June 2015 Moms

9 month stats

Since we've got babies hitting the 9 month mark, let's share their progress! Share height, weight, percentiles, head circumference, anything you'd like! 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 9 month stats

• My LO was 29" (88% height) & 19 lbs even (I can't remember % exactly but somewhere in the 64-68% range I think). I want to check on the head circumference % bc DH & I both have big heads & big heads run in my family. Just curious!
  • LO is 27.5" (20%) and 19.6 lbs. (50%) First time he's been in a higher percentile for weight than height
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • Davila21Davila21 member
    edited March 2016
    So, Sylvester had his 9 month check up yesterday and he is 28" and 15.5lbs. 

I'm at a loss. He's getting so long but not any heavier. I feel like he eats a ton throughout the day and I was sure that starting him on baby food would have helped him gain more than a pound in 3 months. The pediatrician keeps pointing out that he's small and it's starting to make me feel bad. 

Does anyone else have this problem?
  • Davila21 said:
    So, Sylvester had his 9 month check up yesterday and he is 28" and 15.5lbs. 

I'm at a loss. He's getting so long but not any heavier. I feel like he eats a ton throughout the day and I was sure that starting him on baby food would have helped him gain more than a pound in 3 months. The pediatrician keeps pointing out that he's small and it's starting to make me feel bad. 

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Well that's an unhelpful comment from a medical professional. WTAF? Does the pedi say anything that's more helpful? Is s/he concerned or just noting that some babies are smaller than others?
  • There is a WHO (world health organization) growth chart that breastfed babies are supposed to be compared to..... And most docs/pedis are comparing to a formula fed baby chart..... I just learned this. 
    Perhaps bring this up. It's easy to look up online for your quick peace of mind. 
  • and if it doesn't give you peace of mind..... Quiz your doctor a bit more please ! That's no way for you to leave an appt feeling !!!!
  • I have one average and one peanut.

Adalynn was 19 lbs 29inches
    Aria was 17lbs 28.5 inches
    (Seriously, Amazon babies with length...)

@davila21 my pedi always asks about Aria being smaller. She was 1lb lighter than Adalynn at birth and is now 2lbs. They eat exactly the same and she's still going up in percentiles so mine isn't concerned. She's just built small and petit like you're LO sounds. Like their body structure is wayyyyy different, it's crazy. If he's thriving, I wouldn't fret!
  • It's crazy because at his 6 month appointment he was 14lbs and they suggested I introduce the baby food to try and help him gain weight. Currently he has about 4oz of baby food + 4oz of milk 3 times a day and when he gets hungry outside of those times I fill in with extra milk that is anywhere from 6-8oz. 

At his 9 month appointment they now tell me to feed him less baby food and give more milk since it appears he is getting full off the food quicker than he would the milk.

Aside from him being tiny, he's perfectly normal! He's such a happy baby and looking at him you'd never guess his weight is low. His father is also very small and can eat for days and never gain weight. We are relocating to VA on Friday so hopefully his new pediatrician can provide some better advice.
  • Had to go in a week early for a double ear infection and infection in both eyes. We're officially at 20.5 lbs and 27 inches long. My kid eats anything in sight but is thinning out so much.
  • My guy was 18.5 lbs and 29.12 in. Definitely a banana boy as Dr. Sears calls it. @Davila21 Definitely check out the applicable growth chart, that's important not the actual weight.
  • 21.6 lbs and 29 1/2 inches. He gained 3 lbs since 6 months but it was all within the first month and a half bc at his urologist appt a month and a half ago he was just under 22 lbs. 
  • edited March 2016
    21 lbs 14 ounces, 29 inches long, and 17.5 inch head.

Weight gain is definitely slowing and he's thinning out a little, but you still have to lift that little belly that flops over his diaper in order to change him! Love it. This year is going by so fast in some ways. 
  • 19lbs 8oz 28.5 in. Not much weight gain (5oz in a month) but she's just thinning out I think. Still has some rolls in there. 

I think the pedi is giving good advice with more milk -- I know they want LO to be getting 25-30oz of BM in addition to any food at this point @Davila21
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • 25-30oz seems like a lot from what my pedi told me at 9month. She told me to strive for 18-20oz. It's crazy to see how different pedis advice ranges so much
  • alcrimminsalcrimmins member
    edited March 2016
    Not her official 9mo checkup, but we went to the Dr today and LO was 18lbs 2oz and was 27.5in. She will be 9mo I. Wednesday, but her appt is closer to 10mo. 

Eta: She's eating 26 oz a day as well as two meals if purées and one meal of finger food. 
  • Our boy is getting tall, 30" which put him in the 95%. And he was 20.8 lbs, 50%. My husband likes to joke about when he will be taller than me, I'm sure is will be sooner than I think!
  • 28 in weighing 18 lbs 12 oz with a head in the 99% growing well but have went down in percentiles a little well except his head guess it's got to hold his big brain must have got that from his dad.
  • Blake had his 9 month appt on the 16th.  He weights 20lb 15oz, 28 inches tall, and his head is 18". 
    I didn't get the sheet with the percentiles, but pedi was happy with his size.
  • Eden weighs in at 21 lbs. 11 oz. and is 29.75 inches long! She is the 91st percentile for weight and 98th for height. Pedi always says she is off the charts! 
  • @ahall0358 I love the name Eden <3 so precious! 

Our little man is 19lbs and is 29inches long.
  • 9 month appointment yesterday!

19.73 lbs
    28.74 in 
  • 9 months on the 17th but was sick so we had check up today. 
    19.5 lbs and 28 inches tall. 
  • Little late in posting...but DD is 28.5" long and 21 lbs 11 oz.  That's 75% height and 90% weight, which are her lowest percentages since birth (when she was basically exactly average in height and weight).

She is constantly on the move, so it seems like her weight is leveling off finally...she was 19lbs 13oz at 6 months so she gained less than 2 lbs in 3 months.  DH and I are not large people (I'm 5'3" 125 and DH is 5'9" 145) so we expected her to level off eventually.  She's been in 9 month size clothes since she was 4.5 months old!  And still going strong - though the onesies and feetie PJs are just now starting to get a bit short. :-)

• 9 months this Sunday but has been sick all month and lost weight after amoxicillin gave him nonstop explosive diarrhea. 27 in for height (2nd percentile) and 14 lbs 10 oz (0%). He was gaining ok til he got RSV. Fingers crossed month 9 we will put on some weight!
  • @klirwin82 i hope he is on the mend now, poor guy :(
    We had a rough February with back to back to back colds.  I have never been to the doctor/hospital so much in my life.  

• DD is 19 lbs 10 oz and 28.75 inches...she feels alot heavier than 19 lbs! LOL
  • We're little over here- 17.3 oz and 27.25 in length.  Not surprised though since we're both skinny and DH is only 5 9. (Claims 5 10! Ha)