July 2015 Moms

Diaper Size?

n3na94n3na94 member
edited March 2016 in July 2015 Moms
What size of diapers is your little one using? My son is size 6 now, but it's because he has chunky thighs, just like mama lol :blush: but in some brands 6 is the max, so I have to start searching for other brands. 

Re: Diaper Size?

• Our daughter started size 2 about a month ago. 
  • Pampers size 3

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Loading the player...
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    Size 3 Smart Choice diapers, but for night she is in size 4 Pampers. We received some free leftover Pampers from a family friend. I can't believe the difference in sizes per brand. 
  • Size 3 pampers
  • Size 3 pamper swaddlers and size 4 Huggies overnight! 
  • Size 4 pampers.  The 3s still fit technically but the tabs cut into her fat thighs.  So sad. 
  • Size 4 pampers swaddlers; size 5 pampers baby dry. 
    I recently went to size 5 for night time because her diapers were SO heavy in the mornings. I don't change her unless she has a dirty diaper, so up a size we went!

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is so true how sizes are so different in brands. I don't trust the weight estimate they give either, they aren't so accurate for us lol but every baby is different! :smile: 
  • micshi said:
    Size 4 pampers swaddlers; size 5 pampers baby dry. 
    I recently went to size 5 for night time because her diapers were SO heavy in the mornings. I don't change her unless she has a dirty diaper, so up a size we went!

I could have written this post! We do the exact same thing (Swaddlers during the day, Baby Dry at night) and my LO is wearing the same sizes.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Second snap on the cloth diaper haha. She's just outgrowing size 2 Bambo Naturals.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • We are currently using size 3 pampers swaddlers. Just ordered size 4. 3s still fit but they have been getting shorter on her waist. I have also found the weight estimations on the diapers to not be accurate for us either. In my experience, she's usually ready for the next diaper about 2lbs before the starting weight for the next size.

As far as brands, I have only used huggies and pampers. It seems that huggies are for babies that are a little shorter and chunkier whereas pampers work better on tall babies that are skinnier. 
  • Size 4 huggies little movers here, recently switched from LUVS, they were just fitting LO very ackwardly but the huggies are great. I have a chunky lil guy so I agree with ^^
  • Size 4 of the target brand.3 actually fits better, but no brand could contain her poops, so up a size we went! She is still a few lbs lighter than the suggested weight.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Size 3 of most any brand for my LO
  • Size 4 Pampers swaddlers for day and size 5 cruisers at night. I also have a tall, skinny boy. 31" and about 23 or 24 lbs.
  • Huggies size 3 movers!
  • Size 3 Pampers Swaddlers, but getting ready to switch over to Pampers Cruisers (fit my LO better) in the same size. 
  • We just switched to size 5 earth's best when LO leaked overnight. LOVE this brand. We also tried Bambo nature and Honest when he was a newborn. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• We just switched to size 2 about two and a half weeks ago.