Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check in 3/18

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling?

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Did you ever go to summer camp as a kid or take a special summer vacation with your family every year? What did you love/hate about it? Did you long to spend your summers some other way?

Re: Weekly Check in 3/18

• Ma is my home @goldsgirl9!!! So fun you vacationed there, such awesome things to do! 4/21 is close!!! Eeek!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @Wyattnash00 I miss it very much! Started going every summer after my sister moved there when I was 14. I continued to go every summer and winter until I was in my early twenties. Haven't been back since and I can't wait to go back. DH has never been.  
  • Summer camp in CA sounds just plain awesome @createillumniation!! And yay for a great appt and hearing hb!! I can send you my Doppler, I no longer wonder about this maniac in my belly!
  • Thanks @mamafesto!! I might just indulge, maybe it will make the sciatica better?!!! Have the best time on your vacation!!
  • Happy early birthday, @createillumination

And, have a great long weekend away, @mamafesto!
  • @jilligan14 I had problems with the bump on my computer today it kept taking me to the nuk website anytime I clicked on the site. Uggghhhh. It works fine on the phone though. You should email them about it, maybe it will help? We can't loose you to technical issues :'( I hear you on the crying- hormones!
  • @jilligan14 -- yes! We don't want to lose you! Hope the tech stuff can get sorted. I almost exclusively mobile bump and, while it is FAR from perfect, it's typically relatively reliable. 

And, I don't think it's unusual to not be feeling real kicks at 19w. In fact, my pregnancy day by day book doesn't even begin really talking about feeling baby move until after 20 weeks. I think others on here may have more experience with that and I'm sure they'll jump in. If you're worried though, I always feel like it's ok to call the OB. ;)
  • How far along are you? 19 weeks 

How are you feeling?
    not too great. I have had the worst back pain all week. Some days it's hard to walk at my office. I go back on the 28th to my OB and I'm going to discuss it with her.   

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)
    Wednesday I go for my anatomy scan. We are bringing our son with us. This will be his first time seeing the baby in real time. He's seen a few photos before and heard the HB at home. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Did you ever go to summer camp as a kid or take a special summer vacation with your family every year? What did you love/hate about it? Did you long to spend your summers some other way?

i would sometimes go to sleep away camp. Usually I was in regular day camp which I loved. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @jilligan14, I didn't feel this babe until 22ish weeks, my son not until 28-29, i had an anterior placenta tho, don't worry, baby will start kicking like crazy soon!!
  • lickasticklickastick member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks @emsmama15! Sure lets have a bump thread! We can make it a part of the weekly check in or should we have a separate running thread or a weekly thread?
  • @emsmama15 --yeah! Let's see those bumps! I say start the thread (if you haven't already). ;)
  • Lets do hump day bump day? Lots of people are probably not on enough during the weekends if we start it today? Anyone want to be in charge of starting it? 
  • I will do it - and start on Wednesday!  I will also put a reminder in my phone for my awful memory!  

And I remembered my second rant!  It SNOWED here last night and the ground was completely covered!!  YUCK!  But, I just took a little nap, woke up, and it's mostly gone, so it's turned into a rave! :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • I like the idea of a photo thread!

I didn't feel consistent movement until well after 20 weeks -- probably 23-24 weeks when I could feel something every day. I do have an anterior placenta.

I'm also have the same technical issues with TB bringing me to the Nuk or whatever website. If I reload the page it usually works. TB is way too buggy in general though. It drives me BSC.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited March 2016
    Congrats on the boy, @piperella! I wasn't sure what to do with a boy either, but we've figured it out. My boy loves balls and climbing and is generally a nut. It's a lot of energy to deal with, but it's a ton of fun. And he's a total mama's boy, which I adore. ;)
  • @Piperella - When I found out my daughter was a girl, all I could think of was pink and tutus and I'm NOT a girly girl.  I thought "OH MY GOD, what will I do with a little girl?  What if she wants to wear dresses all the time?"  Well, she does like pink and tutus and dresses AND she loves her mama and I just can't get enough of her.  Now, finding out we're having at least one boy, I'm freaking out about that because now I'm used to girls! HA!  You'll figure it out!! :)  So happy your testing was negative!!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @Piperella congratulations on your tests results and boy oh boy you are having a boy! Yay! I like your name mr. Bojangles;)
  • @Piperella, so totally understand about wanting to have a baby girl, I don't know why, but I have always imagined myself having a baby girl, I just haven't ever imagined having a baby boy, my mum always said girls are always gonna be there for their parents, boys not so much (I know that's not true) but I guess that stuck with me...but since in India we aren't allowed to find out whether it's a girl or boy, I just want a healthy baby. 
  • @Piperella Congrats on the results and the baby boy!!! Boys are simply wonderful. 

• Congratulations @Piperella !
    I will have a similar reaction if #2 is a boy, although I won't know until the day baby is born. I remember after our DD was born DH had questions about what was normal for her female parts, how to clean them etc and I will have the same questions if we have a boy this time!