Pregnant after a Loss
Options

It probably makes me sound crazy but

I'm actually extra happy when I feel that lump/acid tingle in my throat, it reassures me that I'm still pregnant. I also look forward to noticing an oncoming headache, and, of course, don't mind sleeping in for what seems to be 50%-75% of the day away. Even the inconvenient back-and-forth bathroom runs, which get really annoying after a while, I'm thankful for.

It just feels good to still feel pregnant when I'm so scared of losing the baby so often. It's nice to be reassured by annoying symptoms that we're okay.

Anyone else feeling the same?

Pregnancy%20ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Visit Intact America and help stop infant circumcision.

Re: It probably makes me sound crazy but

• Options
    nattnnattn member
    Yes! This is the first pregnancy where I've experienced m/s and it gives me so much comfort! 
  • Options
    Apparently, pregnancies including m/s have a slightly smaller chance of loss, which, statistics may not have been on my side in the past, but, it's still something to hold on to. :P
    Pregnancy%20ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Visit Intact America and help stop infant circumcision.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel the same way.  If I have a day where I feel "good" I worry something is wrong.  My husband keeps reassuring me "I don't think you are supposed to feel bad ALL the time" but I would take that any day over another miscarriage!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Grow baby, grow! Positive HPT 5-31-12 History of Blighted Ovum with D&C on 2/10/12
  • Options
    I told my husnad last night that I am nervous that I don't have m/s, like something is wrong with me. I wake up every morning and press on my boobs to see if they hurt. And I'm happy when they do. Having a loss makes you thankful for the things everyone else sees as a burden, at least in my case.
  • Options
    Yes, I feel the same way!  I will take the hunger, gas, bloat, etc.  Sometimes burping gets a little old, but then I remember that it's my little reminder.  I don't think I would necessarily be thankful for m/s, but everything else I'll take.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    morkmork member
    It doesn't make you sound crazy, it makes you sound PgAL! Big Smile
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Options
    EXACTLY!!! I threw up the other day, and I smiled afterward! 
    Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageGlarification:

don't mind sleeping in for what seems to be 50%-75% of the day away... Ev

Ugh, I wish!  You are lucky to be able to sleep in.  I'm so jealous!  I agree in general, although I like some of my symptoms more than others (the m/s I could do without...but I swear I'm not complaining as long as there's a healthy baby in there)! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"