Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Injured at Daycare?

Hi everybody,

My daughter is about 16 mos, and has a splint on her leg. The daycare called me yesterday at 5pm, saying she had been crying hysterically for 2 hours, and no one could calm her down. I pick her up about 5:20, and though she still cried a little, she was calm before we left.

We went to vote, and home for dinner, I carried her the whole time. When we got home, I started to notice she was limping and babying her foot. Went to Urgent Care, they think she fractured her lower leg, even though it didn't show on the xrays. They put a splint on, with a kinda fiber glass support molder to her leg. She now has to go to her pediatrician today, and follow up with Ortho next week.

What would you do regarding the daycare? They said nothing about the possibility of her being hurt!!

Re: Injured at Daycare?

• Options
    Hi everybody,

My daughter is about 16 mos, and has a splint on her leg. The daycare called me yesterday at 5pm, saying she had been crying hysterically for 2 hours, and no one could calm her down. I pick her up about 5:20, and though she still cried a little, she was calm before we left.

We went to vote, and home for dinner, I carried her the whole time. When we got home, I started to notice she was limping and babying her foot. Went to Urgent Care, they think she fractured her lower leg, even though it didn't show on the xrays. They put a splint on, with a kinda fiber glass support molder to her leg. She now has to go to her pediatrician today, and follow up with Ortho next week.

What would you do regarding the daycare? They said nothing about the possibility of her being hurt!!

If your LO broke or fractured her leg, you would not be able to calm her down.

Why wouldn't you ask the daycare if something happened or if they noticed anything?

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did. The Director said no one noticed anything, but a teacher told me she saw her limping before I got there.