May 2016 Moms
Options

The 3D Ultrasound Thread

Since the official Ultrasound thread is dead and kinda full...

Hey ladies!

A lot of us will be arriving to the 26 weeks mark soon, which means, optimal time for 3D/4D elective ultrasounds!

I just had mine today! 

Baby boy got his first hour-long photo session. We saw him hiccup, do some yoga, and kick me lol. He wasn't very cooperative so we're going back in 2 weeks to get better pictures! A pep talk might be needed for this stubborn boy. The poor tech tried her best. We even got a teddy bear with his heart beat in it <3 I'm ready to hold him in my arms soon!!!

Share your pics! :)

Re: The 3D Ultrasound Thread

• Options
    @sarawifenow ahhh so cute!! So jealous of your son uncovering his face. Ours had hair also :lol: 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So excited for my 3D ultrasound! Going on Friday the 12th (I'll be a little over 28 weeks then). Really hoping he cooperates! Are you ladies able to figure out who's features he inherited? DH and I look very different (and sure did as babies), and I'm so anxious to see what our little guy is going to look like! 
  • Options
    tgortneytgortney member
    edited February 2016
    @KidShrink My DH and my mom says our son looks like me but DH's sister says he looks like DH. We can already tell his mannerisms are like mine. He had his arm over his face the whole time and that's how I was laying while waiting for him to cooperate lol! I didn't even notice till the tech told me. I think the best part is seeing their personality.

ETA: DH is Caucasian and I'm Asian so it'll be interesting to see once we go back and he lets us see his face a little more.
  • Options
    KidShrink said:
    So excited for my 3D ultrasound! Going on Friday the 12th (I'll be a little over 28 weeks then). Really hoping he cooperates! Are you ladies able to figure out who's features he inherited? DH and I look very different (and sure did as babies), and I'm so anxious to see what our little guy is going to look like! 
    DS looks like he is going to be the perfect combination of H and I. He has H's nose, my lips, H's face shape, my chin, H's eye shape, and my chubby cheeks.
  • Options
    I am so excited after seeing your pics!! My ultrasound is on Feb 6 and I'll be 27+4 weeks! I can't wait to see who the baby looks like and get the heartbeat bear
  • Options
    I'm on the fence about doing a 3D ultrasound. My dh finds them a little creepy. Were the techs rough to get the baby in a certain position? We did an elective gender ultrasound and I didn't like how it went. The baby wasn't cooperating and there was a lot of me trying to switch positions and getting him to move. I get that we only had a short time slot but it left me not really wanting to do it again. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I had my 3D today.  All I really wanted today was a confirmation on the sex.  That's it.  I didn't care about face shots or anything else.  The lady spent half a second looking and said, "Oh yeah, that's all girl." Labels the picture and moves back to the face.  Here is her idea of a good, "all girl" shot. 

The arrow is pointing to what she's talking about. Now, this baby girl #6 for me. I know want girl bits look like....this has got to be the worst "all girl" shot I've ever seen.  And I know, ewww, baby genitals, but let's be honest....THERE'S NOTHING THERE.  Anyway...that was, unfortunately, the best shot we got. Either the tech is the worst ever, or my baby is going to look like it was run over by a bus.  I'm glad this was a free session, if I'd paid for it, I'd be getting my money back.  
  • Options

24 weeks! Yay!! So glad our NT Dr just did it and we didnt even ask win! Cant wait till May to meet our princess (as daddy calls her) lol
  • Options
    Ahhhhh! So cool to see all these. Especially side by side of your babies before and after birth. We are going for our 3D scan this Saturday and I will be 28wks and 5 days! So excited!
  • Options

@kp90 How did your scan go?

I can't wait for ours!! It's this Sunday. I'll be almost 30w.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    kp90kp90 member
    @AdorkablePixie it went good! But she was smooshed against my placenta and did not want to move, lol. We were still able to get a couple good shots. I'll attach them. 
  • Options
    kp90kp90 member
  • Options

@kp90 Aww, she looks adorable! I love those little lips. :)

@tripledaggerWed95976 What a cutie!! He looks so comfy.

• Options
    @kp90 @adorkablepixie haha my husband and I were cracking up because the ultrasound tech was trying to move him around so she could get a few different angles but he totally wouldn't budge he just kept right on snoozing, completely unfazed haha.  I hope he's like that after he's born too!!
  • Options
    All these awesome pictures made me call my sonogram office today to make an appointment for one! I will be going on Monday morning- I will be 33 weeks and I'm super excited to see what my little guy looks like! I will post pictures once I get them :smile: 
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie that first one is so cute, what a sweet little smile!
  • Options
    We had our ultrasound today. It was such a cool experience!! We got to see him smile, open his mouth, stick his tongue out, and blink!!
    Oh my gosh, so precious, and he looks just like you!
  • Options

@PYLWhammy I loved that smile. I was not expecting to get to see a smile!!

@tripledaggerWed95976 Thanks. I cannot wait to see him in person!

• Options
    I got mine today!! We are 33 weeks and he was so close to my placenta that we couldn't get too many good shots. The sono tech was nice enough to have us back in 2 weeks so she can try again. We saw him hiccuping and putting his hands and feet in his mouth lol. He's a hungry little guy, weighing in at 5.2 pounds already!! And he looks exactly like his daddy :) 

• Options

Baby girl looks just like her Daddy! 
  • Options

he had his hand covering his face but 31 weeks today & measuring about 3lbs 10oz! we will see him again in 4 weeks! 
  • Options
    Yay!!! Baby girl finally showed her face!! 
  • Options

At 31 + 3  Little Brynn has chubby cheeks!
    3D.JPG 113.4K
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker