International Bumpies

Canadian bumpies???

13»

Re: Canadian bumpies???

• Downtown Toronto :)!
  • Loading the player...
  • Edmonton Alberta
  • Originally from Mississauga Ontario, but living in Kentucky right now :-q
  • Originally from Calgary, now in the Okanagan, BC.
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Airdrie, Alberta :p
  • Wow! I just found this board. I've been on the bump on and off for a while and I did not know there are this many Canadians :smile:
    I've lived in the southern part of Ontario my whole life :smile:
  • Southwestern Ontario here!!
  • I love seeing all the Canadians!
    I am currently living in Manitoba but starting the LONNGG drive across the country to move back to Newfoundland next week!
    I've also lived in Ottawa for 3 years before moving to Manitoba :)
  • Saskatchewan! Glad to see some Canadians on the bump :)
  • Ontario girl here ☺
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• I just found this board.. 
    I am from Saskatchewan!

Are there any other Saskatchewan or Canada boards?? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kiwielopingbride I'm ontario too! :) I'm in October 2016 bmb, you?
  • @clb1984 I just got your msg as notifications don't seem to work on my mobile app. I'm still TTC at this point : )  Good luck!  

• So...this is going to sound weird but do any other Canadian bumpies kinda feel bad about talking about some of the benefits we have in Canada?  I mean I was well aware of our American friends' lack of public healthcare but before joining TB I didn't realize they get so little maternity leave!  Or the fact that many can't have a hospital delivery with a midwife?  I kinda feel guilty sometimes! 

• Good luck ttc!:) 

It actually came up in my bmb.. Someone without benefits got pretty bitchy with someone who had mat leave because she mentioned she was worried about the financial side of having a baby. I don't think that's fair at all, it's not like we should feel guilty as we pay a lot in taxes and deductions. 

I hadn't realised until I came on this board how lucky we are though, I can't imagine not having maternity leave and having to go back to work wks after having a baby. I've also heard a lot of women talk about saving up for the delivery medical costs, it makes me realise how lucky we are to have ohip! 
  • clb1984 said:
    Good luck ttc!:) 

It actually came up in my bmb.. Someone without benefits got pretty bitchy with someone who had mat leave because she mentioned she was worried about the financial side of having a baby. I don't think that's fair at all, it's not like we should feel guilty as we pay a lot in taxes and deductions. 

I hadn't realised until I came on this board how lucky we are though, I can't imagine not having maternity leave and having to go back to work wks after having a baby. I've also heard a lot of women talk about saving up for the delivery medical costs, it makes me realise how lucky we are to have ohip! 
    Wow yah totally not fair. Having a baby is still expensive here and things cost so much more here!  Plus 1 yr parental leave is great but still means 1 yr at less than 100% of family income. Good to know it's a potential landmine though. I'll keep that in mind. We are so lucky though ☺

• Ahoy hoy from Manitoba!
  • Richmond BC! (Greater Vancouver) originally from Montreal ❤❤❤