Amber teething necklace — The Bump
July 2015 Moms

Amber teething necklace

anyone tried it?
success or fail?
 My 8 month old has no teeth yet but bound to come any day. 
I'm willing to try it but I plan to be safe about it. (Also not trying to start a debate on choking hazards)

Wondering if you tried one where did you buy it from and what differences have you noticed. 

Re: Amber teething necklace

  • AKOL0AKOL0
    100 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary First Answer
    member
    I don't like the small bits on the amber style teething necklace. I really wanted to get this necklace:
    http://goo.gl/WuO72a   This necklace has bigger beads for less of a swallowing hazard. Plus my baby is usually near me so if I'm wearing it, she could easily grab for it.

    corndogrobot
  • I have heard of it but instead was recommended the teething necklaces from the vintage honey shop. My baby boy loves them, it looks so good on mamas and keeps him entertain. You can look it up On their website http://www.thevintagehoneyshop.com

    if if you sign up for their newsletter they send you a coupon! Keep us updated mama! 
    corndogrobotirohspupil
  • Loading the player...
  • I have also been curious. I've seen a few kids around town with them and asked their moms who swear by them but i am just not convinced.
  • Also for a "mommy" teething necklace, i was given this one from Nuby and its pretty cute but LO also loves it


    n3na94
  • LO is currently wearing it. He has 6 teeth coming in at once. Fun huh?  I honestly don't see much of a difference. Other than he looks kinda like a little surfer dudewith his long hair. I really wanted it to be this miracle some moms claim they are but I just don't see it. 
    corndogrobotkbrown2385
  • Amber teething necklaces help by the warmth of skin contact releasing oils that have pain killing properties. Actually having LO teeth on it won't have much benefit, regardless of the risks. The silicone teething necklaces that mom or baby can wear are much better for in-the-mouth soothing.

    I found our amber stuff on etsy from a dealer in Lithuania - reasonably priced. I got a bracelet that I put on LOs ankle so that he can have it on 24/7. I definitely think it takes the edge off. The skin on his neck is very sensitive so the necklace made him break out in a rash - now he only wears the necklace on really bad days for a few hours. Ironically,  the same oil that is the pain killer is a documented skin irritant. Pick your battles right?
    shmarplercorndogrobot
  • Lo has been wearing one since 4 months. I definitely dont swear by it. At the very least i can say there is a decrease in drooling, and even that isnt 100%. I still have to give him teething tablets or tylenol while hes actively cutting a tooth. I probably wont get one for the next baby.
    corndogrobot
  • n3na94 said:
    I have heard of it but instead was recommended the teething necklaces from the vintage honey shop. My baby boy loves them, it looks so good on mamas and keeps him entertain. You can look it up On their website http://www.thevintagehoneyshop.com

    if if you sign up for their newsletter they send you a coupon! Keep us updated mama! 
    Thank you for sharing this. I had no idea these existed. I now have two necklaces on the way! 


     
    Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    n3na94
  • n3na94n3na94
    500 Love Its 500 Comments First Anniversary First Answer
    member
    edited March 2016
    No problem!! I saw them on Instagram and I ordered two also, one nursing and one teething and my son loves them both but his favorite one is the one that has the wooden circle, which is the teething necklace. he falls asleep holding it and loves to bite it! I hope you like them, let me know please! :smile: 
    @micshi ;

    ETA:

    I was checking their Instagram and saw they are having a sale of 15% of the entire purchase!!! :wink: 
    irohspupil
  • Just received this necklace 3 days ago. My baby girl loves it!
    amazon is magic. They have everything!
    I also ordered an amber necklace also but I haven't used it because she shows no signs of teething yet. I want to do the comparaison scientifically and see how she teethes first then use the necklace and check for improvement. My son was a pretty peaceful teether. 
    n3na94
  • n3na94n3na94
    500 Love Its 500 Comments First Anniversary First Answer
    member
    edited March 2016
    micshi said:
    n3na94 said:
    I have heard of it but instead was recommended the teething necklaces from the vintage honey shop. My baby boy loves them, it looks so good on mamas and keeps him entertain. You can look it up On their website http://www.thevintagehoneyshop.com

    if if you sign up for their newsletter they send you a coupon! Keep us updated mama! 
    Thank you for sharing this. I had no idea these existed. I now have two necklaces on the way! 
    Hi! I wanted to know if you received your necklaces and if you and your little one liked them? I just got my other one today! @micshi ;
  • n3na94 said:
    micshi said:
    n3na94 said:
    I have heard of it but instead was recommended the teething necklaces from the vintage honey shop. My baby boy loves them, it looks so good on mamas and keeps him entertain. You can look it up On their website http://www.thevintagehoneyshop.com

    if if you sign up for their newsletter they send you a coupon! Keep us updated mama! 
    Thank you for sharing this. I had no idea these existed. I now have two necklaces on the way! 
    Hi! I wanted to know if you received your necklaces and if you and your little one liked them? I just got my other one today! @micshi ;
    Not yet! I got an email that it shipped about three days ago. 


     
    Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    n3na94
  • micshi said:
    n3na94 said:
    micshi said:
    n3na94 said:
    I have heard of it but instead was recommended the teething necklaces from the vintage honey shop. My baby boy loves them, it looks so good on mamas and keeps him entertain. You can look it up On their website http://www.thevintagehoneyshop.com

    if if you sign up for their newsletter they send you a coupon! Keep us updated mama! 
    Thank you for sharing this. I had no idea these existed. I now have two necklaces on the way! 
    Hi! I wanted to know if you received your necklaces and if you and your little one liked them? I just got my other one today! @micshi ;
    Not yet! I got an email that it shipped about three days ago. 
    Yay!  Keep me updated mama!
    irohspupil
  • My necklaces from The Vintage Honey shop finally came in! LO was pretty interested in them for about two minutes then quickly got distracted by something else xD It's at least a cute necklace I can wear that'll be good for L Bug to play with instead of one of my nicer ones. 


     
    Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • n3na94n3na94
    500 Love Its 500 Comments First Anniversary First Answer
    member
    edited March 2016
    micshi said:
    My necklaces from The Vintage Honey shop finally came in! LO was pretty interested in them for about two minutes then quickly got distracted by something else xD It's at least a cute necklace I can wear that'll be good for L Bug to play with instead of one of my nicer ones. 
    Yay!! lol they are cute!! For us It took a couple days for my baby boy to actually like playing with it lol and that's true, my son loved pulling on my regular necklaces and this ones are pretty and he can chew on them and play with them! :blush:

    ETA:
    Also I love the packaging of the necklaces! It's so delicate and pretty! Anyways  I'm glad you guys liked it! :smiley: 



    irohspupil
  • n3na94 said:
    micshi said:
    My necklaces from The Vintage Honey shop finally came in! LO was pretty interested in them for about two minutes then quickly got distracted by something else xD It's at least a cute necklace I can wear that'll be good for L Bug to play with instead of one of my nicer ones. 
    Yay!! lol they are cute!! For us It took a couple days for my baby boy to actually like playing with it lol and that's true, my son loved pulling on my regular necklaces and this ones are pretty and he can chew on them and play with them! :blush:

    ETA:
    Also I love the packaging of the necklaces! It's so delicate and pretty! Anyways  I'm glad you guys liked it! :smiley: 



    Yes! The packaging was so pretty! 


     
    Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    n3na94
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards