March 2016 Moms

Membranes stripped/swept

2»

Re: Membranes stripped/swept

• I had my membrane sweep at 40w which was uncomfortable bordering on painful, but not that bad. However, the few hours after I had such bad cramping that I was in tears. After that, my body had no reaction. No labor, no bleeding, nothing. Stiiiill waiting....
  • @mshukhWhen you say it increases the chances of your water breaking, do you mean immediately afterward or later on? I am considered higher risk for a prolapsed cord, so I am afraid of my water breaking at home.
  • Loading the player...
  • After having the 3rd sweep Friday at 39+6 I am still here. 40 w 1 day. I actually went to L & D this opening with increased discharge, contractions 6 minutes apart. I am a VBAC -- so got there. They tested discharge and wasn't fluid. Checked my dilation. I was progressing but my doctor was not on call - the doctor who was told them I was not allowed to walk because I am a VBAC. uhhhhh BS. AWFUL. I was immediately stressed and my contractions shut down. Since it wasn't amniotic fluid though they just monitored me for 2 hours then sent me home. I progressed .5 cm while there. My doc is on call Tuesday. I am thinking of taking the induction then so that she is for sure my doc. 
  • Side note almost as soon as we left the hospital my contractions started back up. I am not going in until it is unbearable. 
  • ARogers26 - hope you are doing well!  Just heads up....induction for vbac isn't a great idea as it increases chances of uterine rupture (as well as section).  Hope you are in labor now so that's not even something you need to think about.  Good luck!  (I'm doing a vbac too)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah I have done my research. I realize it isn't optimal but my Bishops Score is as high as it can go so it isn't horrible either. Not in labor but still debating. Face induction that is not what I wanted or fight with an on call doctor. Neither is appealing.