Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Do you have a maid?

I'm curious if any of y'all have a housekeeper. If so, how often does she/he come and if you don't mind sharing, how much do they charge? We're considering getting one if cost permits it...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you have a maid?

• Options

Haha. Must be nice.

Stick out tongue 

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Options

Yes and I don't know what we'd do without her. Have a filthy house I guess. I've had her since I was single. I work a lot (full time job plus a side job on weekends as a makeup artist) and didn't want to spend my free time cleaning. Even more true now that we have a baby!

We pay $70 every two weeks for our 3/3/2 2500sf home

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedangerkitty102:

Yes and I don't know what we'd do without her. Have a filthy house I guess. I've had her since I was single. I work a lot (full time job plus a side job on weekends as a makeup artist) and didn't want to spend my free time cleaning. Even more true now that we have a baby!

We pay $70 every two weeks for our 3/3/2 2500sf home

See at that price it's so worth it to me. I'd give up a couple meals out a month for a clean house (cleaned by someone else!)
  • Options
    I would love one but I stay home so I guess Im the maid :/. I think the normal rate around here is $15-25 an hour.
  • Options

imageLexi0402:

See at that price it's so worth it to me. I'd give up a couple meals out a month for a clean house (cleaned by someone else!)

Exactly. It's easy for me to justify it since I work that side job, I figure that's extra money I'm bringing in that I don't have to, which entitles me to certain luxuries (housekeeper, pedicures, expensive hair cuts and highlights to be specific)

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish! By the time I get a chance to clean, i'm exhausted from the day (i'm a SAHM with a "needy" DD) and the last thing I want to do is clean!
  • Options
    Yes, I have a service that comes once a month for $99. It's a small price to pay for my sanity! Like pp said, my free time is so precious and the last thing I want to be doing is cleaning house instead of spending time with DD and DH.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, she comes every other week.  We pay her $100 to clean 3400 sq ft (4 bathrooms so that's part of the problem).  So worth it.  Right now I am considering having her come every week and I think she said if she came weekly the cost would go down because there wouldn't be as much to do.
  • Options
    Yep! And his name is DH! His wage is cheap. I just have to put out every so often!Embarrassed
  • Options

imageRiley*sMom:
    Yep! And his name is DH! His wage is cheap. I just have to put out every so often!Embarrassed

ha!

• Options
    My SO's mom has several properties and we live in one. There is a guest house and the woman who lives there cleans our house (he main house) once a week. Fortunately we don't have to pay her. She pays lower rent but cleans and does other things on the property to make up for that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, we have someone come once a month for $70, but I also tip her $10 because she's so awesome! She does the big stuff like floors and bathrooms and dusting, and I spot clean those things in between. It's AWESOME!
  • Options
    I am very fortunate that I have a woman come to my house to watch the babies and she does some light housekeeping while the babies are sleeping.  We pay her extra for the housekeeping.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had one before we moved. We paid $90 every other week for our 3/4/1800 sq ft townhouse.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a service come every 2 weeks. They charge $115 for cleaning 2 levels of our house (about 2,800 sf, 2.5 bathrooms) They somehow manage to do a great job in 1.5hours. I don't know how we could live without cleaning service with our animals.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagePubStar09:

Haha. Must be nice.

Stick out tongue 

This is what I used to think too, but now we make it work in our budget (whether that be no eating out, etc.). We have a cleaning service come once a month and it's about $80. They do a really deep clean of the house and it's taken so much stress out of our lives.

• Options
    Yeah.. me! :)
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have two wonderful women come once a week to clean.   Pay $130 a week to clean my 5 bed/5.5 bath/ 6800sq.ft. They are my savior.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"