Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekend Randoms

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms

• @PennStateCait 6 hours on a plane is brutal (and usually involves wine for me, I hate flying).   I hope TB is a nice little distraction!
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • PennStateCaitPennStateCait member
    edited March 2016
    @mrsdee15 Anything over 3 hours is torture for me. I'm not scared of flying, it's just so boring. I get nauseous sometimes so I avoid alcohol otherwise flights would be A LOT more fun.

edited for words

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• @mrsdee15 @PennStateCait I'm from the west coast but went to school on the east coast. DH is originally from the east coast (we're back on the west) so I've been flying back and forth regularly for nearly 10 years! In college I always took NyQuil to get through my flights but once I discovered the difference a little alcohol makes my flights have been much better.  :D For some reason crossword puzzles also really make the time fly for me. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I think they put it out yesterday @kiwielopingbride
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • mrsdee15 said:
    @MamaMunn Daredevil is on our list!  We loved Jessica Jones.  I'm interested to know what you think!
    @mrsdee15 its so badass!!! 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• @PennStateCait That sucks about the nausea! Have you tried low-drowsiness Dramamine?  That stuff is magic for me.  And I agree, flights are so boring.  When we flew back from our honeymoon I am pretty sure I played 11 hours of Wedding Dash or something on my phone (I was exhausted and just wanted something to do, when I sleep on planes I get a huge BP drop and it's not fun).  I hope at least it's going well!

@meilay At my old job I worked with someone who said "my flight begins at the airport bar, because I hate flying."  That's pretty true for me too.  Wine and a snack has made a big difference in my flight stress.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @PennStateCait I either buy the little crossword books that are sold in the airport or use an app called daily celebrity crossword. Not sure why celebrity is in the title as that has nothing to do with it. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm not the best at crosswords, but I love a good sudoku to pass the time!
  • MamaMunn said:
    Anybody watching Daredevil this weekend??? DH and I have a binge session scheduled for tonight! 
    We've been watching it all weekend. I'm so squeamish that I have to hide under a blanket for a lot of it haha. 
    @CajunSnowWhite89@MamaMunn
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh I was hoping to binge more yesterday, but we ended up hanging out with a friend who isn't watching.  Did y'all see the Luke Cage teaser released on Friday?  They didn't officially release it on YouTube just yet:
    https://www.netflix.com/watch/80100874?trackId=14535108

I'm absolutely loving how they're handling the Heroes for Hire.  I just need Iron Fist in my life and I'll be so happy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • @TheRealVeronicaSawyer Yes!! Parks and Rec is amazing. I don't love it as much as I love the office (cause I mean, Jim and Pam <3), but it is a close second. Enjoy your binge watch. Oh and also, if you're enjoying the first season, just wait, the remainder of the seasons are even funnier.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • edited March 2016
    @TheRealVeronicaSawyer Parks and Rec is LIFE.  Sometimes when I get bored or sad I watch this video because it makes everything better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fyEarGbpXM

(Edit: embed fail)

• @lcsrva Omg my DH also calls it The Yelling Show!!!  By Season 3 I was watching it by myself and just updating him, "So Amber did this and Joel and Julia are going through this bs..."  I felt like such an idiot at the end because I didn't realize I was watching the final ep until there were like, 5 minutes left and they all started playing baseball.  Then the tears came in loud embarassing sobs for like an hour :lol: 

I recently realized that my family (brother and sister and all their kids) are almost big enough to field two baseball teams, so on this camping trip I'm demanding everyone bring a mitt.  I told my sis, we can be the Bravermans!!!  
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• @aliciabhen I can't wait to get more into the show! I'm looking forward to when Adam Scott comes on.

@lcsrva That video is gold!!

I'm really loving Tom and Ron right now!
  • I'm with you guys on Parks & Rec! Definitely one of my favorites. Although I wasn't impressed with the final season. Something just felt off about it to me. 30 Rock is pretty amazing too.
    TTC #1: March 2011 (slightly before)
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several HSG's sprinkled throughout the years to up my chances of a BFP
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016
    ER-Retrieved 22 eggs 10 fertilized
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET estimated end of Feb, beginning of March

• Rough day (not related to TTC) here so I just need to vent for a second! DH just found out they're changing the shifts at the job he is supposed to start over the summer so that it's now 12 days on and 2 days off, but less hours each day. Previously it was 7/14 days he would have worked, but full 12 hour shifts (on all but the weekend, which still would have been 9 hours). Now he'll work full 9 hour shifts for his on weekend, and for the 5 weekdays prior to that he'll work 9-3, and the 5 weekdays after the weekend 3-9. We're both kind of stressed because it's such a drastic change and at this point are looking into our options. Crappy way to end a weekend!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Sorry, I'm going to do a rough TTC day rant.

-I have been doing the BU Presto studies and every time I get another 8 week followup survey, I'm like damn, yet another way the world is reminding me that I'm not yet KU.  I shouldn't let this stuff like that bother me.  

-a friend who is going through a divorce is pregnant with her lover's baby is getting an abortion this week.  I am pro-choice and support the idea that she isn't in the right place for a baby, etc etc etc. I get it's just not right for her right now. But I just feel like how is it fair that I've tried to have a baby for 8 months and it would be a blessing for us....ugh.  I know the world isn't fair like that but damn, I would rather not have known.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Megzb510 - So sorry you're having a tough TTC day! I'm right there with you! Creepy Internet hugs to you, friend! 
  • Megzb510 said:
    Sorry, I'm going to do a rough TTC day rant.

-I have been doing the BU Presto studies and every time I get another 8 week followup survey, I'm like damn, yet another way the world is reminding me that I'm not yet KU.  I shouldn't let this stuff like that bother me.  

-a friend who is going through a divorce is pregnant with her lover's baby is getting an abortion this week.  I am pro-choice and support the idea that she isn't in the right place for a baby, etc etc etc. I get it's just not right for her right now. But I just feel like how is it fair that I've tried to have a baby for 8 months and it would be a blessing for us....ugh.  I know the world isn't fair like that but damn, I would rather not have known.
    Ugh I'm so sorry you're dealing with that. I've got a similar situation. I recently found out that the 20 year old girl I know who is pregnant had two previous abortions within the last year and the only reason she didn't abort this one is because she's finally married. I'm pro choice as well but all I could think about when I heard how fast this girl was getting unwantedly KU multiple times was the ladies on this board.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • @Megzb510 I got the same BU Presto email today, and had the same reaction.  I haven't had the courage to open the survey yet.  Maybe tomorrow :(
  • I finally have time to replace the screen on my 5c. I bought the LCD screen&digitizer, and it was delivered yesterday. So this afternoon I sit down to change it out, and there is no LCD. At all. They also sent me a used(scratched) screen and a battery. 
    I hate amazon stores.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.