Multiples

Losing the twin pregnancy weight

My first priority is the babies' health and keeping the twins in as long as possible. However Im not due until june but ive already gained about 20-25 lbs, and its so uncomfortable. I was already overweight before i got pregnant so it just makes it worse. Im looking forward to being able to diet and have the energy to exercise. Was curious to hear how long it took other twin moms to lose the baby weight and any tips you may have. Thanks in advance!  

Re: Losing the twin pregnancy weight

• If you're up for it breast feed or pump. Thats all i did. I delivered @33wk 5dys i thibk i weighed 180(was in bed rest for 3.5 weeks @ hospital & was never weifhed while there) & it tooj me a week and half to lose my stomach. Im down to 140 now (my boys will be 6 months on the 3rd). I bet if i ate healthier i wouldve lost more weight. But im back to pre-twin clothing :) trust me once the babies are here, Your weight will be the last thing youll think about. 
  • I honestly got lucky! I changed everything about my diet when I found out I was having twins. I only gained 11 pounds my whole pregnancy. A week after delivery, I was down 35 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. My girls were born at 38w2d weighing in at 6lbs 13oz and 7lbs 6oz. I'm also a June mommy. My girls will be 9 months in a couple of days. I also breastfeed and pump. I'd just suggest a good healthy diet. If you do breastfeed, you need the extra calories to produce enough for 2 babies. You don't want to go on a crash diet. Enjoy summer babies, take lots of walks outside! 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I honestly got lucky! I changed everything about my diet when I found out I was having twins. I only gained 11 pounds my whole pregnancy. A week after delivery, I was down 35 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. My girls were born at 38w2d weighing in at 6lbs 13oz and 7lbs 6oz. I'm also a June mommy. My girls will be 9 months in a couple of days. I also breastfeed and pump. I'd just suggest a good healthy diet. If you do breastfeed, you need the extra calories to produce enough for 2 babies. You don't want to go on a crash diet. Enjoy summer babies, take lots of walks outside! 
    My goodness! only 11 pounds! Lucky you lol. I was gaining 6 pounds a month & my boys were 4lbs 4.5oz & 3lbs 12oz.
  • I gained about 40 lbs & only had 9 to lose by my 6 week postpartum check. It's amazing how much fluid & two placentas weigh! 
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Thanks for all your responses! Sounds like its not something to stress out about. Really glad to hear you all had an easy time losing the weight! 
  • Well my hubby & I had zero help with the twins, so all the running around & pumping around the clock helped the fat melt away. I gained 65 pounds total during pregnancy, made it 39 weeks, had big healthy boys! I was back to my original size 2 by 5 months or so. I had diastasis recti which closed naturally by 9 months. Now the twins are a year. The only complaint I have is the saggy skin I got since I went so long & my belly was huge! Measuring 60 weeks. 
  • I get very sick when pregnant, so having twins made it twice as bad. I finished my pregnancy 15lbs under where I started. Now, I'm 8 weeks PP and down another 15. All I've done really is breastfeed, try to stick to healthy snacks (nuts and such), drink lots of water, and walk around the house as much as possible. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Breastfeeding took all the weight off plus 10 pounds, and I gained 40lbs, made it to 38 weeks. I ate like everything in sight but also tried to eat somewhat healthy. I did have slight diastasis recti and a lot of extra skin so even though I was under pre pregnancy weight I still had a little pooch tummy :/ I just had another baby and the weight hasn't come off quiet as fast this time around but I only gained about 20 lbs. I'd say don't stress about it! 

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I gained 70 lbs. I had HELLP syndrome so some of that was certainly swelling. I am almost 3 months post partum and down 60 lbs. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I gain over 60 lbs (and didn't even go fun term, so who knows how much I would have gained!!), but it melted away pretty quickly. Definitely breastfeed or pump if you're able...and just carry those babies around! Everyone keeps telling me how great I look and I tell them to try carrying two car seats up and down to a third story walk up apartment!