May 2016 Moms
Options

Dear Child Inside of Me.... (contribute yours!)

I thought this would be fun :tongue: 
Add your own note to your little one based on whatever you're thinking right now that you wish you could tell him/her. Can be silly, lighthearted, or deep...whatever! Add yours :)

-------

Dear child inside of me,

I do not stretch that way. Really. That's as far as my body goes. I promise. You don't need to keep testing. :flushed: 

Sincerely,
The mommy making all the weird faces at random as a baby attempts to pop me
~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
Married: Oct 20, 2013
BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
EDD 1: May 12, 2016
DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
EDD 2: June 20, 2020

Re: Dear Child Inside of Me.... (contribute yours!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    NinnyJean said:
    Dear little girl,
    Thank you for already knowing the good music to dance and kick to. Please keep this good taste as you get older so that way we won't get stuck listening to your daddy's bad taste in music. 
    Love,
    your mommy
    Ha, I was going to say exactly this! 
  • Options
    Dear baby girl,

I am so ready to see your sweet face. 

If you could come a little earlier than your sister that would be great, maybe around 39 weeks? 

Love you so much already. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dear daughter,

I love that you are moving and kicking so much lately. Your definitely an entertainment for everyone, but will you please stop kicking my ribs? They don't expand that way I promise. I'm sorry you don't have much room right now but you will have plenty once your here. Also, my bladder is not a toy.

Love mommy
    Beautiful Baby Girl Amelia Marie
    Born May 25, 2016
    Angel Baby January 20th, 2017
    Baby #2 Due December 6th 2017
  • Options
    Dear Baby Boy,

We are so excited to meet you in just 8 weeks (but please not any longer than that). In the meantime, if you could veer away from my stomach and lungs so I could keep food down at night and breathe that would be super. We love you so much already!

Love,
    Mommy
  • Options
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    Pascal86Pascal86 member
    edited March 2016
    Kurrant said:
    This thread reminded me of something someone suggested I try to do . . . I've been considering it but it seems cheesy. Someone said they saw something that said to make an Email address for baby and to write letter and send photos and things like that and to give him/her the password and info at age 18 or 20. I thought "well I could just as easily make a box full of letters for her" but paper can deteriorate and I wouldn't have to print out photos with an Email. :P   Is it stupid?

I would do the paper letters - more personal to get handwritten things! And logistically, a lot of times email addresses get shut down if someone doesn't login to them every so often, so you'd have to be checking into it all the time... and think of all the spam that would be in that email after 18 years! But otherwise I really like the idea of writing to them over their life time like that.
  • Options
    Dear Little One,

It's hard to believe you'll be here in (probably) less than two months! I can't wait for that first time we stare into each other's eyes- both likely a bit bleary from exhaustion- and the adventure begins.

Love,

Mom
  • Options
    Dear baby boy ,

i know you're going to be an athlete like your mama and daddy were but could you tone down the flips, kicks and punches in the middle of the night so your mama can get some rest ? 

Love you more,
    mama 
  • Options
    Dear Little One,

You are loved by your Mommy, Daddy, and big sister so much already. We can't wait to meet you. Until then, please stop trying to bust out of my belly. I love your movements but sometimes they're just painful. We can't wait to see if you look like Daddy and take after your sister. 

Love, 
    Mom
  • Options
    Dear little Easton,

I hope you are comfortable in there. Take as much time to grow in there as you need. Your daddy and I can't wait to hold you, my boy. We daydream about holding you. Your nursery is my favorite room, and I sit in the rocker just thinking about all the time we'll spend together. My only wish is you come out beautiful, healthy, crying, kicking, and screaming. 

I love you so much,

Mommy
  • Options
    Dear Kirra,
    I'm really hoping that you take after your dad and avoid my impatience and picky habits. However, if you could take my organization and rational thinking that would probably be pretty beneficial to your life. You have no idea the impact you've made on your dad's and my world. You're so wonderful and you're not even conscious of it yet. Your dad and I are so in love with you it seems unreal. I'm not quite ready for you to flip my life around but I am so excited to make the changes I need to for you so I can be the most wonderful mom you deserve. 
    With the most love,
    Your mommy 

• Options
    kp90kp90 member

Dear Mila,

Thank you for bringing so much excitement and love into my life and you haven't even made your big arrival yet. Please have my sweet and caring personality and your daddys tan skin and good looks! (just make sure you still manage to look like mine!) I love all your kicks (even when they're painful or make me run to the bathroom) I love you very much and we are counting the days until we can hold you!

Love,
    momma.

• Options

Dear little one,

We are so excited to meet you, I can barely stand it! Know that you will be surrounded by people that love you. Your grandmothers have already started arguing over whose camper you will be sleeping in this summer.

P.S. I love feeling your kicks and flips and punches, but can you try to refrain from doing so when I'm seeing clients? It's getting harder and harder to keep a straight face.

Love, Mommy

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • Options

Dear Billy,

Someone in Heaven knows far better than me that I was supposed to end up with a boy not the girl that I always wanted. No, not just God, but your Grandpa (my Dad). I truly believe he had a hand in picking you and sending you down to me. I waited so long to become pregnant with you, time seems to have flow by, but now it's dragging. I'm so ready to see you, hold you, and feel normal again. You're going to turn our world upside down, which scares the crap out of me, but the rewards far outweigh those feelings. Until it's time for you to made your grand entrance please stop using my uterus as a stage for your dance parties and please take it easy on the rib kicks/punches. I know you're growing really quickly now and rapidly running out of room; I'm sorry there isn't more space for you, but please remember that all your movements are starting to hurt and make it look more like an alien is trapped inside of me trying to escape. It's getting harder and harder not to make faces or the need to moan, which I can't very well do at work. See you in about 7 weeks my lil boy!

Love,
    Mumma

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dear Baby J, 

Can't wait to see you. No seriously, wish it was May already.  But you take the time you need and come out healthy and strong. While in there though can you stop using my bladder for a toy, or pillow? I've seen some nasty bathrooms recently and I'm afraid. Also, we've talked about this but 6 or 7lbs is big enough. Let's not rip mom to pieces, thank you. You can grow like a weed after birth I promise. 

Sincerely, 

Mommy, mum, mother. 
  • Options
    Darling Dante,

I can't believe I'll be meeting you in 7 weeks! I'm looking forward to holding you in my arms and see your sweet face.

In the meantime, I understand the comfort of putting your feet up, but using my ribs as your footrest is not nearly as comfortable for me as it is for you.

When you are here you can put your feet up on me all you want!

Love, 

Mommy
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Dear little one,

Thank you for letting me rest last night. Please let mommy rest some more tonight.

Love,
    Mom
  • Options
    Firstly loving seeing everyone's chosen names. This is my favourite thread to date. It's so lovely to read all of these letters. 

Dear Miss Adeline,

We cannot wait to meet you in 7 weeks, I'm cool with 5 weeks though just so you know. Please kick for your Daddy when he comes to say hi...he's starting to take it personally that you fall back to sleep. 

You are the greatest gift we could have asked for and the light at the end of a tough few years. You will be loved and adored. In the meantime I neither love nor adore your feet in my ribs, please keep those tiny feet tucked away! 

Oh and could I politely request you not be 12lbs at birth like your uncle? That's just plain cruel. Let's aim for 7! 

Love Mummy xx

• Options
    Sweet baby boy,

I still find it hard to believe you really exist. We've waited so long for you. Daddy, brother, and I enjoy feeling you
    kick and move around. We are all looking forward to meeting you in May.  If you could try not to make your appearance on big brother's birthday he'd much appreciate it. 

Love,
    Mama

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Dear child inside of me,  

As much as i love you I really don't appreciate you practicing your ninja skills on my hip and my back. It's really awkward when mommy is mid conversation and then stops to make some ridiculous face.  

Love mommy!
  • Options
    Dear little man, 

I love feeling all your kicks and other movements. It feels like you're dancing or doing karate. But I would really appreciate it if the dance parties and karate practice could happen when I'm awake and not at 2 in the morning. 

Love always <3
    Mom
  • Options
    Dear Logan or Alexis,
    As your mother I am asking that you stay put until mid May, anytime after May 14th works for me. I know that's specific, but you know me, after all we've been together 24/7 for the past 30 weeks. You should get used to the fact that I'm a planner, just ask your father and your big sister. If you could just keep growing and developing until then, I'd really appreciate it. I pray every day that you are healthy and will be born healthy.
    Also, you're sharing a room with your sister until your father gets around to building a second story on our house. I'll warn you now, it could be awhile. Hope you like bunk beds!
    See you in May!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Dear LO,
    My highest hopes for you that first year are that you stay happy & healthy.
    And please, please, be one of those magical mythical babies who is just " a good sleeper". 
    I have pregnancy insomnia and have for months. Does this correlate in any way for what is to come? 
    Love you no matter what always and forever, 
    mom