Secondary IF

~~ 2IF weekly check in (3/14/16) ~~

Cycle Status

QOTW:  How do you pass the time during your 2ww (can you tell what's on my mind?)

Re: ~~ 2IF weekly check in (3/14/16) ~~

• Cycle Status:  6dp5dt of my frozen embryo..hoping and praying it's snuggled in there 

QOTW: I drive myself crazy..i think every 2ww gets harder and harder..I try to read or play mindless games but it's still really hard to not think about every twinge and maybe this is it or thinking no its not..etc
  • Status: Had my Hysteroscopic adhesiolysis (a fancy name for the specific hysteroscopy) at 1. Just advil, not under. Oy! I am laying here trying to decide if I am going to go in tomorrow or not - just emailed my manager telling her I was playing it by ear. Depends on how I feel when I wake up. This is my first one not under and I am trying to figure out if my body will react better not having the anesthesia in my body. 

It was pretty brutal. There was still a lot of scar tissue and he wasn't confident that he could see my tubes. So on April 4th I go in again for another round of the same. After that he anticipates it being less intrusive and an easier time. need to keep my schedule open for the next 2 months. Fun times. At least I will have an answer then.

QOTW: Nothing. The 2ww drives me bonkers! I sucked the mostest at life during the 2ww analyzing every.little.thing. Blah. Sorry. I am hoping the rest of your 2ww flies.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • CD2 - Lovely Aunt Flo came in for a short stay! Skipping this cycle and next due to traveling for work during the time I'd do the next FET. Taking advantage of the couple of months to get my head back into the game and lose a few pounds.

QOTW: Apparently I do the same thing everyone else does . . . anlayze analyze analyze, with a sprinkle of researching on google, crying, and pacing back and forth in front of pregnancy tests debating if it's too early to test. The first week wasn't bad as I was pretty good about keeping my mind off of thinking, it was the 2nd week that does us in!!

Next time, I'm going to ask for a huge project be given to me at work so I keep busy. Not sure if that will help!?

Fingers and toes crossed for you @rachlee2010 ! I know it's been a journey, here's to hoping your emby sticks! :)
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • CD21 and I can already tell AF will be here to visit soon :( This is our third medicated cycle. We have an appointment with our RE Monday morning to discuss our next move. I think we'll try an IUI. I don't know if we'll try IVF due to finances.

QOTW  The first I'm always full of hope and by the second week I'm Googling every twinge I have. 
  • Cycle status: maybe O day. Got a peak reading on OPK several days earlier than usual. 

QOTW: Same as Rudygirl. I try to be pretty hands off at first and stay relaxed. Then I go bonkers. :P
  • JustLilOMeJustLilOMe member
    edited March 2016
    Status: I go in for an ultra sound this Friday to see if there is a heartbeat. I'm scared and nervous!!! I have days where I feel like I'm pregnant and days where I don't. 

QOTW: 2 week wait is a tough one. I tested like crazy by the time I hit the second week. Bought cheapies from Amazon.
    2012 Diagnosis with high fsh, low ovarian reserve.
    34 years old at the time. 

July 2012 
    IUI #1 Clomid - BFN

August 2012
    IUI #2 Clomid - BFN

September 2012
    IUI #3 Clomid - BFN

October 2012
    IUI #4 Gonal-f injectables - BFP
    Baby son born in July 2013
  • Happy thoughts for you @JustLilOMe!!!
  • CD11 had follicle check and have 2 mature HCG shot tonight then IUI Friday 3/18. GL to everyone this cycle!

QOTW: I keep busy to stop myself from googling symptoms !!
    Me 28 DH 33 | DX: DOR | HSG: Normal | IUI#1: (Clomid/HCG/Progesterone) BFN | IUI#2: (Clomid/HCG/Progesterone) BFN | IUI#3: (Clomid/HCG/Progesterone) BFN | IUI#4: (Menopur/HCG/Progesterone) BFN | IUI#5: (Menopur/Gonal-F/HCG/Progesterone) BETA 7/2
    edited March 2016
    Thank you @RudyGirl76
    Good luck to you, it can still happen. With my first child, we did 4 IUIs. Finally got pregnant on our 4th IUI. 

July 2012 
    IUI #1 Clomid - BFN

August 2012
    IUI #2 Clomid - BFN

September 2012
    IUI #3 Clomid - BFN

October 2012
    edited March 2016
    Btw, how is everyone doing with their kids/toddler while doing fertility treatment?

I'm exhausted after a day of work with the added side affects of fluctuating hormones. I feel like I haven't been as interactive with my little guy. Daddy has been taking over bath, feeding and playtime. My son doesn't seem to notice, but I feel like I'm missing out.

July 2012 
    IUI #1 Clomid - BFN

August 2012
    IUI #2 Clomid - BFN

September 2012
    IUI #3 Clomid - BFN

October 2012
  • @JustLilOMe good luck tomorrow at your ultrasound
    As for dealing with my child it goes in spurts. When I am upset over whatever (a bfn, non response to meds or a pregnancy announcement I def don't spend the time I should be with my son..he doesn't seem to notice, even if i am crying in front of him but then I feel even worse than I already am because I feel like I am not paying enough attention to him.  It's really hard..you aren't the only one feeling that way!
  • @rachlee2010
    Yes, this is all so hard. I have been an emotional reck. Feeling hopeful, sad, anxious, worried, etc. Such an emotional rollercoaster. And to add, work is stressing me out. Some days I just want to quit my job. Sorry, I just had to vent...

When do you take your beta? Best of luck to you.

July 2012 
    IUI #1 Clomid - BFN

August 2012
    IUI #2 Clomid - BFN

September 2012
    IUI #3 Clomid - BFN

October 2012
  • I also have been super stressed with work @JustLilOMe and totally would love to quit but unfortunately I can't/won't do that.  
    My beta is on monday
  • Dealing with my son is hit or miss. Some days all I do is give him all of my attention and other days it's all I can do to feed him and take care of his basic needs. Those days are so tough and I feel like the worst mom, which makes me think maybe I shouldn't have another baby because I'm not a good mother to the son I already have. I know that's crazy, but all of these hormones get to me. Don't even talk to me about work. I've already used too much vacation time this year because some days I just can't deal with it all.
    edited March 2016
    So we had our ultra sound this afternoon. Heartbeat at 128. Measuring at 6 week 3 days. All good numbers they say. We had a bit of a scare when it took the nurse practitioner a while to find the heartbeat, but eventually she found it. Phew!!! I go back for another ultrasound in 2 weeks. 

@RudyGirl76 we all on the same boat. I feel exactly the same. 

July 2012 
    IUI #1 Clomid - BFN

August 2012
    IUI #2 Clomid - BFN

September 2012
    IUI #3 Clomid - BFN

October 2012
  • Any word on your beta @rachlee2010 ??? I hope it's a BFP!

10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • yes @pdbird beta was this morning and came back positive at 963!!
  • Congrats!!!!! @rachlee2010

July 2012 
    IUI #1 Clomid - BFN

August 2012
    IUI #2 Clomid - BFN

September 2012
    IUI #3 Clomid - BFN

October 2012
  • WOW! Congratulations. So happy for you, @rachlee2010!

BabyFetus Ticker