October 2016 Moms

Anyone showing/rounding yet?

Hi ladies - I'm 7w2d and earlier I noticed that my uterus area is a bit rounded. I had just gone to the restroom so it wasn't that pesky need to pee constantly, either. This is my first pregnancy and I have a fairly strong core but I am also fairly thin (right at a healthy weight but with no room to lose weight). The first two aspects lead me to believe that I wouldn't see much of a bump until well into my second trimester but the last aspect means it could come sooner. So, I'm wondering if this is actually the hint of a bump starting or if it's just a bloated kind of day. Is anyone else seeing a bit of rounding this early? 

Re: Anyone showing/rounding yet?

• I am showing...my big ol bloaty belly  :D I am 9 weeks 1 day , my baby is the size of a tator tot, so there is no way I can blame this muffin top on my little babe yet. 
    D&E  <3 2/08/2008 <3
    DD1 7/31/2008 <3
    DD2 6/16/2010 <3
    DD3 5/10/2012 <3
    IUD surprise pregnancy/MC 2015  :'(
    Little Rainbow Due 10/2/2016  <3

• Loading the player...
  • bloat and backed up digestive system.  
  • Thanks, ladies! I thought it had to be something besides a real bump. And neat diagram @housewifehobbyist !
  • It's the BLUMP! The bloat eventually goes away and becomes a real legit bump... that's when the excitement begins!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• I have TOTAL bloat belly too! I already started out with some pudginess, so I definitely feel like I'm poking out more too!  :p
    Mommy to Gabriel (12) and Isaiah (10) and Step-Mommy to Danely (17), Diego (9) and Leo (4). Trained doula going for certification!
    5 losses (2002-6 wks, 2004-9 wks, 2005-11 wks, 2015-7 wks & 5/27/2016-19 wks) 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yup. It's bloat.
    Yes, but it's not showing. It's bloat or blump*

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I feel like I'm showing too, but I'm for sure it's just bloat and the fact that I'm  always hungry, so probably a little excess weight too. 
  • With my first I didn't tell a lot of people till 20 weeks. With my second I had a stranger ask me when I was due at 12 weeks! That means the bump must have started in the first tri. This time I'm nervous how early I could possibly pop.
  • Not showing, but this is my third and I never strengthened my abs after my previous two, so when I bloat later in the day, my stomach gets huge. Like, 5 months along big. I don't even try to hide it anymore  (except around family that doesn't know yet). I just hope nobody asks how far along I am. It would be so embarrassing to explain that I'm only 8-9 wks and my belly is just pudgy/bloated.

Me(29)DH(30)
    Baby #3 EDD 10/6/2016
    DS 11/2009
    DD 1/2008
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm plus size so people used to ask me all the time when I was due, even though I wasn't pregnant (lucky for me, I hold all my excess weight in the stomach region).  Now that I am pregnant, and I'm bloating, even my mother is patting my stomach.  Good ol perma-bloat.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Yup. It's bloat.
    Yes, but it's not showing. It's bloat or blump*
    Not showing, but my bloat is causing me to "round"

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• kewltif said:
    With my first I didn't tell a lot of people till 20 weeks. With my second I had a stranger ask me when I was due at 12 weeks! That means the bump must have started in the first tri. This time I'm nervous how early I could possibly pop.
    This. I took pictures every week with my second. I was looking at them last night to compare where I'm at now. Ha! I'm still up 10lbs from my 19 month old and still have a pooch. Add my blump on top of that and I'm about where I was at 20 weeks last time. Only it's not very rounded, it's just fat.  :/

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • All bloat but it is making me look "rounded" I've been hiding it under flowing shirts or cardigans until I am ready to tell people. Apparently a lot of people think I am just gaining weight according to my mother, perfect. Since when is it ok for people to comment on that, especially when they don't know I am pregnant. Ugh I will stop here before the hormonal rant kicks in.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
  • I'm prego with my 5th and at 9 weeks 2 days, I look at least 20 weeks. OB says its bloat and also the more kids we have, the earlier our uterus relaxes and allows itself to move upwards and outwards. He said that some ladies with 10+ children can never get their uterus to return to pre pregnancy position. 
    Mommy of 3 little ones, 6 losses Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    I look like I ate a giant burrito. So much bloat. I already have a generous pooch but the bloat is horrible. 
  • I'm not sure I agree with the diagram above.  I'm pregnant with my 2nd and I swear that when I'm lying down I can feel my uterus halfway between my belly button and my pubic bone.  I'm pretty thin, so its seems pretty obvious to me.  No showing/rounding though - the bloat comes and goes!
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • omg I am looking so huge... last night I literally looked about 18 weeks pregnant. But it's definitely bloat and major constipation. I think I have a big poop baby in there. :neutral: 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My bloat could almost be mistaken for a bump if I wear those shirts with ribbons.  But no, it's bloat until second tri now and it gets bigger as the day goes on.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • @s&amp;mdarnell For what it's worth, no matter what's causing the extra puff, elastic waisted leggings/pants and bebands/bella bands are the best! As one of my girlfriends put it when I felt like it was too early for me to use the bands, "it's never too early for comfort!" :)
  • I spoke to soon.  I felt my uterus right below my belly button this morning.  :#  My goal this time was to not show as long as possible. #fail

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • I never lost my bloat from my last pregnancy. It's awful by the end of the day. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I had put on quite a bit of weight before and I'm still wearing the same clothes. So now, at only about 8 weeks, I definitely look pregnant. It'll be nice when it's an actual bump and not just bloat. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• People have been asking me since May if I'm pregnant because of my belly. Now that some know I am, they're all like "I knew it! You're totally showing!" Super awkward when I'm  l tell them I'm barely past 2 months...
  • Thank you for asking this question. I feel the same way, thought I was already starting to round out. I've never really felt bloated before but sounds like that's what it is. Have a healthy pregnancy! I'm 6w 4d
  • Another good picture. You can actually use fundus height as a general estimation for weeks of gestation. People can stray a little depending on their age and number of children, but it's actually pretty accurate. 

But it the bloating is noooo joke. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Did I poop this morning?

Y'all, it's no joke.
  • Bloating can be reducef by less bread products and gluten, less refined sugars/sweets and more water. I eat lentils, more protein and veg, and lowfat dairy bloating is not bad. Open faced sandwich or smaller servings (1 cup max) of whole wheat pasta good ways to cut back on gluten...or replace breads/pasta with rice/quinoa more often.

• I wore pants I normally don't wear to work and my boss said I was showing. I was 7 weeks at the time so I told her it was just fat lol (I'm a bigger girl to begin with.)
    DS born 2016
  • I am already heavier and hold most of my weight on my upper half. I am so bloated some days I look 5-6 months pregnant!  It's embarrassing, I don't want people thinking I'm further along that I am! Hahaha
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm definitely bloating but I've heard you show sooner after your first. I think I was in maternity pants at 10 weeks with my second. Haha.

O16 April Siggy