August 2015 Moms

Essential Oils for Babies

I just recently got into essential oils. Last week our whole household was sick with a respitoray virus and we used a lot of on guard oil and peppermint oil which seemed to really help!! I also just started using a roll on sleepy time stick with lavender and chamomile that I rub on little mans feet, however it's still to early to know if that's working or not since he's still sick. Any tips from you other essential oil mamas?! I would love to hear what your using for teething, comfort, to boost LO immune system, etc. thanks ladies :)

Re: Essential Oils for Babies

• I mixed lavender, frankincense, cardamom, and sweet almond to use as a teething oil.I tried it on myself first. It tasted like flowers and made my gum numb and tingly for quite a while. Works like a charm.

I also mixed some tea tree and lavender with castile soap to use as a baby shampoo for cradle cap. After 2 wakes, I can see a huge improvement.

I've also used lavender with coconut oil on baby's eczema, but did not notice any improvement, so I started using eucerin, which clears up the problem .
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • I love using oils for baby! Always makes me feel better when I can use natural remedies instead of OTC meds and even store-bought products with suspicious ingredients. I use fractioned coconut oil for baby's hair and skin, often use that mixed with peppermint on babys spine when he over-heats (especially while teething) and I use Lavendar on the bottom of his feet before bedtime. We diffuse oils, mostly Lavendar while he sleeps too. I have little roller balls for teething, chest colds, tummy trouble, and skin owies.I made a diaper rash cream that I really like for him too. It has melaleuca, peppermint and Lavendar, I love using it even when he doesn't have a rash because his dirty diapers don't smell so bad! There are a lot more roller balls I want to make for him, but a lot of the oils are really spendy. We are just starting small and making what we can. Glad to hear other moms on here are loving the oils too! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • May I have your diaper rash cream recipe?
    Married 8/29/09
  • Yes, it is actually a spray. I am working on finding a cream that works and typed that by accident. The spray is 1/2 cup fractionated coconut oil, 15 drops melaleuca, 15 drops Lavendar, and 15 drops frankincense. I think this recipe could work well as a cream with regular coconut oil. 
  • Wow really glad I found this thread. I was considering a few drops of lavender oil in the bathwater before bedtime. And I can't believe I didn't think of tee tree oil for cradle cap. I've used coconut oil which helped but tee treeay have sped it up. 
  • Love this! How old were your babes when you started using the oils? So glad I found this, I've just started using oils myself I would love to use as much as possible on our LO.
  • I just started using oils on my 7 month old babe. He had a bad spout of a respitory virus and diffusing peppermint oils really seemed to help
  • @Jecampos  I think baby was about a week old when I rubbed diluted lavender on her feet.
    Married 8/29/09