1st Trimester
Options

Regretting getting pregnant

Don't think bad of me please.  My emotions are a roller coaster right now but more than others (anything good) I regret getting pregnant and wish I could go back in time.  I thought it was something I wanted but now second guessing myself.  My life is about to change and not sure I want it to, I like it. People say that will go away once I have the baby but I don't know if I can deal with all these emotions for 9 months.  Please help me. 

Re: Regretting getting pregnant

• Options
    What previous poster said. It's normal to fear the unknown. Take a deep breath, cut yourself some slack, and try to find someone to talk to. Sometimes an unbiased opinion can help put things in perspective. Understand that your hormones are going crazy right now. I'm normally prone to anxiety so with all of these hormones raging through my body I've found myself on the verge of a panic attack over the tiniest things. Our emotions are amplified right now. Be kind to yourself, it's going to work out. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Giving you creepy internet hugs right now!!! It's okay to feel this way but its not healthy for you or the baby. I agree with the others on trying to find someone you trust who will not judge and help you through your fears and anxiety. Even those free helplines over the phone are a great start to having someone to talk too!

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been so sick, I've questioned."what did I do" totally normal. Hormones cause depression and can make us feel bad. So sorry your feeling down right now
  • Options
    I felt that way, especially in the first tri when I was miserably sick and could barely function.  I thought I would be a horrible mom because I didn't feel "connected" to my baby.  It all changed instantly at 17 weeks when I had an emergency ultrasound and we found out the baby is a boy.  Suddenly he became a tiny person and a real thing, I felt like I could picture my life with this boy rather than just this unknown change.  Keep your thoughts in check and make sure you seek support if it's starts to become interfering.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    I don't regret getting pregnant...  But there are moments I think about how crazy life is going to be and if this was a good idea!    We have a 5 year old -  life is good.  She sleeps well,  she is healthy,  financially we are alright.   

My last pregnancy -  I didn't want to be pregnant. It was an oops while on the pill.    Once I embraced it and got excited about it -  I lost my baby late in my pregnancy.   I can't even tell you the guilt I felt.   

• Options
    I can totally relate to this.  My DH and I have been together for almost 9 yd or ears total between dating, living together, engagement and now marriage.  That is a long time to just be "us" and nobody else.  We've done so many things and been through a lot.  We've had a lot of fun and I've been worried about how the dynamics of our relationship may change.  So I totally get it- even though I was so upset with each month that passed while we were TTC that we didn't get a BFP.  Because I do really want to be a mom too.  But I wish sometimes that we had one more night out on the town or one more concert we could have gone too or one more vacation but at the same time- none of those things really matter that much.....and they are still things we can do.....So....I can relate....I think that once things get to be more "real" my feelings will definitely change.  I hope you find some peace and comfort on your journey.
  • Options
    I have been in your shoes before. My first pregnancy was unplanned. I was 24 when I gave birth. People thought it was a good age, but I had just graduated college and wanted to try to establish my career first before I thought of a baby. I knew my life was going to change and IT WILL. It will be hard to accept at first. The life you once had of going out every night with your DH can only happen if someone watches baby. The first few months you will be up all wee hours of the morning and intimacy at that point is hard with your SO. Yes, it will change. Don't be afraid of change. It will change for the BETTER! I recently had a second baby. I was scared to find out I was pregnant again with #2 even though she was planned, but now that I had my son already he completed changed my mind about motherhood. If I could, I would have 4+ babies, but it's in my interest not to. 

Your body is going through lots of changes right now. You have tons of hormones running through you. Try to relax and really enjoy this pregnancy even though it might not seem that fun right now. 
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Options
    I have been in your shoes. Often during my pregnancy I would think to myself, "I'm so young! Am I capable? How will this affect my marriage?!" But you know what? My sweet little girl is my life. I couldn't imagine life without her. Being a mom is the most challenging, amazing, fulfilling experience ever. Talk to someone about your feelings, they are totally normal.
  • Options
    I'm terrified to not only become a mother but to give birth! I've thought to myself, as I've been getting so sick the past week, if I really wanted it to happen that bad.. and the answer is yes! Although I feel miserable right now, I'm already in love with this baby, and I think in time, you will grow to love yours as well. It's hard to at first because of all the pain you are going through, but you're going through a beautiful thing! Sending love your way.
  • Options
    I'm going through the same exact thing. I'm trying to feel enthusiastic about it but fear overcomes. Is the fear of change, of having a little one totally dependent on you and to be limited to do so many things, specially work as I used to (freelancing) and the major reason for my fear, I was pregnant 2 years ago and had to abort at almost 5 months due to deformities that were caught too late and that has me feeling very scared with this one. I haven't seen my baby yet, my ultrasound is Tuesday (9 weeks) I have a feeling that when I see my baby things will change specially if everything is fine .
  • Options
    Lots of women feel nervous, the same as getting cold feet before a wedding.  This is a huge life change- be gentle on yourself.
    And know that at any time, you are not alone.  There are resources out there before the baby is born and after.  And if you decide this is not for you, adoption is a loving option at any point- even months after your baby is born. 
    You don't have to stay or be a mom if you decide it is not for you.
    Reach out for emotional help if you need it. Don't be afraid or ashamed of your emotions.  
    TTC since 2010.
    IF since 2011.
    MTHFR gene, Endo
    Clomid, Letrozole, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Progesterone.
    14 IUI. 8 Single insemination cycles, 6 doubles.
    2 early losses.
    Oct. 6, 2013- BFP!

• Options
    I went through the same feelings my first pregnancy.  It was unplanned and I was young. I gave it a go, had the nursery all set up and had all the clothes and could have had the baby right then and would have been set, but at 7 months, the feelings weren't changing and I realized I had no business having a child. So I called an adoption agency who put me in contact with dozens of hopeful adoptive couples,  and I found a wonderful couple who had been trying for years to have a baby. They were so happy to have a chance to raise a family, and I havent regretted my decision once in the 8 years after. 
    I am currently pregnant again with a *planned* pregnancy. Even though my husband and I planned it, we got pregnant in 2 weeks when we were expecting to have to try for upwards of 6 months to a year. Almost daily, I still have feelings of "I have a tiny human forming inside me. We are making life.....what the *$&% were we thinking?!". 
    If you are having feelings of the latter, those will pass. But please know that having to have a baby you feel like you aren't ready or emotionally prepared to deal with, is not your only option. 

• Options
    I'm 12 weeks, and as soon as I started seeing signs of my stomach growing, I think that's when it hit me the most. I'm actually excited for the baby and to be a mom, but I think I'm more freaking out about actually DELIVERING a baby. 

Definitely talk to someone, and think about all the positive!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)