TTC After a Loss
Options

Symptoms. They get to my head!

I had my first pregnancy and miscarriage early in January. I had got period again on February 10th but not sure when I ovulated after that. Now my period is late, I'm having pinching and dull cramps, I've been peeing A LOT, I feel hungry and faint every few hours I don't eat, oddly emotional, and I've also been getting indigestion on and off. These are all symptoms I had when I was pregnant before except for the pinching pains. I took a home pregnancy test this evening but it was negative. :( So I'm wondering if it could be a cyst, uti, or something else. Maybe I'm irregular now. Just feeling defeated.

Re: Symptoms. They get to my head!

• Options
    First of all I'm so very sorry for your loss. Lots of hugs.

I suppose I'm wondering why you think you're late if you have no idea when you ovulated. It isn't uncommon, at all, to ovulate much later than normal the first couple of cycles after a miscarriage. I know before my MC I was ovulating ~CD15 and after I was ovulating ~CD20. I know some ladies were ovulated a decent bit later than that after a MC.

Also, as horrible as this is, your body will likely troll you the first couple of cycles after a MC. I know that now, on the 4th cycle post MC, I'm just now starting to feel more normal again. I've read tons of other ladies posting about all the weird pregnancy-like symptoms they had their first couple of cycles post MC also. I'm not a doctor but I would assume it has something to do with your hormones leveling back out and your body trying to find a new "normal" after everything.

For what it is worth: my first 3 cycles post loss I definitely had most of the symptoms you're describing. I was crampy and kept having a weird pinching feeling. I was super emotional, more fatigued than normal for PMS, my breasts would increase a full cup size during the TWW, and I was having heartburn. Before my pregnancy that ended in MC I'd had heartburn maybe 2-3 times in my entire life. The whole thing was just... odd. I was so sure the first cycle that I was pregnant again but then I got nothing but BFNs followed by my period. So clearly not pregnant.

Again, I'm so very sorry. I hope you get your BFP for your rainbow baby soon.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Life post MC is a bit of a head f****, @NamelessAria, I like your "troll" comment! So true!

I had very odd symptoms and cycles for about 3 months after MC. I also had similar thoughts to you during a 35 day cycle where experienced every pregnancy symptoms in the book and convinced myself I must be pregnant. 

Sorry for you loss and I hope your body becomes more predictable soon! 

Good luck. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Pompomlove and @NamelessAria , thanks so much for your insight! I'm glad I'm not alone. And that my body is being "normal" at least for what it went through. I'll be so glad when it's back to real normal!!