TTC after 35

Anemia and Infertility

So, DH and I finally got around to completing some preliminary bloodwork ordered by our new RE.  It was the usual disease and genetic panel stuff plus a few other things.  The blood test revealed what others have, that I have low Hemoglobin/Hematocrit/RDW/MCV.  I always just shrugged this off because it runs in the family.  I had no idea that it could be the cause of Trouble TTC.  The RE has ordered more tests. 
Has anyone else dealt with this?  Dr. Google can't give me an explanation :(
**child mentioned**
Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
BFP 8/26/2016

Re: Anemia and Infertility

• aim22aim22 member
    I unfortunately am no help and have no answers but am interested in this because I also have low iron. I haven't been to an RE yet but from just my annual checkup I had blood work done and was told to take iron daily. Now taking pre-natal I'm hoping that will help too! I never thought of that causing difficulties TTC..I'm interested if anyone else has information on this! 
  • I don't have any experience either, but I would be interested to know if there was an underlying cause of the anemia itself? It does seem that these low levels would indicate a hormone imbalance, based on what I've researched about hormones in general.
    I would bet your RE is already looking into this. Best of luck and keep us posted! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have also had anemia my whole life and take regular B12 shots monthly to help with the symptoms of low hemoglobin. But my doctors have never suggested it could cause infertility. This is the first I've ever seen it mentioned!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Thanks Ladies... I will most certainly keep you posted.  I think this, along with my PCOS, is causing hormone issues and also it suggests per fertility nurse at RE office that egg development can be impaired along with lining and conception.
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016