July 2015 Moms
Options

Out to eat update

So we took our LO to Taco Bell today. She did really well. We bought her a new toy to play with before we went, and she had a few puffs to eat. Plus there were a few strangers to stare at (thankfully didn't try to play with her.) 

Now I want to ask about buffets. I'm worried about when one of us walks away that she will get upset and start crying. She doesn't always, but often she'll get upset when my DH is with her and I walk away. I'm also worried about her getting to upset that we need to leave without getting our money's worth. Lol. Anyone have experience with taking their baby to a buffet? 

Re: Out to eat update

• Options
    n3na94n3na94 member
    edited March 2016
    I've gone to almost every kind of restaurant you can imagine and my little one does really well. I'm sure she will do well and plus buffets are really busy and it's a family place so I'm sure there won't be any problems. I'm glad your little one did great! Keep it up and don't be afraid to take her out. Let us know! 
  • Options
    AKOL0AKOL0 member
    The place that DH and I really want to go to is usually super busy and loud. I'm also concerned that she will get over stimulated and frustrated. We haven't had it since I was in the second trimester, because I couldn't eat as much towards the end and it was a waste of money. Perhaps we will wait until she can experience a little more fast food joints first.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've gone to several buffets. Our 7-mth old has a grand time watching everything around her. Plus, she participates in eating with everyone else. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the update! If you are worried about disturbing others, just know that lots of moms (myself included) take baby out and don't fret about what others think when baby cries. My mommy group usually meets at a restaurant. Believe me, our babies make a racket.. But people love to see us happy, and out and about!!
  • Options
    That's at a Panera 
  • Options
    n3na94n3na94 member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the update! If you are worried about disturbing others, just know that lots of moms (myself included) take baby out and don't fret about what others think when baby cries. My mommy group usually meets at a restaurant. Believe me, our babies make a racket.. But people love to see us happy, and out and about!!
    Love the pictures!! Everyone including the babies look so happy! And I agree I am considerate about others but I don't worry about them so much, they were little once and most people understand when they see you with a baby! 
  • Options
    We've gone to a buffet place several times with LO. It's very family friendly and pretty much everyone there has kids, so we're comfortable. He cries or gets loud sometimes, but he's definitely not the only one.  Definitely try to get out. From what I understand from my friends, it's much harder when they are 2-3. 
  • Options
    AKOL0AKOL0 member
    @krissyberb everything is harder at 2-3. They'll run around and not listen. That's why it is called terrible 2s and troublesome 3s. Lol. 

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think the next time we head that way, we'll give it a try.