July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 3/14 Randoms

Re: Week of 3/14 Randoms

• Options
    @LilLambie Perhaps the carbonation from the ginger ale right before bed isn't helping? I know it helps with nausea, but it might not be your best friend in terms of heartburn. I have the same issue with drinking cold water right before bed... I end up feeling like I could breathe fire. A cup of milk really does seem to help me. Also, with DS, I ended up sleeping on an incline - if I was laying flat, the stomach acid seemed to more easily creep up my esophagus. I fully anticipate needing to do this again very soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In the past the time change never affected me. Now, it's killing me. Sunday was okay because I just had a lazy day at home, but yesterday I felt horribly all day long. And this morning I'm SO close to calling sick. I'm just so tired, and I feel like I can't focus. Makes me feel like I have a cold-- without the cold.  :(
  • Options
    @LilLambie I've been having a glass of milk before bed and that's made a big difference, also avoiding the things that make it worse in the evening. Hope you get some heartburn relief
  • Options
    @HoneyBear40 amen!  They look cute on super tiny pregger girls but otherwise just no.  I don't really get why fashion in general keeps trying to make horizontal stripes a thing.
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When I roll over from one side to the other at night if I don't sit up to do it I get this crampy/sharp pain in my stomach. Anybody else? 
    YES!! Ah it hurts!  I have to really put thought into how I turn over 100 millions times in the night for x # of reasons. :(
    July Siggy Challenge

• Options
    KASGKASG member
    Two randoms today.

1) Have any of you seen hair on your ultrasounds?
    2) Could my [seemingly WAY too frequently] frequent urination be due to the baby being head down?
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    KASG said:
    Two randoms today.

2) Could my [seemingly WAY too frequently] frequent urination be due to the baby being head down?
    This kiddo loves my bladder so yeah frequent could be from them squishing it but if it is a drastic change and has been staying like this for awhile wouldn't hurt to let your OB know since UTI's are pretty common during oregnancy but yeah I get the urge to pee when she is hugging/punching my bladder 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    LilLambie said:
    What are you girls doing for heartburn? Antacids are just not cutting it and it's worse when I lay down, so sleeping is hard.
    Antacids were worthless my first pregnancy. This one, I am just taking store brand famotidine (the ingredient in Pepcid), but I have to take it every day around the same time. If I wait until I start getting heartburn (which is usually after dinner, just before I go to bed), then it still hasn't kicked in by the time I am laying down for bed. If I just take it every day, it keeps the acid at bay, and I don't get heartburn at all.   
    @Lindsayleigh1989 Yea, I told her yesterday. I don't have any other symptoms, which made me think of the fetal position as the culprit. But I didn't think of that til hours after my appointment so...we shall see what they come back with.
    TTC #1 since marriage

• Options
    I have so much stuff I was supposed to do today... Didn't do anything and have no  motivation to clean my house. 
  • Options
    I "worked" from home today because DS's sitter is sick. I just woke up from a nap with DS. Not sure what I should do with the last hour of my workday....
  • Options
    KASGKASG member
    @LilLambie I read mustard helps. And when I have it (on a sandwich for example) I don't have any heartburn...

TTC #1 since marriage

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll try them tonight. I didn't sleep to badly last night, but I only had water before bed and hadn't spent the whole day vomiting. I also went and got a different antacid- the pharmacist wouldn't even approve me any antacid, but I researched and it said safe for pregnancy on the bottle so I'm taking it anyways. I'll try milk but I am a 50/50 shot on keeping milk down atm.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    Brittnic531Brittnic531 member
    edited March 2016
    Mostly lurker here but I found out tonight that my job will no longer exist after June 30th.  I am the "breadwinner" and I carry the insurance. There are still a lot of unknowns and we're trying to be positive but tonight just sucks.  I also had a lady eye me up and down this afternoon and then ask how much weight I've gained during my pregnancies.  After trying to tactfully change the subject she proceeds to tell me that out of all her pregnancies (5) the most she's gained is 4lbs (she then told me how she's smoked during those pregnancies...).  I know that healthy baby and mommy is what's really important but it made me feel awful about myself and then my boss called a few hours later to give me the news.  UGH! 

ETA: Should've put this in TW Tuesday. Is today over yet?
  • Options
    @Brittnic531 - omg that's so stressful! And wtf who says that to someone. 
  • Options
    Today, we were given a 3 day notice to either get rid of our dogs or move. Apparently all the dogs in our building (6 total between 4 apartments) are "incessantly barking 24/7" so we all have to go. I work from home, so I know this is not true. The dogs bark when the mailman comes or if someone is right outside the window/door. So if someone was walking up the stairs to check out the empty apartment up there, they'd walk by 3 apartments with dogs, so yea, some barking will occur. 
    I've been feeling sick to my stomach since we got the notice earlier today - anxious, stressed, no appetite.. We just put together nursery furniture, and love our place in general, and now we have to move. So angry! 
    My husband left work early and we went to see 2 places and applied to one. But the last thing I want right now is to fucking move!! Ugh..
  • Options
    @rakel88 Ugh, that is so stressful and annoying! Especially if it isn't true! I hope you find another place soon. I know how hard it can be to find a nice place that will accept dogs.
  • Options
    I used to be a Housing Manager for a nonprofit and a 3 day notice with those demands does not sound legal?  Not sure but check state laws and your lease.  Also most states have some type of Housing Authority to protect landlords from being shitty.....  That sucks though @rakel88
  • Options
    @austinjl unfortunately our Pet Agreement states that if we can't comply to the pet rules (which includes the barking part) they can give us a 3 day notice. It just sucks cause I know it isn't true as I'm home all day, but that doesn't matter as it's their word against mine. 
  • Options
    KASG said:
    Two randoms today.

We saw hair on DD. The u/s tech pointed it out and said usually that means they will have a lot. She did. I don't recall how many weeks the u/s was done at though. I believe it was a while after the anatomy scan. Also, our DD lost almost all of her hair around 3 months. Pretty common, but I found it devastating at the time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @rakel88 ahhh that's crazy!! Moving is the worst, and I can't imagine doing it on 3 days notice.
  • Options
    @rakel88 Is there anyone nearby, like a friend or family member that could take your dogs temporarily to give you another week or two to find a new place? Also, that's stupid and sucks. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @rakel88 That really sucks!  I hope you find something you like way more
  • Options
    sayerhart said:
    I am an EA at a school and we are on March break right now! And my DH took the week off too so we could do fun stuff together! Then my car breaks down and we get to spend $1200 on car shit. So much for a fun week. DH isn't too worried about it and still wants to have fun but DAMN. I wanted to buy a bunch of baby stuff and now I can't. Stupid car. 
    Oh man that sucks. We have had a similar situation but have given up trying to fix the car and have had to spend big time on hire cars until we get our sh*t together for buying a new one. Not ideal!
  • Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 & @mnkenned - Thank you.  I guess on the bright side I'll be able to hopefully participate on the board more as they are phasing out my job over the next couple of months.  I'm going into the office today and I'm not looking forward to it... 

I shouldn't be too surprised that someone said that because I do home visiting and people will pretty much say whatever in their own homes (as they have the right) but I had never met this lady before and it just struck a nerve.  I had another family tell me, when I finally told them I was pregnant, that they thought I was just getting into the junk food, criticized the name I said we were considering, and told how much bigger I am this time than I was with my first daughter, as in waaaayyyy bigger.  It's ridiculous because no one said a word to me like this when I was pregnant with S.  Oh well... won't have to worry about it too much longer.  

@rakel88- I am so sorry! That is beyond stressful and I hope things work out quickly for you.  Being kicked out of your apartment sucks.  Our landlord sold his rental that we were living in while I was pregnant with my first daughter and the new owners were going to remodel so we got kicked out with our 3 dogs too.  We had to do some temporary housing before we got settled somewhere but it all worked out in the end and I hope it does for you too! 
  • Options
    @rakel88 that is INCREDIBLY unreasonable! I am so sorry! Is there any way you and the other tenets can fight it?

• Options
    @Brittnic531 That's horrible - I'm sorry! Will your current job's insurance cover you for any period of time after your last day? I wish you luck in finding a new job over the next couple of months!
  • Options
    @Brittnic531 That's horrible - I'm sorry! Will your current job's insurance cover you for any period of time after your last day? I wish you luck in finding a new job over the next couple of months!
    Thank you! Unfortunately if all opportunities fall through at the center where my program is held, then I would only qualify for Cobra (which is unemployment insurance).  
  • Options
    Does anyone happen to be a lularoe consultant?  I would really like a Julia dress and can't find a pattern I like.
  • Options
    @rakel88 that sucks! I can't imagine having to move right now... I hope its somehow a super easy transition for you guys. :(
  • Options
    Anyone else getting mad swollen feet/ankles? I don't know if it's just something normal or if I should be worried 
  • Options
    maddmama said:
    Anyone else getting mad swollen feet/ankles? I don't know if it's just something normal or if I should be worried 
    I don't but it's normal! The pregnancy tracker apps I have say around this time you might get them. I'm 24 weeks btw :) 
  • Options
    So sorry to you guys going through some very stressful stuff!  @rakel88  maybe you can see if your vet can board them a couple of weeks to get you a small head start.
    July Siggy Challenge

• Options
    I have a few times, it's supposed to be normal.  My doctor just said to try not to sit or stand too long and prop my feet up, which does seem to help.

July Siggy Challenge