June 2015 Moms

late bloomers

dianabeeedianabeee member
edited March 2016 in June 2015 Moms
so my son is going on 9 months and still not even attempting to crawl. I know we shouldn't compare to other babies but I can't help it ! The most annoying part is when my sister starts telling me, "Oh. my kid was already standing around this time." ok your point is? ugh.  anyways is anybody else facing a similar situation?  

Re: late bloomers

• Yup. My daughter has no interest in walking or crawling right now, 9 months today, my older daughter was walking this age. I'm in no rush
  • My daughter, also approaching 9 months, is crawling but she has no interest (so i wouldn't even call it a late bloomer) in holding her bottle and feeding herself...I've seen a ton of babies feeding themselves and even as young as 5 months old.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd also like to add that my daughter has no teeth yet
  • dianabeeedianabeee member
    edited March 2016
    my son just started holding his bottle like 3 weeks ago. felt like it was forever though 
  • So glad to see a thread on this. My little guy will be 9 months on saturday. No where near crawling, let alone standing. He just started sitting on his own at around 8 1/2 months. My sister's baby is 6 months and the kid sits already. But you know, I think my sister has learned a lot from me and has applied techniques so I think she catching up on what I've done with my LO. Everyone says that the second child tends to do things faster, maybe because we learned from the first one....this isn't always the case though.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• No crawling here either although I think getting close. But also no teeth I am excited for teeth. 
  • Supply cups are demons as well to us... So much wasted money, I can not find one they like.
  • DH thinks the sippy cup is a rattle....loves watching the water splish splash
  • Mine gets over excited sucks it all out but forgets to swallow lol I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it swallow dude.
  • Babies totally skip or speed through steps all at once!  
    At our 9 mos checkup this week, the Ped asked if LO was moving from laying down to sitting. I thought about it and realized that no, he doesn't do that... he goes from laying down to crawling or from laying down to knees to standing. He'll sit up if we put him in that position, but he has no interest of his own in sitting, just standing as much as possible. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• klkonwi said:
    My guy only likes the plain "take and go" sippy cup. No fancy Tommy tippee with the nice handles..... (Which is annoying because I got the Tommy ones at a steal price!) 
    My suggestion is keep it basic. 

Does that one require them to suck to get the liquid out? We've tried 3 different sippy cups and they all require sucking which LO just doesn't get. I'm looking for one that'll just pour into his mouth.
  • No interest in a sippy cup whatsoever. Bites the cup tip and the connecting top part because she bites everything these days (can't wait for the first report from daycare about that). No interest in standing. Curls over on her toes when standing too. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I want to hug the person who started this thread and all those who responded that their baby isn't crawling yet either!! Ours is about to be 10 months in 10 days and still won't budge. He will scoot though. That's his preferred mode of transportation at this point. The doctor said he doesn't even consider crawling to be a milestone anymore because most babies skip it.
  • We aren't crawling over here either.  LO was 9 months on the 15th.  He rolls when he wants to get to something, otherwise he is pretty content just sitting and reaching for things. 
  • 9 months tomorrow and not crawling. He doesn't even roll from belly to back! He can do it, just chooses not to I guess. He seems pretty content just sitting. Today I *think* he attempted a little bum scoot. And @btm013 I've heard the same thing that crawling is not considered a developmental milestone. 
  • DD skipped crawling but was fully walking at the end of her 9 months. Cash didnt start crawling until last week...He's 9m2ws. 

• klirwin82 said:

klkonwi said:

My guy only likes the plain "take and go" sippy cup. No fancy Tommy tippee with the nice handles..... (Which is annoying because I got the Tommy ones at a steal price!) 

Does that one require them to suck to get the liquid out? We've tried 3 different sippy cups and they all require sucking which LO just doesn't get. I'm looking for one that'll just pour into his mouth.

Out little one hated the regular ones that required sucking but has an obsession with straws. We found one with a weighted straw and it worked as a good place holder until she decided to go near the others again.

• klirwin82 said:

klkonwi said:

Out little one hated the regular ones that required sucking but has an obsession with straws. We found one with a weighted straw and it worked as a good place holder until she decided to go near the others again.
    We are using the same one with the weighted straw. Our Doctor recommended going to a straw sippy cup right away. He also told us to practice first with a straw and applesauce. We put some in the bottom of the straw and let him put it in his mouth and explore. It got him learning to suck it out 
  • My little guy is army crawling now. He is finding every little tiny piece of just anything on the floor and attempts to put it in his mouth. (Example: Confetti from easter eggs left over from other kids).
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Anyone else's late bloomer start crawling then like two weeks later decide screw it I wanna cruise lol I think is poor huge head makes crawling way harder I feel like we went from taking our time to get moving to caught up overnight. I keep telling him getting teeth was fine but I thought we talked about you being little forever (I know that's silly)
  • mjschenk said:
    Anyone else's late bloomer start crawling then like two weeks later decide screw it I wanna cruise lol I think is poor huge head makes crawling way harder I feel like we went from taking our time to get moving to caught up overnight. I keep telling him getting teeth was fine but I thought we talked about you being little forever (I know that's silly)
    Yes to this! My twins were late on everything it seems (didn't sit unassisted until 9months) and then in a matter of a week they started crawling (lightning speed crawling) and pulling themselves up to standing and even taking some steps. It's crazy how fast that all happened!!
  • We aren't crawling yet over here, but he just learned this past week to sit up unassisted and he is so proud of himself when he does it.  He is super close to crawling I think... but I've been saying that for the past few weeks ;)

• Yesssss us over here. Just about a week ago he began crawling. Super excited about it. Now he thinks he can do whatever he wants.( I don't blame him lol)
  • 10 months on the 21st and still not crawling. We saw our dr last week who again said that some babies just skip crawling. She also said that the fact he sits up unassisted is a good thing. It's hard not to be concerned though! :/
  • Oh man. I've been seriously struggling with this comparison thing! 
    LO turned 10 months on the 4th and refuses solid foods. He will eat purées alllllllll day. But the second you throw texture in, the bro is gagging and spitting up. I mean, what the heck. 
  • I officially have a little crawler.  LO is 10 months 5 days.  He just started crawling last night.  It was so awesome to see, I am a pretty emotional person and actually teared up a bit.  Amazing at how fast these babies can learn something and then master it, in so little time. 
  • cheriep3 said:
    Oh man. I've been seriously struggling with this comparison thing! 
    LO turned 10 months on the 4th and refuses solid foods. He will eat purées alllllllll day. But the second you throw texture in, the bro is gagging and spitting up. I mean, what the heck. 
    You're not alone. We offer finger food at every meal and LO has shown he's capable of eating it (he'll eat puffs all day) but usually prefers purees. We've had some better luck lately with big chunks, like a 1/3 banana or a big piece of steamed broccoli, but even with that his interest is inconsistent. 
    The schedules I've read for weaning are all over the place, there's plenty of time for them to catch up! (at least I keep telling myself, because it's definitely hard not to compare!)
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)