November 2015 Moms

Rolling around in crib-worried about getting hurt

She slept in it for the first time last night and is in it for a nap right now, she rolls and wiggles all around and ends up sideways with her head smashed in to the bars. Any one else's little one do this and how do I prevent it? She pushed herself forward and she went right into the bar and started crying I don't want her to hurt herself

Re: Rolling around in crib-worried about getting hurt

• You can buy a breathable bumper pad. It's a little padded and will keep LO from stuck In between rails. 
  • I ordered a breathable mesh crib liner for my LO when she figured out to wedge her little legs between the crib slats.  Hopefully it works! Do not use a traditional padded bumper, they are a suffocation and entrapment risk.  Make sure to take down a crib liner once baby can sit themselves up to keep them from climbing on it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is a little mover too, but she's still in the pnp so the walls are mesh, NBD if she bumps into those (but it still wakes her up, just not crying, more annoyed that she can't keep scooting, LOL).  We've had luck with putting her as far away from the walls in the direction she's heading (she always scoots right and upward, so we put her in the bottom left).
  • DS moved like crazy in his crib, he would actually do laps around the crib in his sleep.  We did get thr mesh bumpers, but they did not help a lot (but since I already have them I will use them for this LO also).  He just got used to hitting the crib and learned to go back to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The mesh bumper pads don't do crap IMO. I took bath towels and rolled them up and put them under the fitted sheet. So now when get gets to the towel he stops. It's been a life saver! My cousin is sending me her Safe T sleep, but I haven't received it yet to try. 
  • You could also try pool noodles under the fitted sheet. 

If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• DD is like me-moves every which direction and ends up face first in the corner of the crib. Which that wakes her up because she can't move anymore. I have a mesh bumper. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD is like me-moves every which direction and ends up face first in the corner of the crib. Which that wakes her up because she can't move anymore. I have a mesh bumper. 
    THIS. Bless their hearts. My LO always wakes up when he gets into the corner of the crib. Luckily, this only happens for us once or twice a week. And lately, he seems to be moving less in the night, which is great. But we're coming up on four months next Sunday and I'm so afraid of the regression. Here's hoping for restful nights! 
  • SJFTCA said:
    DD is like me-moves every which direction and ends up face first in the corner of the crib. Which that wakes her up because she can't move anymore. I have a mesh bumper. 
    THIS. Bless their hearts. My LO always wakes up when he gets into the corner of the crib. Luckily, this only happens for us once or twice a week. And lately, he seems to be moving less in the night, which is great. But we're coming up on four months next Sunday and I'm so afraid of the regression. Here's hoping for restful nights! 
    We hit the regression a few nights ago :( 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @grapesoda1111 is the mesh bumper thick? I was thinking of it so she's not just hitting the bars my husband thinks it won't helpz
  • mcdoug211 said:
    @grapesoda1111 is the mesh bumper thick? I was thinking of it so she's not just hitting the bars my husband thinks it won't helpz
    Not thick but it's soft! I haven't had any problems with it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think the towels or pool noodles cut to fit under the sheet is a good idea!!
  • mcdoug211 said:
    @grapesoda1111 is the mesh bumper thick? I was thinking of it so she's not just hitting the bars my husband thinks it won't helpz
    We got a mesh bumper from babies r us and it's about 1/4 inch thick and more padded than I thought it would be.  It would definitely help with bumping into the bars.  I got it to keep LO from getting her feet stuck between the rails.
  • mcdoug211 said:
    We got a mesh bumper from babies r us and it's about 1/4 inch thick and more padded than I thought it would be.  It would definitely help with bumping into the bars.  I got it to keep LO from getting her feet stuck between the rails.
    So glad I found this! LO just started sleeping in her crib and she scared the crap out of herself when her little foot got 'stuck' between the bars! Will definitely be looking into this! Darn this little bowling ball babies lol
  • My little one managed to stick both of her legs out of the crib between the slats.  It's sleep sacks for us for a while now I guess.  lol.  As babies get older they can use even the mesh bumpers to climb out of the crib.  I know we're still a ways away from there, but my oldest managed to do it at 7 months.  I'm not taking chances with bumpers after that.  Hearing that thump and finding my baby laying in the middle of the floor was one of the scariest experiences of my life.  Bumping into the crib or getting her arm/leg stuck in the slat is a small price to pay to avoid either of us going through that. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• I got the mesh bumper she ends up in a totally different and obscure position everytime. She did wedge her leg through once I freaked lol
  • I rolled an old sheet and then made it like a donut and put it under his crib sheet as a barrier, worked like a charm,  and it was free!