April 2016 Moms
Options

There is no misery quite like....

The heartburn that wakes u from a deep sleep and leaves you belching and nauseated for hours!

What is making you most miserable?

Re: There is no misery quite like....

• Options
    When DH has friends over, and I kind of told him that I would rather him hang out at home than out while I'm pregnant (so this is my own fault)... But now it's 2am and THEY WILL NOT STFU. I need sleep. Each time I tell them to keep it down, they get quiet for about 3 minutes before they rile themselves up again to nearly screaming at each other. Fucking boys. I can't sleep through this. I'm so, so, so sleepy!
  • Options
    The constant jabbing, pushing, and lightning crotch from the baby making it impossible to sit or lie down.
    It can take over an hr to get comfortable enough to be able to get to sleep at night.

Baby - I know you have very little space now but please don't beat me up from the inside!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the heartburn! I've taken 2 heartburn pills today (the max allowed per day) and just drank a bottle if milk an hour ago. But the burn is slowly creeping back up. Its unreal, this is the worst its ever been! I'm at work and beyond miserable. I'm moving so slow due to hip and back pain, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish my work by the end if my shift. Thank god its my Friday. I'm putting myself on bed rest this weekend!! 
  • Options
    My heartburn was so bad last night as well. I don't have any medicine for it so I just ate a bunch of bananas and tried to sleep in an inclined position on DHs chest until I could finally sleep on my side normally. I was so miserable last night. :astonished: 

• Options
    Lack of sleep, when I've been exhausted all day long. Baby loves to start moving around like crazy as soon as I lay down to go to sleep. Even when I get to sleep she wakes me up all through the night, jabbing my cervix and kicking my sides. I miss good sleep! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Legs cramps that wake you up but you can't get up fast enough or reach down and rub them out on your own.  So you finally get up get the cramp stretched out and realize you have to pee.  Once done in the bathroom you then realize you are thirsty and go to the kitchen.  Now you are wide awake and it's going to take at least 30 mins to fall back asleep...yay.
  • Options
    Legs cramps that wake you up but you can't get up fast enough or reach down and rub them out on your own.  So you finally get up get the cramp stretched out and realize you have to pee.  Once done in the bathroom you then realize you are thirsty and go to the kitchen.  Now you are wide awake and it's going to take at least 30 mins to fall back asleep...yay.
    This is me. Right now. So I gave up trying to sleep and decided to bump. 
  • Options
    @Ready4theParty don't forget about then being hungry, and having to find a snack.
    Add in the CRAZY dreams I had last night, and I'm awake, wired, and might as well get up for the day. 
  • Options
    @Ready4theParty don't forget about then being hungry, and having to find a snack.
    Add in the CRAZY dreams I had last night, and I'm awake, wired, and might as well get up for the day. 
    Agreed!  I had the weirdest dreams last night.
  • Options
    Waking up super hungry but can't eat due to taking meds on empty stomach, having to poop all the time, and lightning crotch waking you up multiple times at night.
  • Options
    Stillbirth dream last night. :cry: why is it that the fun sexy dreams never continue after waking up to pee but that one could survive waking up TWICE?!?
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When you wake up to a leg cramp, walk it off and go back to sleep only to wake up to another cramp in a different leg 3 hours later. Then an hour after that having to wake up to a screaming toddler whose only reason to wake up at 4 in the morning is to eat.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    @rebelone I feel your pain with the leg cramps! Although I think you are suffering the worst. Ive been getting cramps in my feet and my back if I twist too far to one side. Im over it! I hope it eases up for you soon!
  • Options
    Definitely the middle of the night heartburn and any sort of attempt to roll over or move around in bed is just exhausting and painful! 
  • Options
    Sitting on the floor and not being able to get back up! (this post brought to you by me, sitting on the floor, hoping someone gets home soon so they can drag me up and I can pee)
  • Options
    Being pregnant in general makes me miserable  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I second the heartburn and not being able to get comfortable in bed.

The only way I can fall asleep now is with a pillowbetween my knees and every morning I wake up my hips and pelvis are in so much pain I want to cry. It takes forever to get out of bed and it hurts to walk for the first half f the day. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    TKaiser91 said:
    I second the heartburn and not being able to get comfortable in bed

The only way I can fall asleep now is with a pillowbetween my knees and every morning I wake up my hips and pelvis are in so much pain I want to cry. It takes forever to get out of bed and it hurts to walk for the first half f the day. 
    This x100! 
  • Options
    @TKaiser91 - same!

I have one of those pregnancy body pillows, and at first I loved it. It kept the pain away 100%. But now I get way too hot when I sleep with it, and then I can't get any sleep! (I need it coooold to sleep)

So, I went back to sleeping with pillows between my knees, and the hip and back pain is just ridiculous. I have to slowly roll out of bed. I feel so old.

I feel like at this point, there's no way to win :(

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @TKaiser91 The hip and pelvic pain is unreal. Only thing that helps is sleeping on my stomach which I am surprised that I can still do at this point. 

• Options
    I am awake at 3:00 am looking for the last Tums in a roll I had. Wtf is happening to me?
  • Options
    Heartburn sucks!! I got it so bad with my son, once I woke up choking on acid and couldn't breathe. It was so scary! I feel it beginning with this LO. Basically I have to take Pepcid before dinner no matter what I eat, take tums at bedtime, and then sometimes more tums in the MOTN, just to keep it at a manageable level. 

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    The heartburn is unreal, pretty sure the pity of hell is in my stomach just trying to escape. Sleeping on my awful couch because of the heartburn (of course than the dog follows after me), and the trips to the hospital because of my blood pressure going sky high and my feet and ankles being swollen.
  • Options
    @TKaiser91 - same!

I have one of those pregnancy body pillows, and at first I loved it. It kept the pain away 100%. But now I get way too hot when I sleep with it, and then I can't get any sleep! (I need it coooold to sleep)

So, I went back to sleeping with pillows between my knees, and the hip and back pain is just ridiculous. I have to slowly roll out of bed. I feel so old.

I feel like at this point, there's no way to win :(
    H bought me one for Christmas and it was ok at first, sort of too bulky. I use it when he is out of town, but I find it uncomfortable if we are both in the bed.

We decided 34 weeks was a good time to start some big reno projects in our house, so we are without a TV room/sofa, so I watch TV on my laptop in bed instead. It's comfy for that purpose (I kind of make a little throne) but i can't sleep with it anymore.
  • Options
    @elasticheart13 I miss sleeping on my stomach. I can't wait to do that again!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    All of this! The heartburn, the hip pain, the not sleeping well. Oh dear... The worst part about being pregnant is definitely at night. Well, except for during the day when you've gotta walk, go to work, and deal with rude and inconsiderate people. No rest for the weary I suppose. 5 more weeks!!!
  • Options
    I don't have heartburn but I have the horrible sleeping body pain, crotch-bone pain, and I stabbed my foot on a nail sticking out of my couch.
  • Options
    @sarahufl - I never thought of using it for my laptop. That's a good idea!

I read that it can also be used for nursing the baby, like a boppy pillow, so I'm hoping that works out. Then I won't feel like it's a total waste. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My tailbone is starting to ache and my hips ache now all the sudden as well. 
    Trying to remind myself I only have 5 more weeks 
  • Options
    loveymay said:
    @rebelone I feel your pain with the leg cramps! Although I think you are suffering the worst. Ive been getting cramps in my feet and my back if I twist too far to one side. Im over it! I hope it eases up for you soon!
    Honestly I haven't heard of anyone having them as bad or worse than I've had them. It really makes me think there's something else going on other than just being pregnant but I'm doing everything possible before bed to try and prevent them.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Spending all night desperately trying to sleep and failing miserably, finally falling into a decently deep slumber, and being rudely awakened by a Charlie horse an hour and a half before your alarm is supposed to go off. Bonus points for those occasions when the carpal tunnel is bothersome enough that you can't even begin to try falling asleep again. Ugh.
  • Options
    I don't remember a time when I slept soundly, and my hips weren't sore. I'm sure it was amazing though.
  • Options
    Waking up to roll over and your pelvis popping so loudly it wakes up your bedmate. 
  • Options
    Realized today the hip pain doesn't go away as quickly as it used to.. Had to get up this morning because I'd exhausted my comfort level on both sides, but being up isn't helping yet.

ouch. 
  • Options
    I'm currently having the same issue with heartburn.  It's sooooo bad it wakes me out of my sleep, just when I've found a comfortable position. Ughhhh, it's terrible!!!
  • Options
    Back/hip pain and being unable to sleep at night. Then to top it all off catching a cold and not being able to take anything to help.