June 2015 Moms

Fun with Baby

What are some things you and your baby/ies find fun together? What silly things or activities are they enjoying? 

I've been googling, but would appreciate the J15 advice

Re: Fun with Baby

• Loading the player...
  • Good one!

-hitting a little hand drum I had
    -Dropping balls in a box with a whole in the top, the ball rolls out to him
    -swinging a wood spoon around
    -playing with water with his hands
    -LOVES the itsy bitsy spider
    -playing with wind chimes 
    -opening and closing doors, drawers
    -tipping over laundry baskets, going for rides in laundry baskets
    -pulling up grass and eating leaves
    -mirrors
    -pulling books from shelves

• LO likes tearing up paper, so I give her newspaper ads and wrapping paper, which entertains her for a good long while.

I am also not creative enough, would love some good ideas! I think we are in a "play" rut!
  • janat1717 said:
    Good one!

-hitting a little hand drum I had
    -Dropping balls in a box with a whole in the top, the ball rolls out to him
    -swinging a wood spoon around
    -playing with water with his hands
    -LOVES the itsy bitsy spider
    -playing with wind chimes 
    -opening and closing doors, drawers
    -tipping over laundry baskets, going for rides in laundry baskets
    -pulling up grass and eating leaves
    -mirrors
    -pulling books from shelves

Pretty much all of this. LO gets a kick out of playing in the dogs water bowls. Laughs hysterical when I tell him no. 
    -He loves playing in his car seat
    -going for walks 
    -outdoor swing 
    -chasing after the dogs
    -taking shoes out of our closet
    -climbing up stairs 
    -he is obsessed with this large fisher price car he sits in and the vetch sit n stand 

• 9 months old and loves:

-pulling up on EVERYTHING all day long
    -running around pushing his activity walker
    -itsy bitsy spider
    -mirrors
    -empty water bottles
    -the remote control
    -kicking his little soccer ball
    -dancing with mommy
    -flipping through his books
  • She particularly loves it when I blow bubbles and very engrossed in all the sights and sounds when we take walks outside.
  • 9 months next week. We do a loooot of dancing. He also loves empty water bottles, feeling the breeze when I fan a blanket in front of him, going for walks, dropping things into boxes (I hang onto empty cereal, cracker, etc. boxes), knocking over towers of cups or anything else that stacks, watching toy cars race across the room, ripping up paper. 

Great idea for a thread! Love getting new ideas
  • Mine rushes over to the fridge whenever we open it and loves to stand up to look in it and try to climb it. Also loves to pull things out of drawers or off of shelves in the kitchen. My LO is also a lover of water bottles. Just today she started pushing the dining room chairs across the floor while walking. Loves taking walks and exploring the backyard. We sing to her all the time and she likes to move to any music. Also likes knocking toys down and playing with the dog and cat.
  • Today LO had a blast playing with two little box shaped wooden shakers. He shook them, clapped them together and crawled, sliding them under his hands. He was quite proud of himself, haha!
  • LO loves banging on bowls with a wooden spoon. She loves it when someone crawls around with her "exploring." We leave baby friendly objects in random places for her to find. We also leave her toys in a container for her to dig through.

-bubbles
    -putting her name into silly songs
    -blowing raspberries on her tummy, ribs, and neck
    -splashing in the tub
    -crawling /patting bubble wrap taped to the floor
  • When does the everything goes into mouth phase end??  
  • slr1229 said:
    When does the everything goes into mouth phase end??  
    It's way better for us, but not gone completely

@sammyk my sensitive little boy doesn't like such loud noises! I've tried and tried to show him the fun of banging spoons and pans, but he flinches and crawls away. Loud noises freak him out - loud talkers make him cry if they get too close, even though he normally loves people
  • devyns2nddevyns2nd member
    edited April 2016
    We're going to test out sensory play. I really want to do the cooked noodles in a bin and maybe sand. @lacymarie1129 is on it with this sensory play stuff and apparently it's important (per pedi shame session). Poor DD missed out. Mom fail :/
  • Look on etsy for ideas for the sensory boards. They make some pretty cool ones! They are pricey on there but a good place to look for ideas
  • @devyns2nd - sorry you had a bad experience with your Ped :( Ours has never talked to us about doing anything specific for sensory development. Don't beat yourself up, LO will be fine. 
    I don't think our LO would have the patience to hang out at a board... he'd rather crawl around and find things himself. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• We got a crawl tunnel on Amazon for 14 bucks and it's been a huge hit! 

He also loves to throw himself onto a pile of pillows and crawl over them.

He's not really into stacking things (which all the blogs and articles say he should be) but he likes tearing down the stack and playing with the stackers (especially the ones that click together to be a ball)
  • When the weather is nice we take bike rides and hike. Luke is walking so we let him walk a little on the hike (even though it takes way longer haha) and he loves that! 

We we also play outside. We have a little swing set and the kids go crazy! 

I lay lay on he floor and do airplanes. It cracks Luke up!! 

We we pretend to ride the puppies. He loves that too! 

And watet. He LOVES water!! So we play in water every chance we can get 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic