March 2016 Moms

Show me your take home outfit!

Re: Show me your take home outfit!

• lanatalia said:
    @smushi lol I swear I couldn't help it. The cardigan and booties are from petit bateau and the pants/onesie have squirrels on them and I got them on clearance at Gap. We live in the country on a lot of property so it just seemed fitting that he would wear French clothes mixed with squirrels. 
    So how would one go about picking an outfit for brining home a baby to a regular sized lot in a suburban neighborhood? We also have squirrels. 
    Also in a regular suburban lot but unfortunately no squirrels!! :neutral: not even American squirrels! What's my baby going to wear!?!

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • JessKo08 said:
    lanatalia said:
    @smushi lol I swear I couldn't help it. The cardigan and booties are from petit bateau and the pants/onesie have squirrels on them and I got them on clearance at Gap. We live in the country on a lot of property so it just seemed fitting that he would wear French clothes mixed with squirrels. 
    I also live in the country on a lot of property, complete with a river and woods. I am confused what that has to do with French clothing and squirrels? Oh yeah, maybe it's because it's a just a farm... The cattle mooing outside just reminded me.
    You really have the most options here because you have land AND water. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @soxfan9968 do you perhaps have another variety of wild rodent in your neighborhood to which you could pay homage? Consider a onesie with chipmunks, for example. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • lanatalia said:
    So how would one go about picking an outfit for brining home a baby to a regular sized lot in a suburban neighborhood? We also have squirrels. 
    Also in a regular suburban lot but unfortunately no squirrels!! :neutral: not even American squirrels! What's my baby going to wear!?!
    Ummm obviously something generic and not imported. Maybe something from Wal-Mart and stay away from anything that might be offensive to those with squirrels on their property (acorns, trees, ect).

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • ecwk said:
    @soxfan9968 do you perhaps have another variety of wild rodent in your neighborhood to which you could pay homage? Consider a onesie with chipmunks, for example. 
    Now I'm in real trouble. No chipmunks either!! Just a huge open field behind our yard...maybe I'll go with coyotes! 

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • ecwk said:
    @soxfan9968 do you perhaps have another variety of wild rodent in your neighborhood to which you could pay homage? Consider a onesie with chipmunks, for example. 
    Now I'm in real trouble. No chipmunks either!! Just a huge open field behind our yard...maybe I'll go with coyotes! 
    Ants. Definitely do ants 
  • Boring American/suburban ants it is then!  :'(

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
    Or raccoons/opossums. Everyone has those, even if you don't see them lurking. 
    Or raccoons/opossums. Everyone has those, even if you don't see them lurking. 
    Even mice or rats could work too? I'm certain they exist everywhere! A cute little rat onesie!! Awwww :love: 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So many more options now, thanks guys!! I'll just have to see what my local Walmart has in stock per @JessKo08 's recommendation!

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • lanatalia said:
    Wow ladies. 
    In all seriousness, I think we're all just confused as to how your location makes French and squirrels fitting for the take home outfit. Can you honestly just explain that?

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • lanatalia For the record, I love Petit Bateau style and the particular outfit. I think what you were trying to say is that you almost felt like you'd be bringing your little one to a French style manor so the French clothing made sense. Squirrels may just be an individual association you have with France for one reason or another. Cute though!
    imageimage

• mshukh said:
    lanatalia For the record, I love Petit Bateau style and the particular outfit. I think what you were trying to say is that you almost felt like you'd be bringing your little one to a French style manor so the French clothing made sense. Squirrels may just be an individual association you have with France for one reason or another. Cute though!
    I figured squirrels was because @lanatalia lives in the countryside but I can't figure out the French thing at all and I really am curious! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're having a girl but I think everything I packed is for a boy.  I would do photos but it's already packed in the car.  The onesies/pajamas are covered in puppies.  Why do only boys clothes have adorable Bully puppies?  I could only find girl clothing with poodles or scotties with bows on them.  We're pittie and rottie people so that just wouldn't do.  I made a simple crochet bow though so she still looks like a girl.
  • It sounds like many of you are bringing both a newborn and a 3 month size outfit, which is what I've heard you should do to be safe, but all our 3 month clothes seem HUGE!  That being said, my gal is currently estimated at 7lb 14oz and we still have 2 weeks to go (although I know those estimates are notoriously inaccurate).  I threw a newborn and a 3 month option in my hospital bag, but I look at the 3 month one and can't help thinking "I HOPE I don't have to give birth to a baby that fits into that!"
    The thing is though, just because your baby doesn't fit into a newborn outfit does not mean he/she will fit into 3 months. DS didn't fit into newborn clothes, but he certainly didn't fill out a 3 month outfit. I hope you don't have a baby that fits into a 3 month outfit either! ;)
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am taking both sizes because baby is measuring large and I want to be prepared, but I am also a little afraid of how huge the 3 month outfits look.

• These are the three outfits we are taking to the hospital with us, two NB size and one 0-3 months (just in case)!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All my baby clothes are 0-3 months but they are from like Gerber and Carters... Hopefully they will all fit because I didn't buy any newborn clothes... I'm assuming my baby will be taller because all my moms kids were like 20-21" and I was around the same at birth and 7 something lbs. My husband was also 7 something lbs and was 19-1/2" so here's hoping it won't be more than a tad loose... OB said baby will probably weigh in the 7's... 
  • schweitz said:
    All my baby clothes are 0-3 months but they are from like Gerber and Carters... Hopefully they will all fit because I didn't buy any newborn clothes... I'm assuming my baby will be taller because all my moms kids were like 20-21" and I was around the same at birth and 7 something lbs. My husband was also 7 something lbs and was 19-1/2" so here's hoping it won't be more than a tad loose... OB said baby will probably weigh in the 7's... 
    Gerber runs small so you might be okay, but if your baby is in the 7s Carters 0-3 will be really big, just fyi.  20" is kind of normal length so you won't need bigger clothes because of that right off the bat either, you might want to grab a couple newborn sleepers/outfits for the first few weeks.
  • schweitz said:
    All my baby clothes are 0-3 months but they are from like Gerber and Carters... Hopefully they will all fit because I didn't buy any newborn clothes... I'm assuming my baby will be taller because all my moms kids were like 20-21" and I was around the same at birth and 7 something lbs. My husband was also 7 something lbs and was 19-1/2" so here's hoping it won't be more than a tad loose... OB said baby will probably weigh in the 7's... 
    Gerber runs small so you might be okay, but if your baby is in the 7s Carters 0-3 will be really big, just fyi.  20" is kind of normal length so you won't need bigger clothes because of that right off the bat either, you might want to grab a couple newborn sleepers/outfits for the first few weeks.
    i agree - my middle babe was 7/8 and 19.5" and she was in NB for at least a month (pretty sure a while longer) and even my 21" 8/8 babe could wear NB for a good month

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • team green here - 
    either this: (NB) on the 8/8 baby mentioned above)

or one of these: (probably the middle one)

Autism mama! 
  • schweitz said:
    i agree - my middle babe was 7/8 and 19.5" and she was in NB for at least a month (pretty sure a while longer) and even my 21" 8/8 babe could wear NB for a good month
    Oh boy... My mother said she never bought newborn outfits so I'm really hoping I won't get screwed here! On the other hand though I think my mother in law's friend had a bunch of newborn clothes they were going to give us when the baby comes so at least there's that...
  • schweitz said:
    My son was 8 pounds, 4 ounces and 20.5 inches and we didn't have any newborn things for him because we expected him to be huge. He was SWIMMING in the 0-3 month stuff, however, and we had to go out and get him NB clothes. If you want to use what you've bought, I'd recommend the Gerber. It runs small. :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• schweitz said:
    My son was 8 pounds, 4 ounces and 20.5 inches and we didn't have any newborn things for him because we expected him to be huge. He was SWIMMING in the 0-3 month stuff, however, and we had to go out and get him NB clothes. If you want to use what you've bought, I'd recommend the Gerber. It runs small. :) 
    Okay noted. :) Thanks.
  • schweitz said:
    schweitz said:
    Agreed! My DS was 8lbs 14oz and still wore nb carters for nearly a month. They lose a little weight after birth. The only baby I know that didn't fit newborn was 10lbs at birth. 
  • 2-Step said:
    schweitz said:
    schweitz said:
    Agreed! My DS was 8lbs 14oz and still wore nb carters for nearly a month. They lose a little weight after birth. The only baby I know that didn't fit newborn was 10lbs at birth. 
    Most of my stuff is Gerber including the "take home outfit" I posted so I'm hoping it does run small lol. 
  • @shweitz It does, and good thing...that outfit is ADORABLE!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @oceanchild I LOVE the cream knit AND the middle outfit from pic #2. Both are adorable! (and now I will waste an hour searching online for them....). :-)

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

• team green here - 
    either this: (NB) on the 8/8 baby mentioned above)

Oh my goodness i need that outfit in my life.  Anyone know where its from?!
  • oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited February 2016
    @Christine&amp;Chris and @tamaraatown the ivory knit one-piece was from target 2 years ago  - that was baby#3
    the middle thing was from target also, Christine&Chris - i got it on clearance from their little prince collection they had; you could prob still find it

Autism mama! 
  • AlyeenaAlyeena member
    edited February 2016
    *Lurker from Sept. 2016*

I just wanted to say that the squirrel clothing french thing made me laugh so much (in a good way, not in a mean way I promise! It put a huge smile on my face) because there are no squirrels in France, definitely not like here where they are all over the place.

And it reminds me of all my french friends coming over here and taking pictures of squirrels and being all impressed at how cute they are. Of all the things to associate with France xD
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• @Alyeena I also found it amusing to put my baby in a squirrel outfit with his chic little French cardigan. It is an obvious contrast. His dad wears suits to work but can be found dumping corn with his John Deere on the weekends. It was a reference to our life that probably would have went over better with people I actually know. 
    Clearly it made for a good conversation although was taken quite literally. 
  • lanatalia said:
    @Alyeena I also found it amusing to put my baby in a squirrel outfit with his chic little French cardigan. It is an obvious contrast. His dad wears suits to work but can be found dumping corn with his John Deere on the weekends. It was a reference to our life that probably would have went over better with people I actually know. 
    Clearly it made for a good conversation although was taken quite literally. 
    That does make it a lot clearer (and funnier).  Love it!

and who knew squirrels weren't an international animal? Lol I would have never fathomed!
  • @smushicongratulations on your big healthy baby!! 
  • @lanatalia seriously freaking adorable!!! 

Autism mama! 
  • Love where did you get the sweater and hat?