May 2016 Moms
Options

minor menstrual type cramps?

I've been having very mind menstrual type cramps for a few days... nothing timeable or major...but uncomfortable for sure.   Anyone else? Is this "normal"?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: minor menstrual type cramps?

• Options
    DutchLucyLuDutchLucyLu member
    edited March 2016
    How far along are you? It might be a sign that your baby is dropping (that and lighting crotch). I had the same around 31+6 and a few days later, my midwife confirmed that my baby had dropped.
  • Options
    I have had the same thing. I mentioned it at my last appointment and my doctor said it was completely normal. I usually felt better after lying down and resting.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had the same thing over the past few days...baby is getting locked and loaded

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kp90kp90 member
    Is that a typical sign of when baby drops? I know it happens sometime around 32 weeks or more and was just wondering what signs to look for. I am 31 weeks today and baby still seems very high.
  • Options
    Could also be a bout of BH. I have painful ones that feel like cramps. If you have 5 or more in an hour you should call your doc.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    I've been feeling them too. I try to take it as a cue to drink water and rest. I tend to notice it when I've been pushing myself a little too hard.
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have also been experiencing this. Didn't know this was a sign of the baby dropping? I'm only 29 weeks and that seems a little early, right? Was planning on asking my midwife about it this week. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    thanks gals- i'm 31+4... could be baby dropping =) I will talk to doc about it next week - but sounds like i'm not alone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've had this too, but I just assumed it was growing pains as the baby gets bigger. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• Options
    Par13Par13 member
    I've had it today too! I'm not quite as far along as you (I'm 30w 5d), but I think I may have overdone it a bit this weekend.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• Options
    Is it me or are they getting more severe? This afternoon they've been so bad that I teared up and knuckles were white from griping the office chair arms! I try to get up and move, but walking becomes just as painful as remaining seated.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @amovin21 If you're in that much pain, you really need to contact your doctor ASAP!
  • Options
    I called to speak to a nurse yesterday morning since my pains hadn't let up and after being on hold for 5 minutes I was told to come to the hospital to see a doctor. I was put onto fetal monitoring machines and baby is fine, but I'm having massive growing pains. The doctor hopes it'll let up within a few days and not last the next 7 weeks. I was sent home to lay the rest of yesterday. Luckily when I filled my boss in this morning that if I get pains and won't let up I'll need to head out for the day and he understood - even said if I had to go part time for the duration of the pregnancy he'd work with me. I'm glad nothing is seriously wrong and that I got checked out, but I seriously need these pains to go away!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @amovin21 I went through this yesterday too. I've been through labor before and honestly I was in pain...breathing through it, not able to talk kind of pain. My care providers really encouraged spreading out hydration through the day (I tend to chug when I think of it) and keep an eye on it, especially if they last 45-60 seconds. Apparently BH can be more intense wth subsequent babies. My friend is 36 weeks and said it was the worst for her 30-32 but then calmed down. Hope we both have calmer days today!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    @lionstigersbears I'm sorry you're going through it too, but it's nice to know I'm not alone! I drink 100-120oz of water a day, pretty spread out (I aim for at least 24oz every 2 hours) so hopefully mine isn't from up it anymore! Today, luckily, hasn't been too bad compared to the past few days. Yes, hopefully we'll both have calmer days and turn out like your friend whose further alone!!!

BabyFruit Ticker