March 2016 Moms
Options

Has anyone gone into labor with a breech baby?

Dr says I am in latent labor, but our LO is breech. Currently, contractions are every 7-8 minutes. And I wondered also if anyone has had their baby flip at the last minute. I am terrified about having a c section, but I know at this point it's likely inevitable. It just sucks because she was head down last week! 

Re: Has anyone gone into labor with a breech baby?

• Options
    I'm in a similar situation.  Due next week and not in any kind of labor that I know of but head was down and at 38.5 I found out its up... 39.5 now and trying everything to avoid a c section. Sorry I don't have a success story to tell you (yet) but I do believe that some babies flip at the last minute and know what to do... Is it your first baby?  I read a last minute flip is more likely if it's not your first (stinks for me). Good luck and upside down thoughts!
  • Options
    This is my first. I have already lost my mucus plug. It's crazy because she was head down engaged and then this week she flipped. Contractions started monday (15-20 apart). By Tuesday, 10-12 minutes. Yesterday and today, 7-8 minutes. The doctor said it could happen but it's unlikely. She doesn't think, ill make it a week though before I have her so time is not on my side.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went into labor with my son who had been breech for the entire 3rd tri. Went to the hospital once my contractions were 5 minutes apart (they were not painful at this point, no water breaking) and he was out via csection 2 hours later. So no luck on him flipping but it was a very calm, laid back experience. No emergency, no rushing around, everyone took their time and it went as well as I could have hoped. So a positive experience from that respect. Hopefully baby will flip for you!
  • Options
    @kdebesche4 glad to hear you had a good experience.  Did your dr try to make you schedule a c section in advance, or did you go into labor early?  They have said they want me to schedule a c section prior to the due date and not wait to go into labor, but I don't like that idea as I feel I'm not giving the baby a chance to flip! What if I were to go a week late and she would have flipped that week? 

@NicoleK9873 hope you still have a chance.  If I were you I'd just try the positions recommended on the spinning babies website, try to relax as much as possible between contractions, and trust that if baby doesn't flip there might be a good reason for it and she'll be born whichever way is safest in this situation! Good luck to you!! 
  • Options
    My doc was 100% okay with my plan to wait for spontaneous labor in order to give her as much time to flip as possible. She never flipped, so I had a c-section, but I felt better knowing 1) I gave her as much time as possible and 2) she was ready to be born. Stand your ground and tell them you won't schedule a csection until you're past due and ready. 
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    mb0112 said:
    @kdebesche4 glad to hear you had a good experience.  Did your dr try to make you schedule a c section in advance, or did you go into labor early?  They have said they want me to schedule a c section prior to the due date and not wait to go into labor, but I don't like that idea as I feel I'm not giving the baby a chance to flip! What if I were to go a week late and she would have flipped that week? 
    I went 3 weeks early, but they were not going to schedule my csection until I went past my due date. I think I was due on a Thursday and we had discussed possibly the next Monday? I agree about looking at the spinning babies website and try swimming if you can. As you get further along you start running out of space for them to flip, but you never know! I am currently waiting to go into labor with my twins who are both beech as well :) Best of luck!!
  • Options
    NicoleK9873NicoleK9873 member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks. I still haven't had her yet, so maybe there is time. Contractions about 6 minutes apart, so just waiting at this point. Let me just say, I am exhausted. Having contractions so often has left me with fatigue and a lot of discomfort. I know it's mind over matter. I am trying hard to not let it break me, I just wish I would feel some kind of progress. As much as I am terrified of a c-section, I do not want to keep going through this for weeks.
  • Options
    @NicoleK9873 hope she flips soon for you!  I was wondering if you had her yet.  How many weeks are you?  I'm now 39.5 and going in to try a version (Ecv) today... Not sure what to expect.