of his mind with frustration with me and my sadness, worrying. This time around, I have no symptoms- I'm not even hungry. Last time, I definitely was hungry and nauseous at times by this point. I feel like I'm trapped in this long wait for an inevitable miscarriage. I don't want to feel this way, but I just don't have a lot of hope. 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: U/S on 4/4. I really wish I felt better about it.

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? Running outside!!
  • @Wishilivedinflorida Hope your migraine is all better.  I battled one this weekend and it was the worse.  Positive thoughts for your ultrasound tomorrow.  I have my first one tomorrow too so nervous but trying to stay excited and positive.  
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited March 2016
    @CarrieandRoy Are you thinking of a medela? I used this link and got it within a week :)  https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/insurance-pump-lookup

2. How far along are you? EDD? 34 weeks, due 4/30. Really glad she is still cookin'.

3. Rants: Everything hurts. My swollen legs, my uncomfortable back, occasional headaches. Then there's the sharp backpains or lower bellyaches that make me break out in sweats and moan. Hurts so much I run to the bathroom. When my body is under too much pain I have bowel movements.
    Raves: I'm glad I can still eat chocolate covered cookies or baklava since I can't seem to handle coffee or too much flour at the moment.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: Next Monday. I have an intensive 6-hr workday so I'm hoping I can get through that without any sharp pains. I'll be 35 weeks by then.

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? Magnolias, and walking wearing a thin jacket. It's the small things :blush: 
  • Yes @kimey1 I ordered a Medela. My insurance company sent me to that site. (It was called medeladelivers.com, but they are the same site.)
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• 2. How far along are you? EDD? 
    39w EDD 31 of March 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    still struggling with the stupid SPD/PGP, but DH has now washed the car and helped me with getting ready a lot of the baby stuff. And on Saturday my brother took DS with him for a little Easter vacation at my parents place (it's a 6h train trip getting there) so DH and I get some alone time before LO arrives. We're super happy and enjoying the child free days (mostly baby prepping and relaxing after)!

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to:  Still birth

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? Just strolling or go hiking when out and about when the weather is getting nicer, sun is shining and the woods are coming back to life! I love the smell of spring. 
  • How far along are you? EDD? 12w 6d EDD 9/28

Rants/Raves/Randoms: Got to hear baby's heartbeat yesterday at my appointment. A healthy 158 :)

Next milestone you are looking forward to: NT scan and blood work tomorrow and if all is well we will announce publically this weekend

GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? I love warm spring thunderstorms 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Thanks @EmmieAnn22 It's better today but still have a nagging lingering dull ache. I'll take it! This is the first headache I've had while pregnant! (Including my first pregnancy) I just assumed I was one of the lucky ones who avoids migraines while pregnant. Haha...WRONG! Fx for a good ultrasound for you tomorrow! Definitely come back and update. 
  • 2. How far along are you? EDD? 12w3d, 10/2 or 10/3 (depending if you forget to include leap day when calculating!)
    3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: Having a difficult couple of PGAL days...after the EDD from my mc pregnancy last week, this week is my first trimester screening and I just can't wait to see a living baby this time
    4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: announcing at the end of 1st trimester
    5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? Opening all the windows and getting some fresh air in my house!
  • Update ***TW***

Found out baby stopped growing and heart is no longer beating. I'm just so heartbroken, but I think deep down I knew this would happen. I've barely eaten today so I'm allowed to have a D&C this afternoon. I'm so thankful for you ladies and your tremendous support over the past weeks. This is such an amazing community. I'm probably going to step away from TB for a little while. I hope you all keep up the weekly check ins going. If you are the praying type, prayers are appreciated for a smooth D&C and recovery. FX that nobody else here will have to face this. Bye for now!
  • bntfroggiebntfroggie member
    edited March 2016
    @WishilivedinfloridaOh honey, I'm so sorry.  I wish you a speed physical recovery from the D&C and will keep you in my thoughts.  Please be kind to yourself and if you need to reach out to us for support please do.  We are here for you!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Oh no @Wishilivedinflorida I'm so sorry! Take care of yourself.
  • Oh no I'm so sorry! I hope your D&C and recovery goes smoothly. Take care of yourself!  <3
  • @Wishilivedinflorida Prayers for you and your family.  
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    @Wishilivedinflorida so sorry to hear this! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself!
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I am so so sorry. Your news makes my heart heavy. I hope your procedure is as quick and painless as mine was with a short recovery. Hugs. 
  • zrainzrain member
    @Wishilivedinflorida I am so, so sorry for your loss. I'll keep you in my thoughts. *hugs*
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• @Wishilivedinflorida I am so sorry for your loss and I'm sending my deepest condolences. Prayers for an easy transition to your next phase and the days and weeks to follow. I believe your rainbow will come. Hang in there mama.  
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I'm so sorry for your loss! Thoughts and prayers for you. I hope you get a short recovery.  Take care of yourself. Wish you all the best. Hugs
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I am so sorry. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I'm so sorry @Wishilivedinflorida - remember to be nice to yourself <3
  • Ugh!! Noooo!! I'm so so sorry!! Sending you thoughts & prayers. 
  • Thank you ladies for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers. It means so much. I just wanted to update that the procedure went well and we were able to have genetic testing ordered, so maybe we can have some closure from that. My family doc wants to order some bloodwork for me even though we haven't had three losses because he feels compelled to do something for me, so there's that too. When I'm feeling up to it, I can't wait to lurk on here and see your take home babies! I kind of just ghosted on O16 because I wasn't super active there but I know some of you are and I wish everyone the best there too. 
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    @Wishilivedinflorida glad it went well & that they are doing testing. I hope you find some answers. I had genetic testing w my first which came back trisomy 16, and blood test after my 2nd as well. They said they thought it was cruel to make a woman suffer 3 losses before checking into it. Anyways that is when i found out I have MTHFR. I hope to see you back soon!!
  • Hello everyone!  I'm cautiously, yet optimistically moving over from the TTCAL board.  This is my fifth pregnancy.  I was blessed to conceive a honeymoon baby that I gave birth to in May 2014.  We started TTC #2 May 2015 and have had 3 early miscarriages June 2015, September 2015, and February 2016.  I thought we would miss this cycle as I was traveling for 2 weeks mid cycle, but ovulated later than normal so here I am.  I had a positive HPT on Tuesday, and just got the call from my doctor that my beta numbers are good--the highest they have seen since my son.  I'm still very early on thsi journey, but happy to be joining you ladies, and hoping I'm here until the end of November!

I'm currently 4w 5d.

Raves:  Just excited to be here.  Last two pregnancies I spent them in so much fear of what could happen that I didn't enjoy the moment.  This time I am going to enjoy being pregnant for however long it lasts (hopefully 40 weeks).

I love the warmer days when we can play outside and go for walks.  Also love all the flowers and trees coming into bloom.  Used to live in DC area and LOVED the cherry blossoms at the start of Spring.

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    Losses 06/15, 09/15, 02/16
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20

• Af2013nlAf2013nl member
    edited March 2016

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20

• Oops...don't know how the double post happened!

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20

• @Wishilivedinflorida So sorry you are going through this but I'm glad the procedure went well.   I hope the testing brings you comfort and some answers.  I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.