December 2015 Moms
Options

STM+ LO has regressed from sleeping in own crib.. Help!

(Sorry it's long) DS is currently just over 12 weeks and around 11 weeks he began what we thought was his week long third leap. Prior, he would go down easily in his crib and sleep from 8p to 2a, then back down from 230a to 5a and then up for the day around 7a. However, once he hit 11 weeks he has completely refused to sleep in his crib and it has lasted much longer than a week. We can initially get him down, but once he hits that first transition, he's up screaming. After that, we try everything to put him back asleep: feeding, rocking, shushing, bottle feeding, breast feeding, pacififer, etc. Sometimes it will work but he ends up waking up again about 45 minutes later and we have to start the process over again. Eventually he refuses to be put down and will just scream when we try. 

The only thing that we have found works is him sleeping in the bed with us. I really didn't want to cosleep but it seems like it's our only option if we want sleep.. Especially since I go back to work today. We try the crib every night but it keeps failing. If we put him in the bed with us he calms down right away and falls asleep. 

I'm at such a loss. Does anyone have any suggestions or gone through this? I'm also wondering if this could be his sleep regression since he's also taking terrible naps during the day (30 minutes max unless we are holding or wearing him)  I really need to get some sleep but have no clue if we should continue co sleeping. Please tell me someone else has gone through this and has overcome it! We just really want him back In his crib since we were so spoiled when he originally slept in it so well. 

Re: STM+ LO has regressed from sleeping in own crib.. Help!

• Options
    I'm sorry you're going through it. It sounds like a regression. I had to put my baby back on his lounger to get any sleep. He was doing the same exact thing yours is doing every hour and after 4 am every 44 mins. I'm in week 2 of this and it's better but not his old 7-9 hour stretch. He now wakes up at 1 am, 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30a. At least I can count on that first 4 hours. It's the only thing keeping me sane. I will follow this thread as I would also love to know a solution for my LO to go back to sleeping without a crutch (he's out grown his lounger and I may literally only have a week left with it.)

My only advice for that helped was to keep bed routine consistent. Bath, pjs, lotion and nursing in the same location. I also purchased a white noise machine to keep him from waking up as easily. Sorry not much more help just empathy from another former spoiled mama. :(

• Options
    Could it also be a growth spurt or teething in addition to the leap?
    While we do bedshare and have never put her in the crib, DD (14 weeks today, 11 adjusted) had a week+ of terrible sleep, refusing to nap, struggling to sleep at night and lots of screaming and crying through out the day. She is definitely teething but we also attributed it to a growth spurt and then as a result the lack of sleep was making it harder to get her to sleep. 
    Last night we finally got some good sleep and she's on hour two of her first nap. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My ds did the same thing. We brought him to bed with us too. He then would only sleep in our bed and nearly two years later he now sleeps in his bed all night. With this lo we don't even bring him to our bed. I really don't want to co sleep anymore. I stick to a bedtime routine and when we have bad nights I just stay in his room with him. Eventually, he falls asleep in his crib. Good luck! 

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    So glad to hear I'm not alone! We transitioned him to take a bottle of EBM and he ended up eating 7oz.. even while pacefeeding (and when I pumped I managed to get 8oz, so at least I'm replenishing how much he's eating. He's already almost 17 pounds and not even 3 months yet.. big boy. He has been asleep for 1.5 hours now, so fingers crossed we will FINALLY have a good night! DH and I are giving each other the silent treatment and tiptoeing around the house in fear we may wake him up.  :D