February 2016 Moms
Options

Baby wraps...

Hey mommas... I recently started to use my Moby wrap on my LO. She will be 2 months next week. I followed all the instructions and so far she seems to like it. Are any of you worried about hip dysplacia? She is in the "frog" position like they mention. Thoughts ?! 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Baby wraps...

• Options
    ashton2190ashton2190 member
    edited March 2016
    I've read that as long as their legs are in a natural froggy position, you're fine. It's the carriers where their legs are dangling at an unnatural angle. If you're worried you can always consult your pediatrician 

https://m.babygearlab.com/a/11099/Best-Practice-Tips-for-Baby-Wearing

ETA: link
  • Options
    Thank you! I appreciate it! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also someone told me to make sure that her hips are in line with yours towards the floor!  Hope that helps.  Her head is allowed to rest to either side for support and comfort.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Options
    @egraves4 how is it going with the wrap? After you posted the pic on fb did you get it figured out better? I have been wearing ours around the house, its the only way I can get anything done during the day 
  • Options
    egraves4egraves4 member
    edited March 2016
    @mamacastro much better! I really love it, and feel like it's the easiest way to do things around the house! I've yet to go out and about with it but am tomorrow when I go to our mommy and me class! :)

I also just ordered the ergo I wanted and I am so excited for it to get here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Options
    I asked my doctor about this, because we put our daughter in the ergo and her legs just looked weird being so far out from her hips. She said to not let them stay in that position for feet long until they are older and their joints are more mature. Also, to use a wrap where they can be in a position where their legs are together.